AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Med's Done....
12-09-18
Passport Req..
29-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2019
Folks, asking again. Does the tracker changes to Citizenship test in progress before the test invite is sent through email or do we get test email after BG updates to Completed without any other change in tracker?

macarson

Feb 7, 2019
Folks, asking again. Does the tracker changes to Citizenship test in progress before the test invite is sent through email or do we get test email after BG updates to Completed without any other change in tracker?
I don't know about the tracker but I got my exam email the day after my fingerprint request. My guess, like most things, is that every file is slightly different and the timing may be shorter or longer for different people.

Reactions: RPS92

macarson

Feb 7, 2019
Already in the spreadsheet. New activity below:

Test taken on Dec. 14 (20/20) not processed/approved yet.

Fingerprints received December 11 and background complete December 12 (Fingerprints were submitted on Nov. 24)

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
ideally the tracker should change to "citizenship test in progress" before you get the email. However there has been some glitches on the tracker so rely on email. Any way you can't start writing the test till you get the email.

BG Updates and test are independent, there has been cases where people get test invite with BG check being in-progress.

Hope this helps

Reactions: RPS92 and Nono16

Nono16

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
My opinion: Adding to what has been said in the above post, remember to check your spam mail. I waited for a week after my tracker was updated before I got the email with the link. ...and I didnt even get the test email till the date of the test opening window (dec 5th) and it came as a spam mail.

Reactions: RPS92

shinyjoshua

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
I passed the test on Friday but still can see the following in the tracker - It's normal, right?
"Your next steps (1)
Take the citizenship test"
When you say passed what do you mean? They give a temporary score after the test, but your status only changes to complete when the IRCC officer reviews your video. Which could take between a few days to months. So yes it’s normal. If there’s anything they’d need from you, they will email you. Hope this helps.

Egi_H

Dec 25, 2017
Tracker updated on Dec 16 with Test masked as Completed on Scarborough
Test invite on the tracker (range: Dec 9 - 29): Dec 6
Test invite email: Dec 7
Test taken: Dec 9
Tracker updated on Dec 16 with Test marked as Completed on Dec 12

Last edited:
Reactions: cjas

elbob

Star Member
Aug 31, 2013
Hey Admins,

I was surprised to see that Test Invite and Test Interview were updated to 16 and 18 December on my entry (elbob) in May excel sheet

Mistake me with someone else?

elbob

MacDeejay

Dec 19, 2022
Method: Online
Number of Applicants: Single
Application filed: May 13, 2022
BG update: Nov 8, 2022
Citizen test update: Dec 2, 2022
Ghost Update: Dec 16, 2022
Citizen test done: Dec 19, 2022
Citizen test completed: Waiting on you
Prohibitions completed: In progress
Physical Presence completed: In progress
Language completed: In progress
Citizenship ceremony: Not started

hallelujahbaby

Nov 14, 2022
Toronto
I passed the test on Friday but still can see the following in the tracker - It's normal, right?
"Your next steps (1)
Take the citizenship test"
New Update:

Dec 16: Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed. (Test taken on Dec 16, got updated on Dec 20)

Last edited:

unicorns

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Method: Online
Number of Applicants: Single
Application filed: May 5, 2022
BG update: Nov 4, 2022
Citizen test update: Dec 2, 2022
Ghost Update: Dec 16, 2022
Citizen test done: Dec 17, 2022
Citizen test completed: Waiting on you

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
A lot of movement on the tests recently. Does anyone have a guess of when to expect a ceremony invitation?

I say March 2023. Hopefully everything will be done within the 12-month mark, even though the official timeline is still 24 months on the website.