+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hi all, so I've finally received my GCMS notes after more than a month of wait.

This is my first time reading these notes so I'm not sure what it all means. However, what caught my eye is 2nd page under "Assessments" it says "criminality: PASSED" yet my status online application status still has background verification as "in progress"

is it because of security? GCMS notes under assessment says "Security: " its just blank doesn't say "Not Started" nor "Passed"

its been almost a year since I applied for citizenship and my online status is only citizenship passed.
Background check is composed of Criminality (police records) and Security (Security check conducted by RCMP & CSIS).
Your criminality is passed when they determined that you have no criminal record but your security check is still pending. Once that is done, your BG will be marked completed. No specific timeline for security. It varies by the individual.

For context my mom was requested with finger prints on August 09, 2022. She did the fingerprints on August 10th, 2022. They received the fingerprint results on September 14th, 2022. She passed the criminality on September 15th, 2022. Security check kept pending and she finally passed the security on March 17th, 2023. When she passed the security the background check turned completed on the tracker. You will have to wait until the security is done to for your background check to be completed.

• Wow
Reactions: may2019 and rammy

yagokoro

Apr 20, 2023
Hi guys, five months after the citizenship test and today my LPP just turned green, which is supposed to be good news. But alas... after this strike happened everything is just getting weird. My Citizenship Ceremony section still shows "not started," and I really don't know what's happening next. Anyone in the same boat?

My application history:
Application: Online (Single)
Processing Office: Scarborough
AOR: May 3, 2022
BG completed: Nov 3, 2022
Test invite: Nov 24, 2022
Test Taken: Dec 2, 2022
Test Completed: Dec 5, 2022
Language, Prohibitions, and Physical Presence: Apr 17, 2023
Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started

Last edited:

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Hi guys, five months after the citizenship test and today my LPP just turned green, which is supposed to be good news. But alas... after this strike happened everything is just getting weird. My Citizenship Ceremony section still shows "not started," and I really don't know what's happening next. Anyone in the same boat?

My application history:
It will remain this way until they have not scheduled you for an oath date. All of us who have LPP complete and waiting for oath date have the same status.

Reactions: Nono16

vakatendeka

Feb 13, 2017
I just received my GCMS notes too. Can believe LPP still all showing not started, and it shows due date on 05/19/2023. I saw my BG showing due date on 11/30/2022, and it was updated exactly on 11/30/2022. So should I expect my LPP be completed on 05/19? This agent is really procrastinating huh?
Thanks for keeping us posted. Do you have an idea how they came up with that due date for the LPP? It is probably safe to say that they are likely to wait until the due date again to complete LPP.

superk001

Star Member
Dec 23, 2022
Background check is composed of Criminality (police records) and Security (Security check conducted by RCMP & CSIS).
Your criminality is passed when they determined that you have no criminal record but your security check is still pending. Once that is done, your BG will be marked completed. No specific timeline for security. It varies by the individual.

For context my mom was requested with finger prints on August 09, 2022. She did the fingerprints on August 10th, 2022. They received the fingerprint results on September 14th, 2022. She passed the criminality on September 15th, 2022. Security check kept pending and she finally passed the security on March 17th, 2023. When she passed the security the background check turned completed on the tracker. You will have to wait until the security is done to for your background check to be completed.
But on my notes I see criminality passed on 11/30/22, tho nothings showing on security, my bg passed on 11/30/22. Does it mean security is not a mandatory assessment for everybody?

flipper11

Star Member
Feb 22, 2023
I just received my GCMS notes too. Can believe LPP still all showing not started, and it shows due date on 05/19/2023. I saw my BG showing due date on 11/30/2022, and it was updated exactly on 11/30/2022. So should I expect my LPP be completed on 05/19? This agent is really procrastinating huh?
Mine says march 30 due date for lpp...guess what? It's still not done..

my oath due date was marked 2022 may..which is impossible because I applied in 2022 feb..(wondering if that could cause an issue or not?)

my bg has 2 due dates lol..not sure how that happened...lol...and was completed between the 2 dates.

security has nothing written...but I thought you can't pass bg without that??

SIMAL

Star Member
May 3, 2014
Same. Would've been 12:30 today in person (Mississauga), changed to virtual, then cancelled altogether. All with only a couple hours notice. So if anyone's got one scheduled this week, keep an eye out.
Same in Calgary; it was in person on 24th April and canccelled

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
But on my notes I see criminality passed on 11/30/22, tho nothings showing on security, my bg passed on 11/30/22. Does it mean security is not a mandatory assessment for everybody?
Security is 100% mandatory for every individual. The GCMS notes will not show the security for some reason but if you have completed background check it means that your security has been completed.

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020

My application history:
Congratulations. LPP means that the citizenship grant application has been approved and has been forwarded to the Oath department for the last step which is the ceremony. Unfortunately, many people have their LPP completed and their applications approved but no oath ceremonies in sight due to the ongoing strike. You are one formality away from becoming a citizen but you just have to wait until the strike over and they schedule you in for the ceremony. It might take a while so be prepared. Aside from that, you're pretty much all set.

yagokoro

Apr 20, 2023
Congratulations. LPP means that the citizenship grant application has been approved and has been forwarded to the Oath department for the last step which is the ceremony. Unfortunately, many people have their LPP completed and their applications approved but no oath ceremonies in sight due to the ongoing strike. You are one formality away from becoming a citizen but you just have to wait until the strike over and they schedule you in for the ceremony. It might take a while so be prepared. Aside from that, you're pretty much all set.
Thank you my friend. At this moment I can just wish this stupid strike to end soon or wish the One-Click Citizenship Oath could be a real thing in June...

sohrabp

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
Hello, I was scheduled for oath on May 4th 2023. I haven't received any invitation or email. Any tips on what I can do further to get clarity on my invitation?
You probably will get an email 1 day before saying it is cancelled and they are going to re-schedule it

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Any applicant from Winnipeg received Finger Print Request ? not today, I mean in the past , what address you request RCMP to sent to , what IRCC office address