May 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Gagandeep1

Jul 24, 2018
Application history
8 new update(s)

• Jan 9, 2023

Activity status updated: Prohibitions New update
    Prohibitions
    Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jan 9, 2023

Activity status updated: Language skills New update
    Language skills
    Language skills status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jan 9, 2023

Activity status updated: Physical presence New update
    Physical presence
    Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
  • Nov 14, 2022

Activity status updated: Citizenship test New update
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
  • Oct 14, 2022

Scheduled for citizenship test New update
    Citizenship test
    You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between October 14, 2022 and November 4, 2022. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Oct 11, 2022

Activity status updated: Citizenship test New update
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
  • Aug 18, 2022

Activity status updated: Background verification New update
    Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated to Completed.
  • Jun 22, 2022

Application filed New update
    We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
Awaiting Oath. All completed on Jan 9th

amhbala

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
I don't remember seeing any instructions on sending scans of your renewed pieces of ID, let alone after travelling. I think you're good, no worries.
Thanks. Interview done. Looks like they called for interview due to outside country travel, hence it was the verification of passport and ID cards mostly. interview took hardly 5 mins. But agent told will approve the application and to wait for 2 to 4 months for virtual oath update. So some months waiting going to be there again:(

Reactions: albertovalledor

prachi16

Oct 31, 2017
Physical Days: 1118
Method: Online
Applicants: Single
Number of applicants : 1
Application sent: May 17, 2022
AOR: May 24, 2022
Background Verification Completed: Nov. 22nd
Test Invite email: January 10th (scheduled for Jan. 13-Feb. 2nd)
Test Taken: January 17th
i have similar timeline. I gave my test today.
did your test completion status updated yet or still pending?

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Has anybody else received a FP request after the exam ?
Also, for this who received a FP, did they mention in the letter the reason for the request (like articles from the law)?

penguin123

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Also, for this who received a FP, did they mention in the letter the reason for the request (like articles from the law)?
So far I found 4 people on this forum received FP request on 19/1 from Montreal office after the test, maybe the case officer finally work on their pending files lol. The attached document states the articles, I think they're standard. Got my FP when I applied for PR too, nothing much to worry about.

Reactions: cjas

Dimes

Jan 7, 2015
Thanks. Interview done. Looks like they called for interview due to outside country travel, hence it was the verification of passport and ID cards mostly. interview took hardly 5 mins. But agent told will approve the application and to wait for 2 to 4 months for virtual oath update. So some months waiting going to be there again:(
Hi, if you dont mind me asking, what kind of questions were you asked? I also received full passport scans/provincial ID request yesterday. This request made me quite nervous as I did not see it part of the regular process. I am currently abroad, completed test online while abroad, returning end of Feb to Canada. Would appreciate any details on what to expect next, esp if they interview me.

amhbala

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Hi, if you dont mind me asking, what kind of questions were you asked? I also received full passport scans/provincial ID request yesterday. This request made me quite nervous as I did not see it part of the regular process. I am currently abroad, completed test online while abroad, returning end of Feb to Canada. Would appreciate any details on what to expect next, esp if they interview me.
Hopefully nothing to worry as i believe they called for interview as i had taken my test outside. So may be they want to see whether i amvback and also kind of verification of updated passport due to our travel outside Canada. And also asked how many times i travelled outside canada during the given period and they also verified the same in Passport. Also asked two piece of ID cards in the interview. Also asked about my employment that where i am working. Thats it and its very short. But each application is different, so not sure what they are asking for others.

Reactions: Dimes

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
the problem it seems is that they delay the oath invites of those who travel outside country, especially when they write citizenship test from outside the country. Pretty messed up.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Think they do. After the test isn't common, but it's either after or before. LOL. doesn't make a huge difference. I got a FP request and then the test invite was sent before they had received my fingerprints.

Reactions: cjas

ssah6154

Jun 25, 2019
I received a request for a colour copy of my passports. Although I sent translation of them in the initial application, I didn't send the colour copies due to file size limitations. Have seen this being requested from a few folks. Seems pretty normal to me.

Reactions: Dimes