+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Nono16

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
If you received an e-mail with an Application number that you can use to track your application online using the online tracker, you already have AOR. AOR is "Acknowledgement of Receipt" - the email should have these words in the body. Let us know when you received this e-mail so we can update the spreadsheet. If you don't have this e-mail, it should could have gone into spam... Nothing to worry at this point since you are able to track your application online already. Your entry is in the May tab of the spread sheet (see my signature for spreadsheet link)

ECAS is available only for paper applicants. Since you are an online applicant, you only have access to the new tracker:
https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/
Thank you for responding. I haven't received any email with the acknowledgement words at all. I've checked my spam folder too. I reached out to them via the webform this morning but I got no response yet. I'm heading over to take a look at the spreadsheet now. Thanks again :)

BK1993

Feb 7, 2020
Hi Guys,

My Ecas status changed from in-process to decision made but no update.

How long does it take to get oath invite after that.

Thanks for your response.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
ECAS changed to Decision Made this morning. I last checked yesterday around 5 p.m.

Sherwan2022

Jun 21, 2022
Guys, any update from your side?

Since September 23:

Language skill: in progress
Physical Presence: In progress
citizenship test: Completed.
Background verification: completed.
prohibition: in progress
ceremony: Not started

Ghost update: October 07.

ECAS:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 13, 2022.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 8, 2022.
  3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 18, 2022.
  4. We started processing your application on July 4, 2022.
  5. We sent you correspondence on August 9, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

huynguyen

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Got update today!
Nov 24, 2022
Scheduled for Citizenship oath
Citizenship ceremony
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on November 24, 2022. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

Nov 8, 2022
Activity status updated: Citizenship oath
Citizenship ceremony.
Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress.