+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Further Questions:
So now I have received a request to upload photograph again, I have noticed that I can edit rest of the details too.

Questions:
- I am planning to add all the details about my/Spouse's Student and H1b/H4Visa but unsure about how to fill in dates at a few places.

- For ex. My spouse's H4 1797A states the date as Sep 25, 2015 to Sept 25, 2018. But she landed in the US on Aug 22, 2015. She got Visa approval basis H4/dependent visa application and not the approval notice. Should I put Aug 22, 2015 as that technically when she was on US soil on valid status?

- For my Student Visa:
It was valid from Oct 31, 2008 to Oct 26, 2013​
Landed on US soil on Dec 22, 2007​
I got graduated in May 2011​
OPT (technically considered student, correct?) form July 7, 2011 to July 12, 2012​
Applied for H1B in april 2012.
What should be the dates for Student visa?​
- H1B began from Oct 2012 with application date in April 2012.
What should be the start date of worker status?​
I was in similar situation.They just want to know the date you got the status and the end date if it's still not valid. So basically what is written on your F1 Visa on the passport.

Reactions: chikoo1985

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Further Questions:
So now I have received a request to upload photograph again, I have noticed that I can edit rest of the details too.

Questions:
- I am planning to add all the details about my/Spouse's Student and H1b/H4Visa but unsure about how to fill in dates at a few places.

- For ex. My spouse's H4 1797A states the date as Sep 25, 2015 to Sept 25, 2018. But she landed in the US on Aug 22, 2015. She got Visa approval basis H4/dependent visa application and not the approval notice. Should I put Aug 22, 2015 as that technically when she was on US soil on valid status?

- For my Student Visa:
It was valid from Oct 31, 2008 to Oct 26, 2013​
Landed on US soil on Dec 22, 2007​
I got graduated in May 2011​
OPT (technically considered student, correct?) form July 7, 2011 to July 12, 2012​
Applied for H1B in april 2012.
What should be the dates for Student visa?​
- H1B began from Oct 2012 with application date in April 2012.
What should be the start date of worker status?​
Ideally the validity of the visa issued.... from X date to Y date.

Reactions: chikoo1985

Minister D

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
November 10, 2019, Worker
May 29, 2020 submit to extend work status.
July 10, 2020 submitted PR
August 10, 2020, eligibility for PR has been granted
August 11, 2020 submitted bridging work permit open
October 4, 2020 became PR

No decision for Work permit extension and bridging open work permit. My PR was granted first. I contacted IRCC Edmonton for these application to be withdraw as I am already PR. Nonetheless all of these application are cancelled in their data base even I did not request for withdrawal.

I am on work permit from November 10, 2019 to October 3, 2020. I Did not travelled outside Canada since I landed in 2019.

I do not know why they can not see this in their data base. They can easily run a thorough search in their system and it will trigger my records.

furthermore. I received my ATIP request from CBSA two days ago. It shows no record on file for my exit in Canada. This may help my situation. I will resubmit my application via paper.
Just a rough count it doesn’t seems you reach the time. They want 5 years worth of information. also double check your days, remember time spent on work permit is count as half day

Minister D

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
You’ve only supplied information for 3.5 years. They want FIVE years. Even if it was outside Canada. Your application is missing 18 months of information at the start of it, which will also, most likely, trigger a request for PCC.

They ask for FIVE years. Give them FIVE years. Not 3.5 as you have been.
By looking at it it doesn’t even look like he reach the 3 years physical presence. I might be wrong because I didn’t check it

Minister D

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
I think the issue is the number of days you have spent in Canada as a PR. Because the rule to becoming a citizen is to have spent 3 years out of the 5 yrs PR eligibility. So even if you have been in Canada as a worker for 4 years before you became a PR, it does not count towards your eligibility. Your eligibility starts from your PR date and you must complete 3 years. Which means by October 2023, you can apply. I think the email you are receiving is a generic email. The reason why the system let you proceed at the physical presence calculator is because you included your presence since 2019 which is over the required time frame. But when the processing officer is verifying your physical presence, they will count if from when you became a PR. I hope this is clear. But to verify, call IRCC. But this is the only reasonable reason I can think of.
They also count the time on work permit but it’s half days you get for those.

Minister D

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
To be clear. I answered the section for activity within the last five years, I even make it six years. Beside, I cannot submit the online application twice if I did mistake on the activity history within the last five year.

This has nothing to do with the activity. their issue is they cannot verify my status in Canada prior to becoming PR. which is very strange.

Yes, I submitted my confirmation of submission also a letter from IRCC edmonton, confirming that they transferred my file to Etobicoke before. I also included detailed letter of explanation to my second application. However, didnt help.

Luckily, I obtained my travel history from CBSA this week, I will send this document to them. CBSA stated in their letter "after a thorough search in our database, the "applicant" has no record on file"?
Hopefully this works. If not, I have no more information to add on, I will probably just wait until I het 1095 through my PR status in Canada.

Thanks everyone for your insights.

This is the IRCC says

Your application for Canadian citizenship is incomplete. We cannot start processing your application for the following reasons:

Physical Presence

In our records, we cannot confirm your time in Canada before you became a permanent resident (PR).

To fix this issue

• double-check the information in your
    immigration documents
  • update or correct your physical presence
    calculation where applicable
  • click on the "Calculate my physical
You don’t reach the 3 years time to apply. Even though on paper it looks like you reach it but time spent on work permit are counted as half days. So sit down and check it over.

james brown 123

Apr 21, 2021
For those who have gotten the AOR, were you guys able to create an account on the tracker? I keep getting an incorrect or invalid information entered.

IPULL

May 30, 2023
One more question, how do I know which office is processing my application? Is it random or by region?

james brown 123

Apr 21, 2021
I was able after a day or two, they've emailed me a code.
Great thanks. I’ll give another day.
By The way, I saw like two people in March 2023 already waiting for the Oath ceremony. Apparently, the Vancouver office is way ahead of everyone else.