+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Jasbrigg97

Mar 16, 2021
Hi all

I would really appreciate it if someone could share with me a link to the whatsapp group for syndney applicants. Pls reply to my comment thanks

Ms Jag

Mar 15, 2016
Oh then it's just a citizenship interview. Sometimes those are scheduled if they have more questions on your application. Routine stuff.
I had an in person interview today at Scarborough along with my husband. Roughly 5 minutes, document check and travel history. The officer said ‘it will only be an interview today’. Once she spoke with both of us, she said ‘have you taken the day off? Would you be interested in an oath ceremony today?’. Waited about 15 minutes for an in-person oath for my husband and I. All in all 1 hour from the time we walked in to walking out with our citizenship certificates.

pp24

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
I had an in person interview today at Scarborough along with my husband. Roughly 5 minutes, document check and travel history. The officer said ‘it will only be an interview today’. Once she spoke with both of us, she said ‘have you taken the day off? Would you be interested in an oath ceremony today?’. Waited about 15 minutes for an in-person oath for my husband and I. All in all 1 hour from the time we walked in to walking out with our citizenship certificates.
That's awesome!! Congrats!!!

Reactions: vmax12

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
Congratulations. I am sure you will be shocked when he offered same day oath. Happy for you. I hope we all get our Oath soon.

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
I received my GCMS notes yesterday and saw a note in there that “ICES requested due to low physical presence days”. Actually I applied for citizenship on 1096th day.

My question is how long will it take CBSA to send a response to Case Officer? Is it a sign that LPP will be completed soon?

jobishis

Star Member
May 12, 2014
I received my GCMS notes yesterday and saw a note in there that “ICES requested due to low physical presence days”. Actually I applied for citizenship on 1096th day.

My question is how long will it take CBSA to send a response to Case Officer? Is it a sign that LPP will be completed soon?
Make sure you did not count your vacation days out of the country.

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Thats so amazing! it looks like they just did it right there and done! congrats! Did you get your certificate of citizenship yet?

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Updated timeline:

May 9- application submitted
May 31st - AOR received
Jun 28 - Background verification completed
Jun 29 - Citizenship Test invite
Jul 17 - Citizenship Test completed
Nov 30 - LPP completed
Jan 29 - Status changed to In Progress of Oath Ceremony
Jan 22 - Email received for Oath Ceremony
Jan 29 - Oath Scheduled
Jan 29 - Oath of Citizenship sent to the Mississauga office

*Pending e-Certificate to be available in IRCC

Anyone still waiting for their e-Cert from Mississauga office?

Reactions: vmax12

OMG_Citizen

Dec 9, 2023
App. Filed.......
02/08/2023
AOR Received.
13/09/2023
Hello everyone,

Has anyone changed status or completed process of citizenship who has "Location: E-Grant DF" ? And how long have you waiting?
I got 2 ghost update at 27October and 20December but still LPP not green and waiting process. My Location also still shows "E-Grant DF"

navrajan88

Jul 22, 2017
Hi All,

I need some help regarding GCMS notes. We are stuck at LPP since July 2023. I am planning to request GCMS notes as a next step. Does anyone know how long does it take to receive GCMS notes? Also do we request under Access to Information or Privacy Act?

Type: Online application
Application: Family of 2

Application sent: May 6th, 2023
Background Completed : June 21st, 2023
Test Completed :July 28th, 2023
LPP: In Progress
Ghost Update : October 27th, 2023
I have exact same timeline as yours except my application sent date is May 27, 2023. I am still waiting for my LPP to be completed. GCMS notes does not say anything. Looks like they put a bunch of applications like us to a triage process, probably they are going to look at it at a specific date.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaywalker

jobishis

Star Member
May 12, 2014
I have exact same timeline as yours except my application sent date is May 27, 2023. I am still waiting for my LPP to be completes. GCMS notes does not say anything. Looks like they put a bunch of applications like us to a triage process, probably they are going to look at it at a specific date.
Exact timeline as yours. GCMS says Language Prohibition not started