+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445
my wife passed her test on sept 30 and we got email saying this is “unofficial” results

Since tracker is broken. When do we get the “official result” and its been almost a week with nothing? Not a single email?
 
my wife passed her test on sept 30 and we got email saying this is “unofficial” results

Since tracker is broken. When do we get the “official result” and its been almost a week with nothing? Not a single email?
It’s been a month since I passed the test, haven’t received that email yet
 
Been 2 weeks since passing the test, I did not receive any email either.
Yea I think at this point nothing is working. I am just waiting to get ceremony email around November. Trying to make tracker work or calling them is just waste of time.
 
Just follow the steps and you will be fine.
I got revalidation for citizenship test. Probably due to webcam glitch or other screen on top or webcam not ckear i passed 17 out of 20 .but i have to wait for new link. How long does it take for test given on oct 1st n received on oct 6th revalidation letter to get new link for test
 
I got revalidation for citizenship test. Probably due to webcam glitch or other screen on top or webcam not ckear i passed 17 out of 20 .but i have to wait for new link. How long does it take for test given on oct 1st n received on oct 6th revalidation letter to get new link for test
My daughter also had the same issue with the webcam when she took the test, but she has not received any email from IRCC yet. Could you please clarify what you mean by waiting for a new link—do you need to retake the test?
 
I called IRCC earlier today to check the status of my application and they told me that my background check and citizenship test are marked complete after reviewing them. However the processing of LPP has not started yet. :(
 
Applied- March 18, 2026 (Online application)

AOR- May 25, 2026

Background completed -May 26, 2026

1st Test invite- June 26, 2026
( due to some reason had no time to prepare, didn’t write the test) written explanation submit to IRCC thru webform

2nd Test invite- Aug 25, 2026

Test completed- Sept 07, 2026 (got 18/20)
——After that no update for a while—-

Oath ceremony invitation- Today Oct 07, 2026

Hopefully everything will go smooth

Wishing everyone a good luck
 
Applied- March 18, 2026 (Online application)

AOR- May 25, 2026

Background completed -May 26, 2026

1st Test invite- June 26, 2026
( due to some reason had no time to prepare, didn’t write the test) written explanation submit to IRCC thru webform

2nd Test invite- Aug 25, 2026

Test completed- Sept 07, 2026 (got 18/20)
——After that no update for a while—-

Oath ceremony invitation- Today Oct 07, 2026

Hopefully everything will go smooth

Wishing everyone a good luck
congrats but this thread is for May submissions, not March submissions
 
Looks like the tracker has been updated tonight.

Now it is showing background check and the test as completed later being 3rd September.

The rest is still in progress.

This marks as 7th October update.

Update of the past it seems, better than nothing I suppose.
 
Anyone who is still on the edge about taking the test.

1> Read Discovery Canada At least Once
2> Give Mock Tests From Richmond or Toronto Public Library
3> If you are clearing those mocks with 18-20 correct and in like 10-15 minutes then you should be good with real test

Real test is easy - worded different than mock tests questions obviously but questions/events in real test were in mocks I had given. Some of the Answers were deductible and can be figured out by process of elimination - though it should not be the first approach for all the questions.

One more thing I think that made test easy for me is that I read half of the study guide in one sitting on Friday and attempted test on Friday Night and I had retained maximum of read material.

Best Of Luck Everyone
Great advice! I agree that reading Discover Canada at least once and doing plenty of mock tests makes a big difference. If you’re consistently getting 18–20/20 on the practice tests within 10–15 minutes, you’re probably well prepared. Also, doing the test soon after studying the material can definitely help with retention. Thanks for sharing your experience, and good luck with the rest of your citizenship process!