+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 - Citizenship Applications

esquire75

Jul 7, 2015
Toronto
My test was completed on March 6,2023 and LPP was completed on May 12,2023. Still no update for the oath ceremony. It's a bit frustrating because I am seeing people with AOR late 2022 and 2023 already getting their oath ceremony. Anyone in the same boat? Should I contact them? My office is Scaborough.

ssah6154

Jun 25, 2019
Morning peeps!

I had a “ghost update” today the previous details showing as “new update” .Do you have the same thing? Or have you seen that before?

thanks!
HI,

Anything new after the ghost update? Did any of your pending items eventually turn greed? I have an updated date on my application, but no new entry in the update list.

XMercado

Jun 14, 2017
HI,

Anything new after the ghost update? Did any of your pending items eventually turn greed? I have an updated date on my application, but no new entry in the update list.
Nothing so far, I assume it has to do with the officer requesting more info ( they asked me info about a couple of trips). Let's wait and hope they don't keep us in the loop for several months lol

ssah6154

Jun 25, 2019
Nothing so far, I assume it has to do with the officer requesting more info ( they asked me info about a couple of trips). Let's wait and hope they don't keep us in the loop for several months lol
PP just turned green today. was not a ghost update after all!!!

ssah6154

Jun 25, 2019
a question, will the oath ceremony be scheduled while the application status is "in progress" or once it turns into "decision made"?

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Is anyone here still waiting after a last update to their application on March 2 2023? I submitted my application in May 2022 and have test and background as completed but LPP in progress.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Is anyone here still waiting after a last update to their application on March 2 2023? I submitted my application in May 2022 and have test and background as completed but LPP in progress.
yep many of us. I am an April 22 applicant. March 2 I think was when our files were flushed down the RC 8090 toilet.

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
yep many of us. I am an April 22 applicant. March 2 I think was when our files were flushed down the RC 8090 toilet.
Lol not sure what to expect tbh. It is frustrating. I wouldn't be so worried if there isn't travel plans and my PR card has expired. I also applied for renewal which I have heard nothing from..

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Lol not sure what to expect tbh. It is frustrating. I wouldn't be so worried if there isn't travel plans and my PR card has expired. I also applied for renewal which I have heard nothing from..
IRCC is as opaque as it gets unfortunately. busy getting in millions while shafting thousands of us.

Nono16

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Hey everyone. Finally at the end of my process (did my oath yesterday). Thank you for the support over the many months from PR to Citizenship. I'll post my timeline below .

Ps: During the virtual oath ceremony, you'll be asked by the clerk if you opted for e-certificate. If you say yes, they'll send you an email with instructions for a new portal access after the ceremony (if you haven't already received it). You sign up, and in 24hrs or more your certificate will be ready for download( but you must submit the oath signatures as soon as the oath is over via email to them).

Nono16

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Hey everyone. Finally at the end of my process (did my oath yesterday). Thank you for the support over the many months from PR to Citizenship. I'll post my timeline below .

Ps: During the virtual oath ceremony, you'll be asked by the clerk if you opted for e-certificate. If you say yes, they'll send you an email with instructions for a new portal access after the ceremony (if you haven't already received it). You sign up, and in 24hrs or more your certificate will be ready for download( but you must submit the oath signatures as soon as the oath is over via email to them).

Application TypeCitizenship - Online | Single | Vancouver Office
LocationSaskatoon
Application DatesSent: May 31 2022 | AoR: Jun 03, 2022
BG CompletedNov 28, 2022
Citizenship Test DatesInvite: Nov 28, 2022 | Window: Dec 5 - 19, 2022 | Test Date: Dec 5, 2022 | Test Completed: Dec 13, 2022
Language, Physical Presence & ProhibitionsCompleted on Feb 7, 2023 | updated on Feb 8, 2023
Oath letter receivedJune 20, 2023
Oath CeremonyJuly 19, 2023 (virtual oath ceremony).
E-Certificate received: July 20, 2023

Reactions: may2019