+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Outland and Inland - Paper/Online

Fadiya

Sep 11, 2022
Hello, i am a May 2022 applicant. Already received : AOR, Sponsor approval, medicals, biometrics request. Medicals and biometrics have been completed already. Recieved pre arrival services letter on Sep 1 but background status says "not started" yet. Is anyone in the same situation please ?. Thanks

Fadiya

Sep 11, 2022
Hello, i am a May 2022 applicant. Already received : AOR, Sponsor approval, medicals, biometrics request. Medicals and biometrics have been completed already. Recieved pre arrival services letter on Sep 1 but background status says "not started" yet. Is anyone in the same situation please ?. Thanks

lp89

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
25-05-2022
Thats strange but good news :) was it an outland application? and which visa office?

Fadiya

Sep 11, 2022
Thats strange but good news :) was it an outland application? and which visa office?
Yes, it is an outland application. My visa office is in Dakar (Senegal). I read that some people get passport request soon enough after pre arrival services but with background check not started, im a confused.

lp89

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
25-05-2022
Yes, it is an outland application. My visa office is in Dakar (Senegal). I read that some people get passport request soon enough after pre arrival services but with background check not started, im a confused.
According to the IRCC website.. it means that the applicant has passed the eligibility and PR will be issued anytime soon (as soon as the background check is clear) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/new-life-canada/pre-arrival-services.html

Sometimes background check can take longer then eligibility check.. so you should be anticipating passport request very soon :) congratulations.

Fadiya

Sep 11, 2022
According to the IRCC website.. it means that the applicant has passed the eligibility and PR will be issued anytime soon (as soon as the background check is clear) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/new-life-canada/pre-arrival-services.html

Sometimes background check can take longer then eligibility check.. so you should be anticipating passport request very soon :) congratulations.
Crossing fingers thank you for your time and response.

Cheema07ajashan

Apr 15, 2021
Got a ghost update on pr tracker today after 15 days of silence. Nothing changed and eligibility still in progress and BC not started yet. I wonder what these ghost updates mean?

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
Hope so!!! Can't even link my OWP yet!
Why is that so? go to the GC key account and get your application linked from there.
you'll be asked a few questions and there are different methods to register your account if one doesn't work go with another method. you have a chance to try 5 times with different methods to link your application.

Methods to register your account would be ... UCI & APP NO. / UCI & last name / UCI & PASSPORT# etc.
UCI & Passport# Or Last Name & Passort# usually works with some applicants

Brizraj

Star Member
Aug 17, 2022
That's fantastic as i am also May application, online outland. Can you share your timeline if you don't mind. In my case eligibility is in process yet to receive pre arrival.
Thanks

jm101

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-02-2021
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2021
LANDED..........
24-08-2021
Still awaiting for medical request after BIL & SA (aug 15-16) London Visa seems to be really slow. Anyone’s file transferred to that office as well?

Fadiya

Sep 11, 2022
That's fantastic as i am also May application, online outland. Can you share your timeline if you don't mind. In my case eligibility is in process yet to receive pre arrival.
Thanks
Hi, here is my time-line:
May 6 : Application submission
July 15: AOR
July 27: Sponsor Approval
July 27: Medical request
July 27: biometrics request
August 3: biometrics submitted
August 22: medicals done
August 27: mddicals submitted by physician clinic
August 30: medicals completed (status in tracker)
September 1: pre arrival-services email
September 1: eligibility completed
September 16: background check still says "not started"

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
Still awaiting for medical request after BIL & SA (aug 15-16) London Visa seems to be really slow. Anyone’s file transferred to that office as well?
You'll most likely receive a medical request in a few days. It's not about being slow when it comes to the London office. Most of the VO's are slow including Missisuage, Mexico except a few like Ottawa etc.

jm101

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-02-2021
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2021
LANDED..........
24-08-2021
You'll most likely receive a medical request in a few days. It's not about being slow when it comes to the London office. Most of the VO's are slow including Missisuage, Mexico except a few like Ottawa etc.
I hope so been seeing the tracker (last updated date) changed but nothing so far.