+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 - Citizenship Applications

NoCanDoIt

Oct 21, 2017
I have not posted any updates here, but it has been helpful reviewing all that you share. So here's mine:

Type: Online
Physical Presence: >1100 days
Application submitted: May 28, 2022
AOR: June 1, 2022
BG: November 24, 2022 (first update since having submitted the application ~6 months)
Test: January 25, 2023
LPP: March 2, 2023 (reflected in the tracker retroactively ~2 weeks later)
Oath date: April 19, 2023 (waiting for details)

Considering when I applied, there was a brief period when I felt a bit uneasy about having submitted an online application. There were times when this forum contained some material that I felt was almost toxic in nature. Of course, I sympathize with those that have their applications stuck, but I want to believe that those are very few cases--some for genuine reasons, others may be just unlucky. I feel it's important to remember that the forum may represent a selection bias, making it seem as if there are more cases that are non-standard than there really are. Considering the situation precipitated by the last three years and recalling seeing the estimated processing time jump from 12 months to 26 months, I am quite glad that a vast majority of applications are still being completed in the pre-2020 SLA of ~12 months.

I know of several folks that had their applications processed in the time it took mine to even see the BG update. They were lucky. That does not mean we are not.
Unsolicited opinion--try not to consume yourself with worry as long as you have some movement on the portal, even if updates are separated by several months.

Reactions: mrsdsa and cjas

Fawn1477

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2018
Passport Req..
21-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2019
Anyone here who had their oath virtually with IRCC Calgary office on March 30, 2023? Trying to figure out by when should we see oath ceremony marked as completed on the tracker. It still shows as in progress on the tracker.
I had my oath on the 28th. Still waiting. I live in Calgary, but oath office was Saskatchewan

mihirparker

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2017
AOR Received.
09-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
Anyone here who had their oath virtually with IRCC Calgary office on March 30, 2023? Trying to figure out by when should we see oath ceremony marked as completed on the tracker. It still shows as in progress on the tracker.
Still waiting as well

Reactions: milit16

irccsux

Mar 8, 2023
I have not posted any updates here, but it has been helpful reviewing all that you share. So here's mine:

Type: Online
Physical Presence: >1100 days
Application submitted: May 28, 2022
AOR: June 1, 2022
BG: November 24, 2022 (first update since having submitted the application ~6 months)
Test: January 25, 2023
LPP: March 2, 2023 (reflected in the tracker retroactively ~2 weeks later)
Oath date: April 19, 2023 (waiting for details)

Considering when I applied, there was a brief period when I felt a bit uneasy about having submitted an online application. There were times when this forum contained some material that I felt was almost toxic in nature. Of course, I sympathize with those that have their applications stuck, but I want to believe that those are very few cases--some for genuine reasons, others may be just unlucky. I feel it's important to remember that the forum may represent a selection bias, making it seem as if there are more cases that are non-standard than there really are. Considering the situation precipitated by the last three years and recalling seeing the estimated processing time jump from 12 months to 26 months, I am quite glad that a vast majority of applications are still being completed in the pre-2020 SLA of ~12 months.

I know of several folks that had their applications processed in the time it took mine to even see the BG update. They were lucky. That does not mean we are not.
Unsolicited opinion--try not to consume yourself with worry as long as you have some movement on the portal, even if updates are separated by several months.
I think that's the main issue with IRCC and why some people are calling out the organization. I know for a fact that MOST applications are not "non-standard". The vast majority of applications are very vanilla, standard applications. I also know for a fact that by now (was different a year ago), the vast majority of applications are processed within 12 months. That's why it is so upsetting for those who are told their application is standard, yet someone other application, submitted at the same time or later, is already approved, while theirs is still pending. There is no rhyme or reason to that. If two "standard" applications are submitted at the same time, they should get processed at or at least around the same time. I run my own business. We deliver a service that has a certain turnaround time. If I was to process one order significantly faster than another, complaints would mount and I would be out of business, and rightfully so. The above statement doesn't just apply to my situation or even just to citizenship applications. It's across the board all over IRCC. I have clients who applied for PR in the Spring of 2021 and haven't even received their AOR. At the same time, I have clients who applied as late as May 2022 and they already have AOR and request for medical. I have clients from the same country, who applied for visitor permits over a year ago and got nothing, no rejection, no approval, simply nothing, while others (again, same country, same visa class) get approved within three months. I mentioned this before in another thread. Thus far, every single time I had a first hand experience with IRCC (2 work permits, one PR, one PR card renewal, one citizenship application) I had an issue that was not caused by me, but caused by the incompetency of IRCC. In addition, the vast majority of second hand experience I have with IRCC (clients, friends, family applications), and there are MANY second hand experiences I have, also have IRCC caused issues. At the same time, none of my USCIS first hand experiences (4 visas so far) had ANY USCIS caused issues and only a small fraction of second hand USCIS cases have an organization caused issue. I have clients abroad who want to expand their business to North America, prefer Canada but don't mind the U.S. so they apply for visitor visas in both countries and guess what, U.S. approves within a month, IRCC has their heads stuck up their behinds, and my clients end up setting up shop in the U.S. I could probably go on forever on this topic so I'll stop the rant here but to summarize, IRCC is HIGHLY incompetent, unprofessional and lazy and it's hurting Canada economically and the country's reputation.

tanmaisneha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Alberta
Can you please share the email address from which you received the Oath email.

BURK8579

Feb 7, 2023
My LPP was completed on February 22, it has been over a month and Oath still not started. (Scarborough Office)

Is this normal? as I checked the google sheets and many got their oath invitation within few days to a week.

I sent an email on March 6th to DN SCR but there was no response. Shall I email again? or wait it out?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
My LPP was completed on February 22, it has been over a month and Oath still not started. (Scarborough Office)

Is this normal? as I checked the google sheets and many got their oath invitation within few days to a week.

I sent an email on March 6th to DN SCR but there was no response. Shall I email again? or wait it out?
Did you email the address from which Oath email generally comes?

BURK8579

Feb 7, 2023
Did you email the address from which Oath email generally comes?
I emailed back the sender of the Citizenship Test (notice to appear). The sender was DN SCR, is the Oath email from a different sender?

I did and passed my test first week of December last year.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I emailed back the sender of the Citizenship Test (notice to appear). The sender was DN SCR, is the Oath email from a different sender?

Yes. They tend to be different. Oath email address tend to reply to your emails about oath. Try to find the same for SCR.

akhileshtekchand

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-O
AOR Received.
20-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-02-2020

Worth reaching out to the SCR addresses enquiring about your oath (separately, of course):

IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipCeremony-CeremonieCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
IRCC.DNCitSCRScheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
IRCC.DN-CITIZENSHIP-CEREMONIES-RN-CITOYENNETE-CEREMONIES.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

marygbrasil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
They mark everything as completed in the tracker and write you a congratulatory message in the system once your oath ceremony is completed and you have your certificate on hand. I did mine in person so three days after the ceremony, my tracker was updated to everything completed!

Reactions: cjas