+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 - Citizenship Applications

randint

Feb 2, 2014
Hey guys, got another update today. Everything marked as complete except Oath ceremony which is still not started
On my mother's profile, only Background verification is completed. I have no idea why the Citizenship Test and Language Skills are not "Waived" (the law says that persons over 55 do not need to write the Citizenship Test, nor do they need to meet requirements for Language Skills).

So, right now:

Language Skills - In progress Background verification - Completed
Physical presence - In progress Prohibitions - In progress
Citizenship test - Not started Citizenship ceremony - Not started

elbob

Star Member
Aug 31, 2013
Update for the admins:

Test Invite: January 5th
Test Date: January 9th
Test Complete: January 12th

Learnt that the office is Hamilton.

argieargie

Feb 1, 2017
GOT MY OATH scheduled !!! Scheduled on February 3, 2023.

I did not get an email, found out about it on my CIC account. Timeline is in my signature.

Another advice to give you guys is, when you are close to get oath (4-6 months after exam), book your passport appointment ahead of time!!! I booked before I got my oath because I was expecting it to come this month. And the earliest date is in March.

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
GOT MY OATH scheduled today!!! Scheduled on February 3, 2023.

I did not get an email, found out about it on my CIC account. Timeline is in my signature.

Another advice to give you guys is, when you are close to get oath (4-6 months after exam), book your passport appointment ahead of time!!! I booked before I got my oath because I was expecting it to come this month. And the earliest date is in March.
When did your Language, Prohibitions and Physical Presence got completed?

hallelujahbaby

Nov 14, 2022
Toronto
GOT MY OATH scheduled !!! Scheduled on February 3, 2023.

Congrats and thanks for the advice - Can't you request urgent processing for the passport right after you get your certificate? I noticed the appointment setting is for someone who needs the passport in +10 days.

Also is the oath in person?

argieargie

Feb 1, 2017
Congrats and thanks for the advice - Can't you request urgent processing for the passport right after you get your certificate? I noticed the appointment setting is for someone who needs the passport in +10 days.

Also is the oath in person?
Thank you.

You have to have a proof to apply for urgent passport such as flight ticket, proof of illness or death in the family. Appointment setting is for standard applications.

You can walk in as well, but without an appointment, it's not guaranteed because there's always a huge line up, in Vancouver at least. You can check details here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport.html

My oath is online. I think this is how they do it now. Other two friends of mine also did online.

roddy8

Aug 29, 2019
Physical Days: 11XX
Method: Paper Based
Applicants: Family (4)
Application sent: May 21, 2022
Delivered: May 27, 2022
AOR: June 13, 2022
In Progress: June 15, 2022
Fingerprint requested: July 29, 2022
Fingerprint sent: Aug 02, 2022
Test Invite: Aug 8, 2022 (Test to be completed between Aug 11 to Sep 01)
Test Taken: Aug 11, 2022
Test Completed: Aug 16, 2022
Fingerprint received: Aug 28, 2022
Background Verification Completed: Aug 29, 2022
All statuses changed to Completed: Aug 30, 2022.
Citizenship ceremony: Not Started
Citizenship Application Status on ECAS changed to Decision Made on Aug 31, 2022

My partner's application was updated today:
All statuses changed to Completed: Sep 23, 2022.
Citizenship ceremony: Not Started

Her Citizenship Application Status on ECAS changed to Decision Made today as well.
Got my oath scheduled on February 16, 2023 (In-Person Ceremony).

elbob

Star Member
Aug 31, 2013
Hi guys, can someone tell me how to find the office processing my application?
Three options I know of:

* Call IRCC and ask
* Test email shows
* ATIP request but that takes weeks, and sometimes doesn't even get process!

So option 1 is the best, if you haven't received the test invite