+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

jhock

Jan 19, 2011
How long does it take to get the GCMS notes in general? Their own form made it sound like the turn around was pretty quick.

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Mississauga office
Updated timeline:

May 9- application submitted
May 31st - AOR received
Jun 28 - Background verification completed
Jun 29 - Citizenship Test invite
Jul 17 - Citizenship Test completed
Nov 30 - LPP completed
Jan 29 - Status changed to In Progress of Oath Ceremony
Jan 22 - Email received for Oath Ceremony
Jan 29 - Oath Scheduled

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2023
Hi All,

I need some help regarding GCMS notes. We are stuck at LPP since July 2023. I am planning to request GCMS notes as a next step. Does anyone know how long does it take to receive GCMS notes? Also do we request under Access to Information or Privacy Act?

Type: Online application
Application: Family of 2

Application sent: May 6th, 2023
Background Completed : June 21st, 2023
Test Completed :July 28th, 2023
LPP: In Progress
Ghost Update : October 27th, 2023

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
Hi new here.
Application Aor: May 17
Type and location: online,Pickering ON
BG: Completed on July 11
Test: Completed on July 11
Language:Completed on Sep 7
Physical: Completed on Sep 7
Prohibition: in progress
Oath: Not started.
Last update Oct 27
I ordered gcms notes. It says prohibition in progress but ot also says E grant DF.
still waiting no progress yet.

Do you have any update about your prohibition?

Sep 14, 2023
Hi All,

I need help to request GCMS notes. I submitted a request through ATIP portal and paid $5 last week. Today I received a generic email from IRCC as follows. However, I read here that I should be receiving details about my case sent by IRCC as a PDF attachment. I haven't received this and wondering what did I do wrong while submitting the GCMS request.

Appreciate any help/ advice. Thanks in advance!

"

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application to become a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship) is still in process.
At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office.
more generic links/ text.
email end.

"

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
Hi All,

I need help to request GCMS notes. I submitted a request through ATIP portal and paid $5 last week. Today I received a generic email from IRCC as follows. However, I read here that I should be receiving details about my case sent by IRCC as a PDF attachment. I haven't received this and wondering what did I do wrong while submitting the GCMS request.

Appreciate any help/ advice. Thanks in advance!

"

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application to become a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship) is still in process.
At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office.
more generic links/ text.
email end.

"
Did you send a webform before requesting gcms notes?

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Quick question - Finally after 1 year, I got a reply for my son application. They're saying to cut the PR card and send back the photo in same email. Email came.from IRCC.ClientInformation-InformationsClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

-is this a valid email.address because for my applicationI got emails.from Mississauga office but thjs is different. So making sure it's not a scam.

- Can someone confirm who applied for child and they got similar email for their child application ?

-- my son is usa citizen, and I'm traveling outside country in 4 weeks and if I cut and spend back the PR CARD copy Today. Will I get certificate back in 4 weeks ?

- And in worst case if I don't get his certifcate and passport ready in 4 weeks. Can he travel back to canada on the USA passport without having any Canadian travel document ?

Can someone help and guide me in this please?