+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Outland and Inland - Paper/Online

hparikh11

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Planning on having my husband visit me for the rest of our application, we'd be flying in together. Did you just state your wife was visiting or did you tell them you'd be waiting for the rest of the process?
We applied for extension mentioning that she will be staying with me while application is processed.

Reactions: lenuxii

lp89

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
25-05-2022
Hi, for those whose spouse is already in country while receiving PPR, below is the process that I followed.

• 30 Jan 2023 - Received PPR/Passport request on 30 Jan 2023
  • 31 Jan 2023 - Notified IRCC via webform to arrange virtual landing as the spouse is already in Canada.
  • 8 Feb 2023 - Received email from IRCC PR portal to confirm few details for virtual landing and we replied on the same day.
  • 9 Feb 2023 - Received invite to upload digital picture and confirm Canadian address on the PR portal.
Now waiting for the CoPR to become available on the portal so we can download it and apply for the physical PR card.

Hope the above information is helpful :)

Reactions: jm101 and RemiPuppy

aslashath

Feb 24, 2018
Some people receive pre-arrival before even getting bio/medical done. Some people don't get it at all through out the entire process. Some people don't get it but get PPR instead.

Pre-arrival doesn't really guarantee that the application is passed some people can get it and still get rejected, it's just a piece of paper. I think it fully depends on the officer working on your case.

If you applied online you can link your GCKey account to your application by creating a GCKey account and answering the questionnaires about your application. Keep in mind that only 1 person can link to GCKey so if you have a representative you won't be able to link it again since they've already linked.
Thank you very much..that really helps
If eligibility/background etc.. is showing complete, does it mean that the application is complete now?

RemiPuppy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Something must be finally happening with our application, received a ghost update randomly yesterday and another today. No changes seen, maybe they're actually looking at it now XD Fingers crossed

jm101

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-02-2021
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2021
LANDED..........
24-08-2021
Something must be finally happening with our application, received a ghost update randomly yesterday and another today. No changes seen, maybe they're actually looking at it now XD Fingers crossed
Got same ghost updates too. But no new changes. Hopefully they’re working behind the scenes

jm101

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-02-2021
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2021
LANDED..........
24-08-2021
Could you please let me know where did you see the ghost updates?
In the CIC portal or the status tracker? Thanks.
It’s in the tracker > The Date updated.

terrycavisa

Jan 4, 2023
Got my CBSA Notes and shows I'm being Security Screening directly after Eligibly passed. Can someone please tell me how long it would take? Thanks.

lp89

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
25-05-2022
Hello everyone, we finally received the CoPR on Saturday. Thank you for your replies in this thread and all the best with everything.

lenuxii

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
Just want to say congratulations to you and your spouse. You've been through a lot. I hope you guys spend some time to celebrate :)
Hello everyone, we finally received the CoPR on Saturday. Thank you for your replies in this thread and all the best with everything.

Dan90’s

May 2, 2018
Received pre-arrival letter this morning. May 5, 2022 outbound applicant. Eligibility still in progress and background verification not started. Hopefully this is a good sign towards PPR & COPR

Reactions: lenuxii and jm101