+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

jhock

Jan 19, 2011
mine is 7 years. i had submitted paper application with a minor included
No minors for me, but we applied as a married couple. We applied online, which I've heard can take longer to process sometimes? I just called them to see if I could get any information and they say they have such a high volume of calls that it just kicked me out of the system and said I can try again later.

Elyas1

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Finally, that marathon run is over. IRCC is full of surprises. Just look at my timeline. No progress for three months after background verification and then ceremony invitation. Good luck everyone!

AOR- 15th May 2023

Test completed- 7th August

Background verification completed- 17th august

LPP still in progress

Citizenship ceremony still not started

Received email invitation to attend citizenship ceremony followed by phone call- 9th November

Oath completed-November 15, 2023

pavan23

Nov 18, 2014
Can we attend the interview from outside canada ?? Was invited to attend an interview online. *** not the oath ceremony

mk9353

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Finally, that marathon run is over. IRCC is full of surprises. Just look at my timeline. No progress for three months after background verification and then ceremony invitation. Good luck everyone!

AOR- 15th May 2023

Test completed- 7th August

Background verification completed- 17th august

LPP still in progress

Citizenship ceremony still not started

Received email invitation to attend citizenship ceremony followed by phone call- 9th November

Oath completed-November 15, 2023
Are you able to download your e-certificate?

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
I just got off the phone from IRCC and they said my application "might be non routine but I can't confirm this because it's not our mandate to discuss it". He told me to fill out the IRCC Webform to inquire about whether or not its routine or non-routine. My application was moved to the mississauga office and I can't access my GCMS notes.

Does anyone know how I can find out if my application is routine or non-routine? Did anyone else go through it and what did you do? It's been 4 months since I completed my citizenship test. I am SO frustrated with IRCC and how impossible it is to talk to the officers who manage our files.