+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Nono16

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Montréal processing office. Problem is I applied online but didn't get a rejection via email. The posting doesn't specifically say you need Canadian citizenship. It was the recruiter who told me the requirements when I spoke to her on the phone.
Oh I see. That's gonna be tough to prove. I'm unsure how you'll go about that. I just did a Google search and PR holders are eligible to apply.

Nono16

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Even if you check the oath completion of 2022 months in Google sheet, May is the odd month with only 41% completion whereas later months are all 50+%
So strange. I hope there's an IRCC survey at the end of this whole process. It'll be great to give our feedback on the process, the correspondence, and the duration.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Even if you check the oath completion of 2022 months in Google sheet, May is the odd month with only 41% completion whereas later months are all 50+%
MAY be they decided to screw May applicants over. LOL. jokes aside, my educated theory is that they have a service standard. Their AI picks the most 'easy' applications and processes them. Then the rest is a slow trickle.

joolery

Aug 13, 2014
Calgary
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-11-2014
Med's Request
12-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
Decision Made - 29-02-2016 (Visa Exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
18-03-2016

superk001

Star Member
Dec 23, 2022
MAY be they decided to screw May applicants over. LOL. jokes aside, my educated theory is that they have a service standard. Their AI picks the most 'easy' applications and processes them. Then the rest is a slow trickle.
If this is true then it’s so not fair. But how they define an “easy” application tho? I think mine is pretty straightforward, only been out of Canada for 14days for vacation

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi All...I just started my online application for citizenship..I also invited my wife through my account so that we can apply together...my wife received an email with option to accept or deny this invitation but when she clicks on the link it just takes her to a login page...this page has no option to accept/decline/create new account...could you please guide me on the next steps so that my wife can accept the invite and we can create and submit our applications together..thanks for your help in advance..

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
If this is true then it’s so not fair. But how they define an “easy” application tho? I think mine is pretty straightforward, only been out of Canada for 14days for vacation
we don't how the AI works. Mine's a simple application. I wrote my test from outside Canada, but that doesn't mean I am non-routine. I don't have a single driving ticket, any criminal record nothing.

zzzningyi

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
AOR: May 30, 2022
Method: Online
Background verification completed: November 22, 2022
Test Invitation: March 3, 2023
Test marked as completed: March 13, 2023
LPP: May 19, 2023
Ceremony scheduled on July 12th, 2023

How long normally it takes to receive the office invitation through email?

zzzningyi

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
I apologize for another question... I plan to update my personal signature when I update my driver license in two months. My oath ceremony will happen way before I can receive the new driver license. Could I sign the affirmation form after the ceremony with my new signature, or it has to look exactly the same as the one on my current driver license?

Nono16

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Drum rolls. Vancouver office peeps... we have an update!!!

I woke up this morning to see that my oath ceremony has been scheduled for July 13th, after 4months+ of completing LPP.

Vancouver guys, log in and check your account for updates.

Reactions: cjas

XMercado

Jun 14, 2017
Drum rolls. Vancouver office peeps... we have an update!!!

I woke up this morning to see that my oath ceremony has been scheduled for July 13th, after 4months+ of completing LPP.

Vancouver guys, log in and check your account for updates.
No changes for me, but congratulations on your oath being scheduled! That gives me a little hope that the only person working on our cases in Vancouver office came back from their 4 month vacation lol

Nono16

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
No changes for me, but congratulations on your oath being scheduled! That gives me a little hope that the only person working on our cases in Vancouver office came back from their 4 month vacation lol
So much truth in this comment, hahaha. I had sent them a detailed email 2days ago asking them for updates on my application. They never replied, but maybe it prompted them to do something. Would you consider sending them an email too ?