+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Gettowork1234

Sep 12, 2019
Ha ha Thank you.
I think we all are rushed with our brain lol. CIC clearly states timeline under 17 months to complete full process. We are just in 7th month
According to the government website, the entire processing timeline has to be under 17 months, but after exam to oath has to be in 4-6 months unless non-routine.

pp24

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
This logic doesn't apply to me. I have been in Canada since 2013. Became a PR in 2021. I barely left the country (maybe 1.5 months in the last 10 years total).
Then I don't really know :( it might be a matter of luck being assigned to Sydney which is more annoying lol

Reactions: ta123

Arise2023

Oct 10, 2023
Good evening,

I am happy to announce I finally got the Test invite today and now time to put finishing touches to my reading.

Any best recommendations or study link/guide would be appreciated

Reactions: Fangfang

Gettowork1234

Sep 12, 2019
What is non routine pls?
Non Routine applications are the ones which need further scrutiny due errors made in application, detailed security checks, travel information inaccuracies in filing and/or in government records and detailed background checks with CBSA, IRCC, RCMP, CSA etc, personal information change (last name change, sex change), Residence verification, long history of unemployment etc.

TTWPBF

Mar 30, 2021
Well I got confirmation yesterday from GCMS notes about my suspicion. My application is in Sydney RC8090. I guess one day in the future sometime I’ll get a pleasant surprise. I at least have experience with this as my PR application got caught up in the whole Covid/biometrics fiasco.
Well a watched pot never boils. Got email yesterday morning with certificate instructions and portal updated with LPP this morning. LPP completed Nov 3. My end does appear near - just as I had resigned myself to a long wait. Yay!!

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Well a watched pot never boils. Got email yesterday morning with certificate instructions and portal updated with LPP this morning. LPP completed Nov 3. My end does appear near - just as I had resigned myself to a long wait. Yay!!
What was your aor date and test completion date?
And which office ?

Neyomaa

Apr 1, 2021
Hi, anyone on this thread who wrote their citizenship test outside Canada? What is the progress for you pls

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Finally done with oath ceremony. Timeline below. Office: SCR

AOR: 20 May
background completed: 20 June
Test invite: 20 June
Test taken: 14 July
Test marked complete: 17 July
LPP completed: 20 Sept
Oath email: 5 Oct (then emailed and for in person ceremony) they responded within 24 hours
In person ceremony: 3 Nov

Reactions: desmat

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Good evening,

I am happy to announce I finally got the Test invite today and now time to put finishing touches to my reading.

Any best recommendations or study link/guide would be appreciated
Good luck! I only read the citizenship guide. What really helped me remember the deets was to create a timeline of what happened per century - between 15th to 19th century. Helped me catalogue each event. :)