Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
I don't think you should worry about anything till you reach 6 months SLA :)
Hate to say it bud, but IRCC won't really care as long as it's still within the 26 month processing time for FSW

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
I think even MEP times are different for applicants from different streams, for instance PNP outland usually has slower MEP(e.g. me AOR 28th Apr, still no MEP).
Sometimes I feel like the forum is just giving me more anxiety:D
Nov AOR here and still no MEP ;)

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
I was reading there is an ongoing acute medical staff shortage in Calgary - wonder if your Physician submitted your medicals yet :D
IRCC are now using my existing medicals with the extension now lol. So hopefully they re-assess that before the new ones get submitted so there isn't multiple documents and more delays.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

SayeeRaina0503

Star Member
May 15, 2023
FSW Inland:

ITA - 23-Mar-23
Application Submission - 06-May-23
AOR - 06-May-23
Biometrics Update - 16-May-23
Medicals - Still Waiting (Exempt as per the exception from Govt for Inland Applicants)

Will it be Medicals next? will it happen in an order or it could be anything?

crunchyfrappe8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
About reduced complexity post eligibility, you also have background check too. Not to mention the case officer working on your application adds another dimension to it. So, very hard to say what's truly resulting into processing times.
I didn't get you. What I was trying to say is, the complexity of the application will matter after they start reviewing the eligibility, right? My trouble was, if my AoR date was before someon and I submitted my biometrics before that person, my eligibility review should at least start at the same time as them? Which is obviously not the case. Please enlighten me how that's not frustrating. Because I've seen March and April threads where people are getting their PPRs while some are still strand d on eligibility not started. It sucks that when things stop making sense, people pin it on sheer dumb luck.

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
My trouble was, if my AoR date was before someon and I submitted my biometrics before that person, my eligibility review should at least start at the same time as them? Which is obviously not the case.
First of all, it's important to note that unless you've contacted IRCC or obtained GCMS notes, it's difficult to determine if your eligibility has begun. GCkey and tracker isn't always going to reflect the truth (unless they say "completed").

Secondly, I completely understand why you're concerned for your eligibility assessment to start or be completed. Your concern about the NOC you claimed during the HCP is valid. However, I want to assure you that unless you misrepresented yourself in some way, it should not be an issue. In the worst case scenario, if a case officer has doubts about your NOC code, they may request further information (PFL) from you, to which you can respond accordingly.

Thirdly, it's important not to compare your application processing time with that of others. IRCC's processing procedures are not always transparent, and it's something we have to accept. However, if your application is being processed within the expected service level agreements of less than 6 months, we have no grounds for complaint. FWIW, it's possible that IRCC is internally testing pilot "fast track systems" to process certain applications and only enrolling a percentage of applicants in that pilot program - there's no way for us to know anything. We should be grateful that some applications are being processed more quickly, even if not all are included. It's not productive to feel jealous or wonder, "Why them and not me?" because IRCC did not explicitly set such expectations from the beginning due to the 6-month SLA.

Please enlighten me how that's not frustrating.
It's important to keep in mind that there's no reason to expect a guarantee that your application will be processed any faster than 6 months. However, if by chance they do manage to process it more quickly, it would be a reason for all of us to celebrate. On the other hand, if they stick to the 6-month timeframe, that's perfectly alright too. The key is to remain patient throughout the process. Else, you'll go through fatigue and stress for no reason.

Because I've seen March and April threads where people are getting their PPRs while some are still strand d on eligibility not started. It sucks that when things stop making sense, people pin it on sheer dumb luck.
Even the January applicants haven't reached the 6-month service level agreement (SLA) yet, but it's reassuring to see positive updates from the March and April threads. As long as IRCC is able to process 80% of all applicants within the expected timeframe of 6 months, there's really no reason to feel frustrated or discouraged.

Instead of dwelling on thoughts like "why not me?", it is better to celebrate the success of others who receive their PPRs. That creates a supportive and uplifting community.

Remember, at the end applicants are different, the people responsible for handling their application are different.

MapleBoy01

May 26, 2023
EE:FSW-O
ITA: March 29
Medical Tests: April 1
AOR: May6
MP/BIL: May 15
BIO Completed: May 22
BIO linked: May 24

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tokelola

MapleBoy01

May 26, 2023
So I see in the Application Status Tracker today that Eligibility is Completed. That makes two sections Completed for me - the other being Medical Exam. What does this mean in terms of my application's progress towards PPR? Is my COPR now only contingent upon a successful background verification?

Reactions: Miracle2018

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
So I see in the Application Status Tracker today that Eligibility is Completed. That makes two sections Completed for me - the other being Medical Exam. What does this mean in terms of my application's progress towards PPR? Is my COPR now only contingent upon a successful background verification?
Yes, all you now need to wait for is your Background check to be over. Is your background check in progress too? Sometimes, they just finish it in a day or a week as well.

Also, with your eligibility pass: you are A11.2 pass and the officer is convinced of the documents you submitted: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Reactions: MapleBoy01