+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

jaskaran90

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
They ask for what they need, if they need it. Fingerprints are used to differentiate between those who may have the same name as someone with the same, or similar, name.

PCC are generally asked for if you’ve spent a significant time abroad, and for the country in question. They don’t need a PCC from Canada as they have access to search all Canadian criminal records.
FPs are random, not tied to ppl with same name. It is also asked randomly for people where CSIS and IRCC has purged sensitive data, and need to re-run checks

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
FPs are random, not tied to ppl with same name. It is also asked randomly for people where CSIS and IRCC has purged sensitive data, and need to re-run checks
Canadian visa officers use biometrics to confirm your identity. Biometrics also helps to:

make it more difficult for someone to forge, steal or use your identity,
resolve problems or errors that may happen if your name, date of birth and/or place of birth are similar to those of someone else, and
confirm your identity the next time you apply, so it is easier for you to re-enter Canada.

Source:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=703&top=19

Granted that it doesn’t specifically mention citizenship applications on this particular page, however, I’m sure that we can expect that all of those reasons apply.

hash2019

Jul 3, 2019
Please add my details to the tracker as well:
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1096
Application: Single
Application sent: 2023-05-24
AOR:

Also, quick question: I moved to Canada on a PR in 2020 Feb. I checked with an immigration consultant at the Toronto Public Library about submitting the PCC, and she said No (she said you already submitted the PCC when you applied for the PR). Is a PCC required in my case? If yes, how can I submit it now?
for the PCC , those who submit during immigration and has not travelled outside for 6 months or more to any other country post PR does not require the PCC.
if IRCC required, they may ask it later.
check Q#10 in the below link/
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Reactions: rupinderss

hash2019

Jul 3, 2019
Please add my details to the tracker as well:
Physical Presence Days: 1107
Application sent: 2023-05-25
AOR :

Reactions: theworldstraveler77

s_m_e_m

Jun 20, 2017
Please add my details to the tracker:

Physical Presence Days: 1100
Application sent: 2023-05-04
Delivered: 2023-05-04
My details havent been added to the tracker yet, can you please add them?

theworldstraveler77

Jan 29, 2023
hi @Shiva91 can you also add my details in the tracker please? thank you so much.

Physical Presence Days: 1097
Application sent: 2023-05-21
AOR :

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi All...I am starting my citizenship application process and have a question regarding the language proof..my wife did her Graduation and Post Graduation from India and the certificates are in English but in her certificate it's not specifically mentioned that these programs were in English...can we still use these as the language proof?...please share your experience...thanks

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Now family with kids are allowed
@forw.jane Add my file details to may tracker please?

Type: Online Application
Physical Presence : 1108
Application : Adult and minor
Application Sent : 18 May 2023 Thursday
Delivered : 18 May 2023 Thursday
AOR : ......

Reactions: forw.jane