+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 Super Visa Applications

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Congratulations!!
My application submission was on May 11, 2023. Biometric updated on 18th. Nothing after that.
we are in the same boat. My biometrics got updated on 17th and nothing after that. I did not do upfront medical but recently my mother went and gave one without medical request from IRCC. Hoping it should not get rejected. Applying for the first time

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Also what is date modified on IRCC portal, is it the date when portal software was updated or an officer last worked on my file. Currently, it shows Date modified: 2023-05-23 on my IRCC portal account.

auroragk

Apr 11, 2020
we are in the same boat. My biometrics got updated on 17th and nothing after that. I did not do upfront medical but recently my mother went and gave one without medical request from IRCC. Hoping it should not get rejected. Applying for the first time
Let us hope for the best. There should be some movement in the next few days. They seem to be working on May applications.

Reactions: boomshanker

nims38

Apr 3, 2017
Finally my parents Super Visa is approved.

Super Visa Application for Parents:
Application Submitted: 11th May
Biometrics Instruction Letter: 15th May
Biometrics Completed (for both): 22nd May
Medical marked as Complete (for both): 24th May
Eligibility Completed: 6th June
PPR and BVL: 7th June

Takita

May 12, 2021
Parents Super Visa Application (First time)
Up front Medical:
26th April 2023
Super Visa File Submission: 21st May 2023 12:30PM EDT
BIL Received for both parents: 21st May 2023 04:52PM EDT
Father Medical Passed: 24th May 2023
Biometrics given: 31st May 2023
Biometrics Updated: 31st May 2023
Mother Medical Passed: 7th Jun 2023
BVL Received for both parents: 7th Jun 2023
Final Decision in Portal for both parents: June 7, 2023 Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Visa info not showing in tracker yet.

What's next update after BVL?

Takita

May 12, 2021
Up front Medical:
26th April 2023
Final Decision in Portal for both parents: June 7, 2023 Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Update: PPR letter available for both parents under portal.

auroragk

Apr 11, 2020
Finally my parents Super Visa is approved.

Super Visa Application for Parents:
Application Submitted: 11th May
Biometrics Instruction Letter: 15th May
Biometrics Completed (for both): 22nd May
Medical marked as Complete (for both): 24th May
Eligibility Completed: 6th June
PPR and BVL: 7th June
Congratulations.

Reactions: nims38

Window2176

Jan 4, 2018
Up front Medical:
26th April 2023

You will receive PPR in 48 hours

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Seems like you know my parents more than I do:) my parents never applied for any Canada visa before and this is their first time. Required is not mandatory thought so yeah according to their account they don't need it so...
Medicals are 100% required for supervisa. are you sure you didn't apply for just a regular visitor visa..

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Posted processing times are just estimates and often incorrect. Nobody should be focused on the posted number. The are usually a few select applicants who already have a valid medical and who have no serious medical conditions or irregularities and have a very strong application who get processed within a month. Others have very weak or incomplete applications and are processed within a week or two. Those are assessed via AI and are approved or refused very quickly. That reduces average processing times while others take much longer. Other cases can take over 6 months to process for example if you need TB testing. Even if the posted average processing time is correct that still means files there are files that are processed much faster but also files that are processed much slower which is why it is best not to focus on the average processing times. Announcements about processing times from the minister of immigration are also goals not guaranteed processing times. IRCC may want to process all files in 60 days but that is often not realistic and not what is actually happening.
This makes sense. At what point is it a good idea to contact the MP to see what's happening on the file?

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Medicals are 100% required for supervisa. are you sure you didn't apply for just a regular visitor visa..
Nope super visa 100%, everyone says that but no one can proof where it says this is mandatory. If most of people receive the medical exam it does not mean it is mandatory. This is the last time I am going to answer questions related to medical for my parents applications.
And below is what I selected while applying

.To visit my children or grandchildren for a period of more than 6 months (super visa)

Last edited:

jasrocks

Feb 18, 2016
Nope super visa 100%, everyone says that but no one can proof where it says this is mandatory. If most of people receive the medical exam it does not mean it is mandatory. This is the last time I am going to answer questions related to medical for my parents applications.
And below is what I selected while applying

.To visit my children or grandchildren for a period of more than 6 months (super visa)
The medicals are mandatory for Super Visa. The reason it does not say in your case is that you have not received the medical request yet. Once CIC sends you the letter for medicals the status will change in the portal for you.

longvh

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi friends,

1. This is the form for Super Visa applications to feed data for the future Super Visa timeline dashboard (will be Page 3 of the dashboard in my signature).
https://tiny url.com/SuperVisaForm
(remove the space before url" for the link)
When we have at least 5 profiles, I'll start to build visuals for that page.

Please help to spread the dashboard to anyone who would like to join. Thank you.
Thanks @offline136 for providing a very detailed profile.

2. Anyone here could help me with the issue regarding "tie to home country"

My mother (widow) has only a single child and all assets are under our names in Home country.
In this case, what are the solutions to prove her connections to her home country for Super Visa?

Appreciate your help.

Last edited: