+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
That sucks. Have you raised a webform?
No not yet !
I called them last week though
She said you have to wait nothing they can do about it !! She also said you have 19 month processing time for it so stop calling us as it’s been only few month since I applied my application

• Sad
Reactions: IPULL

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
No not yet !
She said you have to wait nothing they can do about it !! She also said you have 19 month processing time for it so stop calling us as it’s been only few month since I applied my application
Yes. Some of them can be rude and I wonder why. Even if they are tired of people calling, there is no need to be rude. Many of them have been in our shoes and should understand with empathy.

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
Yes. Some of them can be rude and I wonder why. Even if they are tired of people calling, there is no need to be rude. Many of them have been in our shoes and should understand with empathy.
Being tired is not an excuse to be rude. it is their job and thats what they paid for. I encountered many rude IRCC agent and some of them dont know how to speak emglish fluently (I don't mean to sound rude but that's the fact),, they even lied to some informations sometimes because, you can caught them by calling twice in a day, some agent can tell different things and some agent will tell another different information too regarding your application thats why you dont know what to believed In. The information they gave you sometimes is out of the context and inconsistent. Luckily, those poeple in IRCC client support are not the officers that handles our files because if they are, we are all doomed by their laziness and rudness.

yesterday, I called them luckily I was assigned to an english lady, she was so nice, calm and helpful and all of the information she gave me is accurate from my tracker.

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Being tired is not an excuse to be rude. it is their job and thats what they paid for. I encountered many rude IRCC agent and some of them dont know how to speak emglish fluently (I don't mean to sound rude but that's the fact),, they even lied to some informations sometimes because, you can caught them by calling twice in a day, some agent can tell different things and some agent will tell another different information too regarding your application thats why you dont know what to believed In. The information they gave you sometimes is out of the context and inconsistent. Luckily, those poeple in IRCC client support are not the officers that handles our files because if they are, we are all doomed by their laziness and rudness.

yesterday, I called them luckily I was assigned to an english lady, she was so nice, calm and helpful and all of the information she gave me is accurate from my tracker.
Lol. Yes they aint the ones handling our files but i have a feeling they can put notes in your file that can affect your processing. For example if you are rude back. Lol. Or maybe IRCC don't like when people call and if they see you called, they can delay your process longer for being impatient. Hahaha. That's my paranoia thinking.

splashyygirl

Star Member
May 31, 2017

Sometimes you get some great empathetic ones. Sometimes you get those that make you go...' how did you get this job?'. It must be rough though and regardless of who I get I always thank them for their service. I do also get that there are some Karen and Kevin customers out there as well :).

Reactions: ceejay132

aabiola

Aug 24, 2018
Lol. Yes they aint the ones handling our files but i have a feeling they can put notes in your file that can affect your processing. For example if you are rude back. Lol. Or maybe IRCC don't like when people call and if they see you called, they can delay your process longer for being impatient. Hahaha. That's my paranoia thinking.
True

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
Yes, they can put notes on your file you can see it on your GCMS notes, but notes only for your application. Yes, officer can see you called them what date time and what regards to your call, because every time you call them it will be in their database every time you called. You can see your call logs by requesting GCMS Notes.

Last edited:
Reactions: ceejay132

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
Sometimes you get some great empathetic ones. Sometimes you get those that make you go...' how did you get this job?'. It must be rough though and regardless of who I get I always thank them for their service. I do also get that there are some Karen and Kevin customers out there as well :).
This is correct I even ask their name and ask how where they and even greetings. One time I experienced, I called them and a guy asked me when was the last time I called them and I said three weeks ago, and he just answered me “Oh if you call three weeks ago, I cannot give you more information regarding your application because processing time is 19 months” and thats it he hang up and didnt even bother to ask my UCI.

Imagine how hard to get in the queue and an agent just hang up on you.

• Sad
Reactions: Shiva91

trickshot555

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
No not yet !
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you hear from them soon :(

EDIT: If it makes you feel better, I've been reading pages of previous months and it seems a citizenship test request is not a major thing to get stuck on. Its usually Background Check that is the dangerous one- from the looks of it. They say it takes 2-3 months to schedule a citizenship test which is a very liberal timeline, I would expect them to take a month or two maybe?

Reactions: Shiva91

UXE OVU

Jun 21, 2023
Yes, they can put notes on your file you can see it on your GCMS notes, but notes only for your application. Yes, officer can see you called them what date time and what regards to your call, because every time you call them it will be in their database every time you called. You can see your call logs by requesting GCMS Notes.
How do you request for GCMS notes?

limitless77777

Feb 26, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
NOC C
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-15-2020
Doc's Request.
16-04-2021
AOR Received.
01-18-2021
IELTS Request
16-04-2021
Med's Request
02-18-2021
Med's Done....
upfront. Medical Passed: April 13, 2021
When did you get the notification?:wow. Congrats!
There was a GU on July 21, then on Aug 3 my tracker updated my LPP to completed on August 1st

Last edited:

limitless77777

Feb 26, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
NOC C
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-15-2020
Doc's Request.
16-04-2021
AOR Received.
01-18-2021
IELTS Request
16-04-2021
Med's Request
02-18-2021
Med's Done....
upfront. Medical Passed: April 13, 2021
@gloworgolow any new update on your application? have you received an oath invite?