+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 - Citizenship Applications

tamjan

May 23, 2019
Hi, I did my citizenship test outside canada. Now I’m back to Canada.do I need to inform ircc about this?

Maxon

Mar 28, 2023
You guys are all lucky!

I sent my application on may 6 2022 online and since this date nothing heard…
Even no AOR. The status in my online profile is: “Application submitted! This is not your acknowledgement of receipt (AOR)”

I checked everything in my email (spam/junk) nothing.
I called twice to IRCC and sent a message 2 times as well, and I got a standard answers: “We are working blah blah blah…” And this is the last answer which I got in January after my last call:
“ Rest assured that we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible, and that you will be informed when a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.”

How do they finalize my application if I don’t even have an AOR??
I don't understand what happens and I don’t know what to do… I think about to reapply my citizenship application but on paper. If nothing happens till May 2023.
Has anyone had the same problem before?

Reactions: may2019

Nono16

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
You guys are all lucky!

Even no AOR. The status in my online profile is: “Application submitted! This is not your acknowledgement of receipt (AOR)”

I called twice to IRCC and sent a message 2 times as well, and I got a standard answers: “We are working blah blah blah…” And this is the last answer which I got in January after my last call:
“ Rest assured that we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible, and that you will be informed when a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.”

I don't understand what happens and I don’t know what to do… I think about to reapply my citizenship application but on paper. If nothing happens till May 2023.
That's strange. I also struggled to find my aor for months , and I later realized that the aor email doesn't actually say AOR. It is just a pdf attachment that says your application has been acknowledged. The title of the email is something like this " Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about xxxxxx Correspondence Id: xxxx" . Paste this in your email and check or type "cic" and search, then scroll down to view the pdf. Also, when you say you messaged them, do you mean filling out the webform ? I know filling out the webform and just asking if they need any extra documentation, might help you get some traction (my opinion). Maybe others can chime in.

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
You guys are all lucky!

You can call and ask for your application number. Then you can create an account at https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/register to track the progress of your application.

systix

Mar 13, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
##-08-2027
LANDED..........
##-09-2027
Does anybody know if we are able to distinguish on the online tracker, difference between online oath ceremony and in person oath ceremony? I have an update on the tracker but no update via email.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Does anybody know if we are able to distinguish on the online tracker, difference between online oath ceremony and in person oath ceremony? I have an update on the tracker but no update via email.
You have to wait for the email to know the details(online/inperson)

Maxon

Mar 28, 2023
That's strange. I also struggled to find my aor for months , and I later realized that the aor email doesn't actually say AOR. It is just a pdf attachment that says your application has been acknowledged. The title of the email is something like this " Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about xxxxxx Correspondence Id: xxxx" . Paste this in your email and check or type "cic" and search, then scroll down to view the pdf. Also, when you say you messaged them, do you mean filling out the webform ? I know filling out the webform and just asking if they need any extra documentation, might help you get some traction (my opinion). Maybe others can chime in.
Thank you. I checked it and unfortunately nothing in my mail box…

I just called to IRCC and I got an answer from the agent that my application in a queue for their review since January 2023. (when I called them last time) Asked them to provide me an application number but they don’t have any info about my application number in their records. Also I asked about can I reapply my citizenship application on paper and she said yes I can. But she doesn’t know will it help me or no. Also they made a request to IRCC office to provide me some info about my application and there will reach me out in 60 days. That’s crazy.

So I decided to wait until May 2023. If nothing heard until this month I will reapply again. I think they are lost my application or forgot about me. But I don’t know how you can lost an online application. I lost 1 year. I’m very disappointed in this system…

Last edited:
Reactions: may2019

ssah6154

Jun 25, 2019
it is my anecdotal observation that people who took their test in Dec are scheduled for oath gradually. Is anyone with the test taken in Jan who received an oath/LPP update?

Nono16

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Thank you. I checked it and unfortunately nothing in my mail box…

I just called to IRCC and I got an answer from the agent that my application in a queue for their review since January 2023. (when I called them last time) Asked them to provide me an application number but they don’t have any info about my application number in their records. Also I asked about can I reapply my citizenship application on paper and she said yes I can. But she doesn’t know will it help me or no. Also they made a request to IRCC office to provide me some info about my application and there will reach me out in 60 days. That’s crazy.

So I decided to wait until May 2023. If nothing geared until this month I will reapply again. I think they are lost my application or forgot about me. But I don’t know how you can lost an online application. I lost 1 year. I’m very disappointed in this system…
What a bummer! But it's a good thing you called them. Maybe you would have given the agent your ref number on your citizenship application fee payment (payment receipt number) to trace the application that way? If they can't find your application, then what's the queue for? To find your application? Or to advise on the next steps?. I know the paper route is for families, but since the agent didn't object, go for it.. I'm hopeful for you. Hang in there.

Citizen247

Mar 8, 2023
it is my anecdotal observation that people who took their test in Dec are scheduled for oath gradually. Is anyone with the test taken in Jan who received an oath/LPP update?
Yes meee I took the test on January 20 2023and passed
It Was marked complete on January 23 2023
LPP completed on March 21 2023
Oath scheduled on May 8 2023

Reactions: eparker42 and cjas

Maxon

Mar 28, 2023
What a bummer! But it's a good thing you called them. Maybe you would have given the agent your ref number on your citizenship application fee payment (payment receipt number) to trace the application that way? If they can't find your application, then what's the queue for? To find your application? Or to advise on the next steps?. I know the paper route is for families, but since the agent didn't object, go for it.. I'm hopeful for you. Hang in there.
Yes I did it. I gave her my receipt number and then she put me on hold for 5-10 minutes to check this. I don’t know I guess a queue for AOR, because no one even reviewed my application for 11 months…
Also I’m thinking to contact my local MP (member of parliament) maybe he can help me with my situation.

Yeah thanks. I will wait next 1.5 months or so. But no more

Last edited:
Reactions: Nono16 and may2019