+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 - Citizenship Applications

randint

Feb 2, 2014
Sometimes, the IRCC portal doesn't get updated for months, and I think that is unacceptable.

My mother was requested to provide additional information. In an email that IRCC sent to me on November 16, 2022, they requested

Identification
  • Photocopies of the front and back of one additional (1) piece of your personal identification. Examples of acceptable identification include, but are not limited to: a provincial/territorial health card, provincial/territorial driver's licence, hospital card, passport, school records or any document with your name and signature.
Note: A PR card may only be used as personal identification if your second piece of personal identification was issued by the Canadian government.
I did not understand what that means. So, I gave them 3 things
  • Biographical page of current, valid passport
  • Front and back of current, valid permanent resident card
  • Front and back of current, valid Ontario health card
I sent them the reply email on the same day (November 16). As of today (January 3), the system is still requesting this information when I log into the portal. On December 19, I called IRCC and they acknowledged that they received those emailed documents.

Unfortunately, as my mother never got a driver's license, these 3 documents are the only ones that are recognized by the Canadian government.

Also, I don't understand how background checks via fingerprints takes so long. My mother has never been arrested in Canada. As such, it should come up with no matches at all (submitted December 15, received December 16). My understanding is that you cannot have convictions under the Criminal Code or Citizenship Act, and cannot be currently charged with or on trial for anything under these laws.

Even if there are a lot of people with the same name and date of birth as my mother, the presence of the Social Insurance Number should make it very clear who she is. She has only ever been assigned one SIN (the one she currently uses), and I have filed taxes for her for every year since becoming a temporary resident.

argieargie

Feb 1, 2017
Hello everyone
I have a one question regarding my case I did my test back in September 2022 which I have passed now when I see my status online every single thing in progress accept my citizenship test.
Just citizenship test completed even the background also in the progress
Is this normal is there anyone who got same status like me
And also I haven’t receive the oath yet
Your answer will be highly appreciated
My test is done in August and still haven't heard anything. Today I checked on CIC, it says in most cases, it takes 4-6 months to get oath. I'm expecting to hear from them this month or February.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html

Reactions: sahibo

macarson

Feb 7, 2019
Sometimes, the IRCC portal doesn't get updated for months, and I think that is unacceptable.

My mother was requested to provide additional information. In an email that IRCC sent to me on November 16, 2022, they requested

I did not understand what that means. So, I gave them 3 things
  • Biographical page of current, valid passport
  • Front and back of current, valid permanent resident card
  • Front and back of current, valid Ontario health card
I sent them the reply email on the same day (November 16). As of today (January 3), the system is still requesting this information when I log into the portal. On December 19, I called IRCC and they acknowledged that they received those emailed documents.

Unfortunately, as my mother never got a driver's license, these 3 documents are the only ones that are recognized by the Canadian government.

Also, I don't understand how background checks via fingerprints takes so long. My mother has never been arrested in Canada. As such, it should come up with no matches at all (submitted December 15, received December 16). My understanding is that you cannot have convictions under the Criminal Code or Citizenship Act, and cannot be currently charged with or on trial for anything under these laws.

Even if there are a lot of people with the same name and date of birth as my mother, the presence of the Social Insurance Number should make it very clear who she is. She has only ever been assigned one SIN (the one she currently uses), and I have filed taxes for her for every year since becoming a temporary resident.
I don't really know what you are expecting as far as updates go. It is fairly well known that you only receive an update once something is processed in their normal workflow. So if they requested additional documents you will not get any updates regarding that and all you can do is what you did, contact them to confirm they received them.

Using fingerprints as an example, sure they can be submitted electronically and be received the same or next day. BUT someone has to process that request and that takes time. The amount of time likely depends on which branch of the RCMP it was sent to, how busy that office is, how tall the stack of fingerprint requests is, if the fingerprint person is on vacation, etc. If they had to update the working status of every application at a more fine resolution it would take even longer. So instead, they only change the status once a process has started or officially ended. Simple as that.

Sun_ray

Mar 20, 2019
Method: Online
Application sent: May 07, 2022
AOR: May 16, 2022
Background verification completed: Nov 10, 2022
Citizenship test invite: Dec 10, 2022 (Dec 16- Jan 5)
Citizenship test taken: Jan 2, 2023
Citizenship test marked completed: Jan 3, 2023

Reactions: may2019

omicrondelta

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-10-2017
test taken: Jan 2nd;
application portal info:
test completed : Jan 3rd ; application updated: Jan 5th.
details in signature.
Thanks.

amhbala

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Hi, I am a MAY 2022 applicant and gave our test in July 2022. Now both our background and citizenship test status are in completed state in CIC tracker. Today we have got an interview request for my spouse and myself. Not sure why we have got picked for interview. We gave an citizenship test from outside Canada and also our PR card got expired and got new one in the middle. Not sure whether this is triggered for an interview. Can anybody got the similar request and also please tell us what we can expect in it.

Nov 5, 2015
Hi, I am a MAY 2022 applicant and gave our test in July 2022. Now both our background and citizenship test status are in completed state in CIC tracker. Today we have got an interview request for my spouse and myself. Not sure why we have got picked for interview. We gave an citizenship test from outside Canada and also our PR card got expired and got new one in the middle. Not sure whether this is triggered for an interview. Can anybody got the similar request and also please tell us what we can expect in it.
I'm pretty sure I've read comments saying that interview requests are common for those who take the test outside of Canada.

Reactions: sahibo

amhbala

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
I'm pretty sure I've read comments saying that interview requests are common for those who take the test outside of Canada.
Also. i didnt send my passport copy after i travelled in the middle and also didnt send my renewed PR card copy. Not sure whether they will raise the concern due to that. Scary times :(

Nov 5, 2015
Also. i didnt send my passport copy after i travelled in the middle and also didnt send my renewed PR card copy. Not sure whether they will raise the concern due to that. Scary times :(
I don't remember seeing any instructions on sending scans of your renewed pieces of ID, let alone after travelling. I think you're good, no worries.