+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 - Citizenship Applications

yagokoro

Apr 20, 2023
Hello guys, I just received my certificate (paper) yesterday and it's only been three days after my ceremony, and I didn't even request an urgent! I guess the Scarborough Office has been very efficient recently. Anyway, my journey has come to an end. Thank you very much for your sharing and helping all the time, wish you all the best!

My timeline:
Application: Online (Single)
Processing Office: Scarborough
AOR: May 3, 2022
BG completed: Nov 3, 2022
Test invite: Nov 24, 2022
Test Taken: Dec 2, 2022
Test Completed: Dec 5, 2022
Language, Prohibitions, and Physical Presence: Apr 17, 2023
Ceremony Scheduled: May 4, 2023
Citizenship Ceremony: June 12, 2023
Certificate Received: June 15, 2023

PS: Just applied for a passport today in downtown Toronto's passport office, waited for 2 hours but it wasn't that bad after all.

vakatendeka

Feb 13, 2017
You are all better than us. It's been almost 7 months since test completed and nothing since then. Sent a web form, they didn't reply. Called and agent l spoke to was nice but told me to be patient and wait for next stage of oath but nothing since that call... The call was about a week and half ago. This is just so exhausting....
After 8 full months after test was completed LPP is finally completed. For those that are still waiting, l know it's absolutely annoying but for what it's worth it looks like it will eventually be done.
Test completed 27 September 2022
LPP completed 27 May 2023 (didn't check until today ha ha .......l was annoyed, tired, frustrated so l stopped checking)
Citizenship ceremony Not started (probably going to take forever again)
Office Scarborough
Paper application
Days 1300+ (not sure why it took this long)
ECAS Decision made (not sure the date for this)

Last edited:

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
Any kind of idea what documents are required to request for urgent processing? Its been 13 months now and I'm still stuck waiting for LPP. I couldn't apply for 2 job opportunities now because I'm not a citizen (company is a defense contractor). The recruiter just told me on the phone that they need Canadian citizens who can get the required security clearance. I don't have any emails.

Nono16

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Any kind of idea what documents are required to request for urgent processing? Its been 13 months now and I'm still stuck waiting for LPP. I couldn't apply for 2 job opportunities now because I'm not a citizen (company is a defense contractor). The recruiter just told me on the phone that they need Canadian citizens who can get the required security clearance. I don't have any emails.
I'd say ...you should show a proof of the other 2 opportunities you missed (like a submission proof). Then show the current posting, and write a detailed email with your current resume. In the email, highlight that you have all the qualifications (match it to the job description). Then make a case. What's your processing office?

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
I'd say ...you should show a proof of the other 2 opportunities you missed (like a submission proof). Then show the current posting, and write a detailed email with your current resume. In the email, highlight that you have all the qualifications (match it to the job description). Then make a case. What's your processing office?
Montréal processing office. Problem is I applied online but didn't get a rejection via email. The posting doesn't specifically say you need Canadian citizenship. It was the recruiter who told me the requirements when I spoke to her on the phone.

superk001

Star Member
Dec 23, 2022
I can't believe it. I'm reading others' experiences taking 8+ months for the LPP...I'm going to stop checking every day and let time pass..
I’m actually very curious we all May applicants, why our LPP are taking forever while others were all finished in 2 or 3 months after test completed (mostly got their update on Feb or Mar as we see in this thread). What is causing such huge difference?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I’m actually very curious we all May applicants, why our LPP are taking forever while others were all finished in 2 or 3 months after test completed (mostly got their update on Feb or Mar as we see in this thread). What is causing such huge difference?
Even if you check the oath completion of 2022 months in Google sheet, May is the odd month with only 41% completion whereas later months are all 50+%