+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 Super Visa Applications

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Can you share your timeline. I guess it is mandatory for super visa and optional or not required for temp visitor visa.
Not sure where you get that mandatory stuff for super visa from ( if most of people get medical that does not mean it is mandatory) But for my parents under their applications I can read.

Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Timeline for both.
Applications sent: April 25
Biometric letter: April 25
Biometric completed : May 5
Eligibility started: May 11
Background: May 8

auroragk

Apr 11, 2020
Not sure where you get that mandatory stuff for super visa from ( if most of people get medical that does not mean it is mandatory) But for my parents under their applications I can read.

Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Timeline for both.
Applications sent: April 25
Biometric letter: April 25
Biometric completed : May 5
Eligibility started: May 11
Background: May 8
Did they inform you when they started eligibility check? Or did you check on the portal?

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
Ok thanks. just to be on safe side i booked medicals for my mom on June 5th. Did not receive any update from IRCC after biometrics is done. I guess things are slow after strike. Because one of my family friends got it within 10 days their case was different applicant already visited Canada few times and they have medical and biometrics details already.

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
Sharing my PPR Experience from Mumbai India.

PPR - 24th May
Passport Submitted - 26th May
Passport Received at IRCC Office Bangalore - 29th May
Passport Processed and Dispatched from IRCC Office 30th May
Passport Received back at VFS Mumbai - 31st May
Passport collected - 1st June.

offline136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
AB
*Parents-in-law Super Visa - First-time Applicants of Canada*

Country of Origin: India
Upfront Medical Performed: May 4, 2023, for both Applicants
Super Visa File Submission: May 7, 2023
BIL Received: May 7, 2023, for Primary Applicant Only (Father-in-law)
BIL Received: May 9, 2023, for Secondary Applicant (Mother-in-law)
Biometrics Performed and Updated: May 15, 2023, for both Applicants
Medical Passed: May 31, 2023, for both Applicants

Background Check is under Process for both Applicants as of June 1, 2023.

mgmann0001

Star Member
Aug 11, 2020
Applied 20th May
Received BIL on same day for principal applicant and after 5 days for secondary applicant.
Biometrics given 31st May
Biometrics updated on 1st June

Reactions: offline136

armel10

Jun 2, 2023
Hello I have applied for my parent's super visa but I have not submitted their financial situation, should I be worried??? The documents I submitted are: 1. Letter of invitation with my citizenship certificate 2. proof of income: notice of assessment 3. national identity document: identity card 4. travel document: passport 5. proof of funds: a short note that I am the one who will pay for everything with a sermon signed by the sermation commissioner of Quebec, my savings account of $25,000, My payment stubs 6. relationship: birth certificate 7. Marriage certificate: extract from the marriage certificate 8. health insurance 9. additional documents: - travel history: two stays in Belgium

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, CIC requires Medical for Super Visa. You will get Medical Request Letter (IME) which you will have to perform asap so that your application can process further. It is highly recommended to finish IME (upfront medical) which will save time later on. The time that will take you to get Medical Request to the time your doctor submits the form to immigration will be added to the processing time of the current 52 days. But, anyways it's just a matter of 1-2 weeks extra I would say!!
Posted processing times are just estimates and often incorrect. Nobody should be focused on the posted number. The are usually a few select applicants who already have a valid medical and who have no serious medical conditions or irregularities and have a very strong application who get processed within a month. Others have very weak or incomplete applications and are processed within a week or two. Those are assessed via AI and are approved or refused very quickly. That reduces average processing times while others take much longer. Other cases can take over 6 months to process for example if you need TB testing. Even if the posted average processing time is correct that still means files there are files that are processed much faster but also files that are processed much slower which is why it is best not to focus on the average processing times. Announcements about processing times from the minister of immigration are also goals not guaranteed processing times. IRCC may want to process all files in 60 days but that is often not realistic and not what is actually happening.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not necessarily I applied for super visa and both of parent's applications are showing Not need for medical test under MEDICAL.
Medicals are required for a supervisa. Your parents may have already done a medical for another application within the past year.

Reactions: boomshanker

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ok thanks. just to be on safe side i booked medicals for my mom on June 5th. Did not receive any update from IRCC after biometrics is done. I guess things are slow after strike. Because one of my family friends got it within 10 days their case was different applicant already visited Canada few times and they have medical and biometrics details already.
That is a rare case where the file is being processed via AI and they must have had a valid medical already with no irregularities. If files are processed manually it take 2-3 months minimum.

Reactions: boomshanker

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello I have applied for my parent's super visa but I have not submitted their financial situation, should I be worried??? The documents I submitted are: 1. Letter of invitation with my citizenship certificate 2. proof of income: notice of assessment 3. national identity document: identity card 4. travel document: passport 5. proof of funds: a short note that I am the one who will pay for everything with a sermon signed by the sermation commissioner of Quebec, my savings account of $25,000, My payment stubs 6. relationship: birth certificate 7. Marriage certificate: extract from the marriage certificate 8. health insurance 9. additional documents: - travel history: two stays in Belgium
You can always send in more information on a webform if you are concerned.

offline136

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
AB
Posted processing times are just estimates and often incorrect. Nobody should be focused on the posted number. The are usually a few select applicants who already have a valid medical and who have no serious medical conditions or irregularities and have a very strong application who get processed within a month. Others have very weak or incomplete applications and are processed within a week or two. Those are assessed via AI and are approved or refused very quickly. That reduces average processing times while others take much longer. Other cases can take over 6 months to process for example if you need TB testing. Even if the posted average processing time is correct that still means files there are files that are processed much faster but also files that are processed much slower which is why it is best not to focus on the average processing times. Announcements about processing times from the minister of immigration are also goals not guaranteed processing times. IRCC may want to process all files in 60 days but that is often not realistic and not what is actually happening.
Yes.. So this information has nothing to do with original question. No matter how many days is processing time but upfront medical will save some time and that's the whole point of this conversation.

Reactions: canuck78