+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 TRV Applications Stuck At Biometrics & Background Verification

abahsa7

Star Member
Jul 26, 2023
Your application has not started the review process so an officer has yet to review it. Starting eligibility review can take weeks to months. Do you have a valid Canadian visa? When did you permit expire? You never mentioned past travel to Canada in your original post.
Visitor Visa - for study

I had to upload my CAQ and my valid Study Permit in the application as well as proof of enrollment for fall2023 and my university transcript which shows every semester attended from fall 2021 till now.

Been approved for a study permit in 2021, and renewed my study permit in Canada, march of this year.

I submitted my application July 21 - and it started reviewing my eligibility on the 26th. Even on tracker it updated my destination from being unknown, to now saying Montreal

so I'm hoping that means someone is working on my application. any input or info from your knowledge is much appreciated.

My first TRV that came with study permit expired with my old passport.

JAYB92

Jul 24, 2023
You can hope but if refused for funds then you will need to show personal accounts. As you will read in the link, it is the bank account of the applicant, not a business name.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/proof-funds-financial-support.html
I understand, I have two jobs;
1. A regular government official which I added all relevant documents as well as my salary account statement.

2. A sole proprietorship business which I also added the bank statement. So the sole proprietorship business is an additional stream of income.

That’s how come I asked those questions…

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Visitor Visa - for study

I had to upload my CAQ and my valid Study Permit in the application as well as proof of enrollment for fall2023 and my university transcript which shows every semester attended from fall 2021 till now.

Been approved for a study permit in 2021, and renewed my study permit in Canada, march of this year.

I submitted my application July 21 - and it started reviewing my eligibility on the 26th. Even on tracker it updated my destination from being unknown, to now saying Montreal

so I'm hoping that means someone is working on my application. any input or info from your knowledge is much appreciated.

My first TRV that came with study permit expired with my old passport.
Now you have added that you have a study permit. Honestly cannot answer as you are not given all information...so confused. Are you in Canada? Your first post states:
GCKey Details
Application Status
: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of Eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility

Now you are saying eligibility review started on the 26th. Just wait for a response as you keep adding to your story.

abahsa7

Star Member
Jul 26, 2023
Now you have added that you have a study permit. Honestly cannot answer as you are not given all information...so confused. Are you in Canada? Your first post states:
GCKey Details
Application Status
: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of Eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility

Now you are saying eligibility review started on the 26th. Just wait for a response as you keep adding to your story.
maybe you are confusing me for someone else? currently im outside canada, i had to leave because my dad had a medical emergency.

JAYB92

Jul 24, 2023
I applied on 25th May, 2023 from Ghana.
Application Type: TRV(Visitor Visa)
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission: 25th May, 2023
Submission Confirmation: 25th May, 2023
Biometric Information: Submitted in 2016 and still within the 10years validity period.

Tracker Details

Last Updated
: 1st June, 2023.
Application Status: In Progress
Biometrics: In Progress
Medical Exam: Not Started
Eligibility: Not Started
Background Verification: In Progress

GCKey Details
Application Status
Review of Eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of Medical Result: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of Additional Documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background Check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final Decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

NO UPDATE SINCE 1ST JULY, 2023 and a couple of inconsistencies from the two portals. Travel Date is 1st August, 2023 and kinda worried about what’s going on with the application.

Any known reasons for such inconsistency??
Update on Visitors Visa on 7th September, 2023.

I know from the IRCC website that for visitor visa, I am supposed to provide Biometric once every 10 years and do not need to give my biometrics again until the 10-year period expire.

However, they requested me to provide Biometric Fee Payment of CAD $85 online and attach proof to my application within 7-days or my application may be refused. This seems contradictory to the information on their website.

This was after my application has been in progress since 25th May 2023. I am wondering if they are now going to send me BIL. I know there are no IRCC officers here but has anyone come across this before?

STATUS OF APPLICATION ON BOTH PLATFORMS AS AT 11TH SEPTEMBER 2023

IRCC DASHBOARD

Application Date: 25th May 2023

Application Status
: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need information from you.

Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical result: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.

Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final Decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you message once the final decision has been made.

TRACKER DASHBOARD

Biometrics
: In progress

Medical exam: Not started

Eligibility: Not started

Background verification: In progress

Miki21

May 13, 2023
Update on Visitors Visa on 7th September, 2023.

I know from the IRCC website that for visitor visa, I am supposed to provide Biometric once every 10 years and do not need to give my biometrics again until the 10-year period expire.

However, they requested me to provide Biometric Fee Payment of CAD $85 online and attach proof to my application within 7-days or my application may be refused. This seems contradictory to the information on their website.

This was after my application has been in progress since 25th May 2023. I am wondering if they are now going to send me BIL. I know there are no IRCC officers here but has anyone come across this before?

STATUS OF APPLICATION ON BOTH PLATFORMS AS AT 11TH SEPTEMBER 2023

IRCC DASHBOARD

Application Date: 25th May 2023

Application Status
: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need information from you.

Review of eligibility: Your application is in progress. We will send you message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical result: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final Decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you message once the final decision has been made.

TRACKER DASHBOARD

Biometrics
: In progress

Medical exam: Not started

Eligibility: Not started

Jay …have you gotten any update on your application ….I’m also in the waiting game .

JAYB92

Jul 24, 2023
Jay …have you gotten any update on your application ….I’m also in the waiting game .
Not yet. They requested for a new biometric which I did and uploaded. Eligibility hasn’t started as at today but background is in progress. All other sections are completed.

So I am waiting for an update soon. Almost 6months now and still waiting

JAYB92

Jul 24, 2023
Biometrics Completed.

Medicals requested 15th November 2023, done on 21st November 2023 and In Progress.

Eligibility Started 23rd November 2023 and In Progress.

Background In Progress.

@Miki21 Any update on yours ?

Miki21

May 13, 2023
Biometrics Completed.

Medicals requested 15th November 2023, done on 21st November 2023 and In Progress.

Eligibility Started 23rd November 2023 and In Progress.

Background In Progress.

@Miki21 Any update on yours ?
Background in progress since 11th August …Eligibility not started

JAYB92

Jul 24, 2023
TRACKER DASHBOARD

Biometrics
: Completed

Medical Exam: Completed

Eligibility: In Progress

Any update on yours?? @Miki21

Last edited: