+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 - Citizenship Applications

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
My interview was very short, just 3 minutes. They just looked at the ID cards I used to apply and asked if I was in Canada. And they said that's it. I thanked them for their work during the pandemic to process the application, the staff told me to expect an oath in 2 to 4 months. I must have really impressed them lol, the greatest surprise was seeing my Language, Prohibition, and Physical Presence complete and Oath email all within a week after the interview. And my oath is on the 29th of this month.
If you ever get an interview I suggest you use all the nicest words you have in your vocabulary, they may just surprise you haha.
Thanks for sharing your experience and I am just wondering do you think what is the reason you got the interview? Did. they have any concerns that must be got clarified by talking to you?

Nov 5, 2015
Mar 15, 2023. Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress. Scheduled for citizenship oath on Apr 11, 2023. I haven't received the invitation yet.

Jan 20, 2023. LPP completed. (This update showed on the tracker on March 2).

Dec 22, 2022. Citizenship test completed. (I took my test about a week earlier).

Dec 13, 2022. Background completed.

Dec 12, 2022. Fingerprint results: Received.

Dec 5, 2022. Scheduled for citizenship test.

Nov 29, 2022. Fingerprints required.

May 10, 2022. Application filed.

Vancouver, BC.

Last edited:

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Thanks for sharing your experience and I am just wondering do you think what is the reason you got the interview? Did. they have any concerns that must be got clarified by talking to you?
There were no concerns. Before the pandemic they interviewed everyone. They stopped it but now they are starting to interview a few applicants. The interview is just to look at the documents. Most persons will be done the interview in less than 5 minutes if there's no issues.

Nov 5, 2015
Mar 15, 2023. Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress. Scheduled for citizenship oath on Apr 11, 2023. I haven't received the invitation yet.

Jan 20, 2023. LPP completed. (This update showed on the tracker on March 2).

Dec 22, 2022. Citizenship test completed. (I took my test about a week earlier).

Dec 13, 2022. Background completed.

Dec 12, 2022. Fingerprint results: Received.

Dec 5, 2022. Scheduled for citizenship test.

Nov 29, 2022. Fingerprints required.

May 10, 2022. Application filed.

Vancouver, BC.
Email received today, March 17. It's an online ceremony.

Reactions: eparker42

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Application: Online (2 applications)
Processing Office: Niagara Falls (NGF)
Application sent: Apr 18, 2022
AOR: May 2, 2022 / May 3, 2022
BG completed: Nov 17, 2022 / November 1, 2022
Test invite: Feb 17, 2023 (Test Window - Feb 24 - Mar 16)
Test Taken: Mar 14, 2023
Test Completed: Mar 15, 2023 / Mar 16, 2023
Language, Prohibitions, and Physical Presence: In Progress
Citizenship Ceremony: Not Started

Reactions: may2019

BURK8579

Feb 7, 2023
Man I feel really depressed and sad.

My application has been completed on 22 of February and curently awaiting Oath (not started) just a ghost update on March 2nd.

I called the IRCC phone line 13 days ago and was answered by a very demeaning and scolding agent who said that just to check the email and I am within the processing period.

I waited 13 days and called again, and this time the same agent answered, and she goes like when was the last time you called, what was the answer then? it is the same answer now! and then went on a lecture on how my process is, the lecture was another 10 minutes.

I explained to her, that I understand, and I am just anxious and can't wait for the new phase of my life. She really brought me down, she made me feel... I do not know how to describe that, she was very vindictive.

Not all agents are like that, most are amazing, uplifting. Just my luck that in 12 days period I spoke with the same agent.

She reminded me of the country I fled from, the phone ended and I was blank for 30 minutes.

I hope these agents know how important this step for us. This agent must have known, she sounded like an immigrant, so I am sure she can connect with me, but these two times she did not.

Currently trying to uplift my mood and energy, my toddler will wake up soon and I want to be fun dad around her.

Reactions: Zain.Lugo

smalkawi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017

My application has been completed on 22 of February and curently awaiting Oath (not started) just a ghost update on March 2nd.

I called the IRCC phone line 13 days ago and was answered by a very demeaning and scolding agent who said that just to check the email and I am within the processing period.

I waited 13 days and called again, and this time the same agent answered, and she goes like when was the last time you called, what was the answer then? it is the same answer now! and then went on a lecture on how my process is, the lecture was another 10 minutes.

I explained to her, that I understand, and I am just anxious and can't wait for the new phase of my life. She really brought me down, she made me feel... I do not know how to describe that, she was very vindictive.

Not all agents are like that, most are amazing, uplifting. Just my luck that in 12 days period I spoke with the same agent.

She reminded me of the country I fled from, the phone ended and I was blank for 30 minutes.

I hope these agents know how important this step for us. This agent must have known, she sounded like an immigrant, so I am sure she can connect with me, but these two times she did not.

Currently trying to uplift my mood and energy, my toddler will wake up soon and I want to be fun dad around her.
it is not like they are kicking you out soon if you dont get it.. learn how to have patience and do something else in your life dont make this the center of your life now as it wont change much after you get it.

Reactions: sahibo and cjas

Nono16

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016

Cheer up. I totally understand how you feel. My application was approved 2wks before yours and I'm still waiting too. So I can totally relate to your feelings. The agent I spoke to last week was super nice, and told me to wait till June before calling back lol, although he reassured me that everything was okay and they just have some backlog in some zones. Funny enough, I ended the call feeling a lot better. So my advice is, don't sweat it. It will soon be here. Just hang in there. You'll look back at today and smile.

rammy

Nov 7, 2011

Not sure how you asked but the agent probably believes your impatient. You might want to give a better reason or try to explain why rather than wanting to start the new phase of life.

How did you get an agent to answer? I've tried couple of times and no one answers my call.. what extension are you using?

Reactions: sahibo

Zain.Lugo

Star Member
Feb 28, 2022

Yes some of the new agents are frustrated and provide answers in very bad manner. Try calling again in couple of days, hope you get answers then.

BURK8579

Feb 7, 2023
Cheer up. I totally understand how you feel. My application was approved 2wks before yours and I'm still waiting too. So I can totally relate to your feelings. The agent I spoke to last week was super nice, and told me to wait till June before calling back lol, although he reassured me that everything was okay and they just have some backlog in some zones. Funny enough, I ended the call feeling a lot better. So my advice is, don't sweat it. It will soon be here. Just hang in there. You'll look back at today and smile.
I am doing my best, I wont call or inquire until end of May/June.

Reactions: Nono16