+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Outland and Inland - Paper/Online

iJass

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
British Columbia
Did you called them? Maybe try that. I applied Online outland May 24th and AOR, SA, MIL, BIL received so far. When I called them early last month, I found out that they were missing my payment receipt so I gave them my receipt number and everything started after that.
No I did not
I will try to call them today.
Thank you

iJass

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
British Columbia
Did you called them? Maybe try that. I applied Online outland May 24th and AOR, SA, MIL, BIL received so far. When I called them early last month, I found out that they were missing my payment receipt so I gave them my receipt number and everything started after that.
May 25 submission online. I also didn't receive SA/Bio/Med yet. This wait is so annoying.
I called them and all I got is temporary file number which she said doesn’t mean anything other than a confirmation that they have received the file.
I asked her which processing centre is it in and obviously it’s the slowest one Sydney, NS.
I remember when i did my express entry they took 9 months. So I know I’ve gotta be patient now.

Rhea Jose

Mar 15, 2020
Hi, Has anyone applied for OWP after receiving their AOR on online inland PR application? I would like to know which options you selected in the questionnaire to receive the right checklist in GCkey as the CIC website says that you need form IMM 5707 but I am getting IMM 5257 instead.

Also can we apply for OWP while on implied status? I applied for a visitor record before my status expired and it is still processing.

Thank you.

Cheema07ajashan

Apr 15, 2021
Hello, how long is it taking CPC ottawa to finalize eligibility and background check recently? Eligibility started on sept 1 and no update on tracker since then.
applied may 07,2022.
Aor Aug 17

Reactions: Brizraj

Fadiya

Sep 11, 2022
Hello,

I am a May 2022 outland paper applicant (im the Sponsor). Already recieved sponsor approval, bio and medical request. Bio was submitted august 3 and medical exams august 27. Now, waiting for medical review and next steps. Has anyone here recieved next step after medical results yet?.

Reactions: comarxx

potatochips

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
What does the pre arrival letter look like? Received an email today reminding about the Medical at the payment for the Right of Permanent Residence fee.
Medical was completed at portal on Sep 8
Fees paid when we submitted June 6

lp89

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
25-05-2022
Medical Exam status changed to 'Completed' on 12 September. Eligibility and Background check still shows as 'Not Started'

Submitted : 13 March 2022
Application Returned : 14 May 2022
Re-Submitted : 25 May 2022
Sponsorship Approval : 31 August 2022
Medical Request: 1 September 2022
Biometrics Request: 1 September 2022
AOR: 1 September 2022
Medical Exam attended : 3 September 2022
Biometrics attended : 6 September 2022
Biometrics status changed to 'Received': 8 September 2022
Medical Exam status changed to 'Completed' : 12 September 2022

harmandhillon

Oct 23, 2012
timeline
inland online application
applied 24 may 2022
aor 1 aug
med req 3 aug
biometric req 4 aug
med and biometri done 5 aug
spousal approval 12 sep

now just waiting

Reactions: Sukhjiwan

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
Medical Exam status changed to 'Completed' on 12 September. Eligibility and Background check still shows as 'Not Started'

Submitted : 13 March 2022
Application Returned : 14 May 2022
Re-Submitted : 25 May 2022
Sponsorship Approval : 31 August 2022
Medical Request: 1 September 2022
Biometrics Request: 1 September 2022
AOR: 1 September 2022
Medical Exam attended : 3 September 2022
Biometrics attended : 6 September 2022
Biometrics status changed to 'Received': 8 September 2022
Medical Exam status changed to 'Completed' : 12 September 2022
Hi
it takes time to start eligibility once IRCC feels the case is a bit complex from the principal applicant's side. My medical is updated to completed on Aug 26, and there is no update since then.. although in my case SA is not even approved bcoz my sponsor hasn't gotten any email regarding SA, Eligibility and Background check is not yet started on the principal applicant's portal. I and my sponsor both are divorced and that consider a complex case for IRCC to process thus it's getting delayed, I guess.

but I'm hopeful your eligibility and BC will be started soon. Good Luck!

I'm just waiting as well ... I submitted my file online for the spouse sponsorship family class on June 9, and received AOR+BIL+MR on Aug 4.
VO is CPC Mississauga

Does anyone have an idea how long it takes for CPC Mississauga to process the case?
I would appreciate it if anyone would like to shed some light on this.
Thanks

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
Hello,

I am a May 2022 outland paper applicant (im the Sponsor). Already recieved sponsor approval, bio and medical request. Bio was submitted august 3 and medical exams august 27. Now, waiting for medical review and next steps. Has anyone here recieved next step after medical results yet?.
Hi
Hope your medical exam will be passed and updated in a few days. Once PP submitted your medical reports to E-medical, it usually takes 2-3 days to upload on the portal, Maximum 10 days!

After medical has passed. The next step is eligibility and background checks for the principal applicant. Then you" ll receive a pre-arrival letter from IRCC, then CoPR and PPR after then. Sometimes it takes 3-4 months to complete this process after eligibility and background check, but time varies depending on the VO. it may take 3 months or maybe less than that.

Can you please share what VO u get for your visa process?

totalbatman

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
For my wife,

I called IRCC for an update to the file.
They were able to provide me the Application No. for the file but there is no AOR received yet. On PR tracker , the file sits at Received.

Application Received date: May 27, 2022 (Online)
No update after that