+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

navrajan88

Jul 22, 2017
Exact timeline as yours. GCMS says Language Prohibition not started
Lets hope we get some movement before April 2024. I will give my feedback on the whole journey if it all they ask me for one during my oath ceremony, Application processing should be First In First Out(FIFO), it cannot be randomly picking applications and granting them, especially the ones which got approved in 2-3 months of applying, that is really unfair!

jobishis

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Lets hope we get some movement before April 2024. I will give my feedback on the whole journey if it all they ask me for one during my oath ceremony, Application processing should be First In First Out(FIFO), it cannot be randomly picking applications and granting them, especially the ones which got approved in 2-3 months of applying, that is really unfair!
Its very disappointing people those who applied Sep getting oath now lol. I am stuck with my current Indian passports are expiring for all of us. it is waste of money if i renew then the oath comes immediately lol

navrajan88

Jul 22, 2017
Its very disappointing people those who applied Sep getting oath now lol. I am stuck with my current Indian passports are expiring for all of us. it is waste of money if i renew then the oath comes immediately lol
We can only hope for the best and prepare for the worst at the moment and wait patiently. I have tried reaching out to my constituency MP to get status update of my application via his office, ordered GCMS notes twice, all the while thinking that it could trigger a movement of my application. But nothing happened till now. They will look into your application only when they want to. Due date mentioned on my GCMS notes for making a decision is August 2024. I just hope now that don't have to wait that long. Lets see!

TSuni

Aug 9, 2016
New here to the forum.
My time line:
Application sent : April 20
AOR: May 14
Citizenship test : July 15
Background Check : Complete
LPP: Progressing
Ghost Update: October 27

Kellykaffy

Nov 24, 2023
I have exact same timeline as yours except my application sent date is May 27, 2023. I am still waiting for my LPP to be completed. GCMS notes does not say anything. Looks like they put a bunch of applications like us to a triage process, probably they are going to look at it at a specific date.
Almost thesame timeliness
Application received May 9th
Test updated July 4th
Family of 6 Application
Paper Application
2 ghost update October 16th and October 27th
Am still waiting for LPP.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

jobishis

Star Member
May 12, 2014
i send a query in webform regarding delay, but the response was...

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).​

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application to become a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship) is still in process.
At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office.​

Reactions: mehranjadoon

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Over the last 30 days has anyone received an oath invite? I've read through all the comments so I'm up to date with most of it but is there anyone else here who can share the updates specifically for receiving an oath invite would be great.

I'm part of a group application and I'm done with my oath but my other family member is still all in-progress.

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
i send a query in webform regarding delay, but the response was...

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).​

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application to become a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship) is still in process.
At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office.​
this is their generic response.

Reactions: jobishis
Sep 14, 2023
I have exact same timeline as yours except my application sent date is May 27, 2023. I am still waiting for my LPP to be completed. GCMS notes does not say anything. Looks like they put a bunch of applications like us to a triage process, probably they are going to look at it at a specific date.
I hope we get to see some progress soon. I am still waiting for GCMS notes but honestly don't have much hopes. I know so many folks who applied after us, completed their test in Oct 2023 and have their oath ceremony scheduled in few days.

Sep 14, 2023
I saw a few posts where folks said they are hopeful about some movement on their application by April 2024. Just curious - what's in April 2024? :)

Sep 14, 2023
We can only hope for the best and prepare for the worst at the moment and wait patiently. I have tried reaching out to my constituency MP to get status update of my application via his office, ordered GCMS notes twice, all the while thinking that it could trigger a movement of my application. But nothing happened till now. They will look into your application only when they want to. Due date mentioned on my GCMS notes for making a decision is August 2024. I just hope now that don't have to wait that long. Lets see!
Hi navrajan88 - I have also requested GCMS notes (paid option) but I just received a generic reply with no PDF/ documents attached as other folks have reported receiving. So I re-requested them explicitly mentioning that I wanted detailed GCMS notes under the privacy act (free option). They got back and requested me to send a consent for to release records of my spouse (it's a family of 2 group application). And it's been a week since providing this, no further updates.

How long did it take for you to receive the GCMS notes and did you request it from ATIP website under privacy act or chose the other paid option? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: mehranjadoon

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
Hi navrajan88 - I have also requested GCMS notes (paid option) but I just received a generic reply with no PDF/ documents attached as other folks have reported receiving. So I re-requested them explicitly mentioning that I wanted detailed GCMS notes under the privacy act (free option). They got back and requested me to send a consent for to release records of my spouse (it's a family of 2 group application). And it's been a week since providing this, no further updates.

How long did it take for you to receive the GCMS notes and did you request it from ATIP website under privacy act or chose the other paid option? Thanks in advance!
At present they are taking 3-4 weeks for GCMS notes under privacy act. I have a group application as well, but I order separate notes for each applicant.

jhock

Jan 19, 2011
So I received my GCMS notes late last night (took about three weeks from request) and my primary office is Sydney and secondary is Scarborough. That is not great news is it? Seems to be the two slowest offices based on what I've seen on this thread. Nothing out of the ordinary on the rest of the report, app status is "In Progress-CP."

Application filed: May 16, 2023 (online)
Background verification Completed: Sept 13, 2023
Citizenship test Completed : Jul 27, 2023
LPP: In Progress
Ghost update : None

Reactions: Jalalcananda