+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Outland and Inland - Paper/Online

CANuser99

Jan 16, 2023
Wait, you got a receipt acknowledge for the extra fee? We got a note back in September and I paid it immediately over the phone with them, but we never got any acknowledge that it was paid >.< How should I contact them about it? Last update we got from contacting our MP was we are in the "CoPR virtual landing queue". CPC Mississauga

Congratulations though!
When I say acknowledgement, I already had the payment receipt for extra $30 which I sent them using webform back in August. Got an email from IRCC agent on Nov7th saying that "we have received your payment details bla bla bla and have added them to your file".

Reactions: RemiPuppy

RD12

May 1, 2021
My wife's application has also not received any ghost updates since 30 November, even though she got her visitor visa approved and stamped in December. She is right now in Canada and planning to wait till end of Jan before applying for the notes.
Hey , when did you apply for visitor visa ?

CANuser99

Jan 16, 2023
My wife got get Visitor visa approved as well. Got letter to submit passport. This is amazing..
Jan16 - got passport request for Spouse PR
Jan18 - got passport request for Spouse Visitor visa.

Reactions: ashish_india-canada

Cheema07ajashan

Apr 15, 2021
My wife got get Visitor visa approved as well. Got letter to submit passport. This is amazing..
Jan16 - got passport request for Spouse PR
Jan18 - got passport request for Spouse Visitor visa.
Wow must be nice. Here we are with a refused visitor visa and no updates!

lp89

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
25-05-2022
Hey, I see that you applied for visitor visa after receiving your sponsor approval. Do you recommend applying for visitor visa right after submitting the spouse sponsorship application?
I waited for at least a month to apply visitor visa after receiving the sponsorship approval, because I had read online that many people gets rejection. So it was just a wise calculated move for me. If you can wait then I recommend to wait but as you know, there are no guarantees ! it all depends on the officer who gets your file. Good luck

Reactions: PrivateComstock

Brizraj

Star Member
Aug 17, 2022
Hi everyone,
This group helped me in so many ways, thank you for that...
My spousal application for my wife has been approved
Applied on May 7 & received passport after stamping on Jan 18th.
Full timeline is in bio.
Again it has been great support and best of luck to everyone who are waiting as it looks everyone will get their applications approved soon.
Let me know if i can help in any way or any questions.

CANuser99

Jan 16, 2023
Wow must be nice. Here we are with a refused visitor visa and no updates!
We have sent her passport for CoPR and then got letter saying to submit passport for Visitor. I believe, for CoPR they will send her passport with a single entry visa and CoPR letter. I am thinking of sending passport again for visitor visa as well (my reasoning- it's good to have a multiple entry visit Visa in passport, as it adds credibility when you apply for visitor for other countries). What do you folks suggest ?

lp89

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
25-05-2022
We have sent her passport for CoPR and then got letter saying to submit passport for Visitor. I believe, for CoPR they will send her passport with a single entry visa and CoPR letter. I am thinking of sending passport again for visitor visa as well (my reasoning- it's good to have a multiple entry visit Visa in passport, as it adds credibility when you apply for visitor for other countries). What do you folks suggest ?
Having Canadian PR adds enough credibility for getting visitor visa for another country :)

Bhavin1995

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
One question guys…

I applied for my wife’s spousal sponsorship outside canada in May, also applied for visitor visa in July. She received visitor visa in December and she is in Canada now. Received pre-arrival on Jan 17.

Do we need to change address in PR application? (I am worried that they might send passport request although she is already in Canada)

If yes how to change it? Webform takes longer time.

Really appreciate anyone’s help here.

Brizraj

Star Member
Aug 17, 2022
Finally! We got the Pre arrival letter today. What is the timeline for Ottawa visa office for passport request after the pre arrival? BTW we applied on May 7,2022, outland online.
Happy for you..
And you will receive PPR in a week as mine was Ottawa as well and received pre arrival on 25th dec and PPR on 29th dec.

Brizraj

Star Member
Aug 17, 2022
Can someone guide me about landing and pr card process after your spousal application has been approved.
Thanks