+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
November 10, 2019, Worker
May 29, 2020 submit to extend work status.
July 10, 2020 submitted PR
August 10, 2020, eligibility for PR has been granted
August 11, 2020 submitted bridging work permit open
October 4, 2020 became PR

No decision for Work permit extension and bridging open work permit. My PR was granted first. I contacted IRCC Edmonton for these application to be withdraw as I am already PR. Nonetheless all of these application are cancelled in their data base even I did not request for withdrawal.

I am on work permit from November 10, 2019 to October 3, 2020. I Did not travelled outside Canada since I landed in 2019.

I do not know why they can not see this in their data base. They can easily run a thorough search in their system and it will trigger my records.

furthermore. I received my ATIP request from CBSA two days ago. It shows no record on file for my exit in Canada. This may help my situation. I will resubmit my application via paper.
You’ve only supplied information for 3.5 years. They want FIVE years. Even if it was outside Canada. Your application is missing 18 months of information at the start of it, which will also, most likely, trigger a request for PCC.

They ask for FIVE years. Give them FIVE years. Not 3.5 as you have been.

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
You’ve only supplied information for 3.5 years. They want FIVE years. Even if it was outside Canada. Your application is missing 18 months of information at the start of it, which will also, most likely, trigger a request for PCC.

They ask for FIVE years. Give them FIVE years. Not 3.5 as you have been.
I do not understand. This is about Physical Presence not activity within the last five years. I submitted PCC.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I do not understand. This is about Physical Presence not activity within the last five years. I submitted PCC.
If you have confirmation letter that you submitted while you were on implied status or confirmation of submission for work permit include that with your application. Include copy of your visit record from CBSA with letter of explanation.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
June 2,, 2018, to November 9, 2019 somewhere else in the world
November 10, 2019 to October something 2020 temporary foreign worker
October something to June 2 2023 Permanent resident.

If you can’t figure it out, CALL IRCC (you can quite easily Google their number). Or hire an immigration lawyer.

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
Incorrect. As part of your Physical Presence, they want to know ALL ACTIVITY 5 years prior to the date of your citizenship application, go through the Citizenship Application Guide.
To be clear. I answered the section for activity within the last five years, I even make it six years. Beside, I cannot submit the online application twice if I did mistake on the activity history within the last five year.

This has nothing to do with the activity. their issue is they cannot verify my status in Canada prior to becoming PR. which is very strange.
If you have confirmation letter that you submitted while you were on implied status or confirmation of submission for work permit include that with your application. Include copy of your visit record from CBSA with letter of explanation.

Yes, I submitted my confirmation of submission also a letter from IRCC edmonton, confirming that they transferred my file to Etobicoke before. I also included detailed letter of explanation to my second application. However, didnt help.

Luckily, I obtained my travel history from CBSA this week, I will send this document to them. CBSA stated in their letter "after a thorough search in our database, the "applicant" has no record on file"?
Hopefully this works. If not, I have no more information to add on, I will probably just wait until I het 1095 through my PR status in Canada.

Thanks everyone for your insights.

This is the IRCC says

Your application for Canadian citizenship is incomplete. We cannot start processing your application for the following reasons:

Physical Presence

In our records, we cannot confirm your time in Canada before you became a permanent resident (PR).

To fix this issue

• double-check the information in your
    immigration documents
  • update or correct your physical presence
    calculation where applicable
  • click on the "Calculate my physical

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
To be clear. I answered the section for activity within the last five years, I even make it six years. Beside, I cannot submit the online application twice if I did mistake on the activity history within the last five year.

This has nothing to do with the activity. their issue is they cannot verify my status in Canada prior to becoming PR. which is very strange.

Yes, I submitted my confirmation of submission also a letter from IRCC edmonton, confirming that they transferred my file to Etobicoke before. I also included detailed letter of explanation to my second application. However, didnt help.

Luckily, I obtained my travel history from CBSA this week, I will send this document to them. CBSA stated in their letter "after a thorough search in our database, the "applicant" has no record on file"?
Hopefully this works. If not, I have no more information to add on, I will probably just wait until I het 1095 through my PR status in Canada.

Thanks everyone for your insights.

This is the IRCC says

Your application for Canadian citizenship is incomplete. We cannot start processing your application for the following reasons:

Physical Presence

In our records, we cannot confirm your time in Canada before you became a permanent resident (PR).

To fix this issue

• double-check the information in your
    immigration documents
  • update or correct your physical presence
    calculation where applicable
  • click on the "Calculate my physical
Make sure you’ve calculated your days properly. Or wait until you have 3 years as PR.