+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 - Citizenship Applications

BURK8579

Feb 7, 2023
Not sure how you asked but the agent probably believes your impatient. You might want to give a better reason or try to explain why rather than wanting to start the new phase of life.

How did you get an agent to answer? I've tried couple of times and no one answers my call.. what extension are you using?
Basically I would keep trying until it connect, this time it was the third attempt.

Reactions: rammy

BURK8579

Feb 7, 2023
Not sure how you asked but the agent probably believes your impatient. You might want to give a better reason or try to explain why rather than wanting to start the new phase of life.

How did you get an agent to answer? I've tried couple of times and no one answers my call.. what extension are you using?
Actually end of December I updated my file that I was travelling in April (about 3 weeks), and since then I cancelled the travel plans due to uncertainty of the citizenship process.

I have postponed my travels until I recieve the passport and then travel.

rammy

Nov 7, 2011
Actually end of December I updated my file that I was travelling in April (about 3 weeks), and since then I cancelled the travel plans due to uncertainty of the citizenship process.

I have postponed my travels until I recieve the passport and then travel.
yeah I'm in a similar boat as you are regarding travel. My PR is also expiring this august so I've been trying to get in contact with them but just never been able to connect with an agent.

surely frustrating and depressing but have to be patient. hope you get it soon or before your next call :)

BURK8579

Feb 7, 2023
yeah I'm in a similar boat as you are regarding travel. My PR is also expiring this august so I've been trying to get in contact with them but just never been able to connect with an agent.

surely frustrating and depressing but have to be patient. hope you get it soon or before your next call :)
The way I would be able to reach them is call again until it gets connected, usually takes between 2 to 4 tries.

himcool

May 20, 2017
Man I feel really depressed and sad.

My application has been completed on 22 of February and curently awaiting Oath (not started) just a ghost update on March 2nd.

I called the IRCC phone line 13 days ago and was answered by a very demeaning and scolding agent who said that just to check the email and I am within the processing period.

I waited 13 days and called again, and this time the same agent answered, and she goes like when was the last time you called, what was the answer then? it is the same answer now! and then went on a lecture on how my process is, the lecture was another 10 minutes.

I explained to her, that I understand, and I am just anxious and can't wait for the new phase of my life. She really brought me down, she made me feel... I do not know how to describe that, she was very vindictive.

Not all agents are like that, most are amazing, uplifting. Just my luck that in 12 days period I spoke with the same agent.

She reminded me of the country I fled from, the phone ended and I was blank for 30 minutes.

I hope these agents know how important this step for us. This agent must have known, she sounded like an immigrant, so I am sure she can connect with me, but these two times she did not.

Currently trying to uplift my mood and energy, my toddler will wake up soon and I want to be fun dad around her.
I don't really think it's a big deal that you would call them twice in a span of 2 weeks. Your application was just recently approved and if I was in your position, I would wait atleast 3 months if there was no update. Although the agent should have been more polite but they have more severe backlogs to finish than to worry for someone who has an update like 3 weeks ago. Also, not sure why you are anxious so soon for this? You have been a PR for 4 years atleast (almost) so why the extra few months are a problem?

Reactions: sahibo

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Man I feel really depressed and sad.

My application has been completed on 22 of February and curently awaiting Oath (not started) just a ghost update on March 2nd.

I called the IRCC phone line 13 days ago and was answered by a very demeaning and scolding agent who said that just to check the email and I am within the processing period.

I waited 13 days and called again, and this time the same agent answered, and she goes like when was the last time you called, what was the answer then? it is the same answer now! and then went on a lecture on how my process is, the lecture was another 10 minutes.

I explained to her, that I understand, and I am just anxious and can't wait for the new phase of my life. She really brought me down, she made me feel... I do not know how to describe that, she was very vindictive.

Not all agents are like that, most are amazing, uplifting. Just my luck that in 12 days period I spoke with the same agent.

She reminded me of the country I fled from, the phone ended and I was blank for 30 minutes.

I hope these agents know how important this step for us. This agent must have known, she sounded like an immigrant, so I am sure she can connect with me, but these two times she did not.

Currently trying to uplift my mood and energy, my toddler will wake up soon and I want to be fun dad around her.
The processing standard for citizenship applications used to be 12 months, you are 10 months in and have completed all steps and just waiting on the oath.
And you've already called and they told you to wait on the oath email. I get that they were not nice to you but maybe you should have listened to what you were told and not called too often. You'll get the oath soon

Reactions: may2019 and sahibo