+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Sunny2049

Sep 10, 2022
I believe that paper applications are faster from the threads and from my own experience.
I sent my appointment on the 9 of May
AOR : JUN 9,2022
Background completed : Juin 29
Test invite : July 29 ( Test window July 31_ August 15)
Did my test on the 2 of August.
Test marked complete: August 3
Congratulations to you, paper applicants are being processed from what I see they aren’t processing any online application. Went back to all the threads all the way to January. N even the google drive. No movement in online applications. Firstly it’s very disappointing n second should one cancel the online application and send the paper one is the question.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Congratulations to you, paper applicants are being processed from what I see they aren’t processing any online application. Went back to all the threads all the way to January. N even the google drive. No movement in online applications. Firstly it’s very disappointing n second should one cancel the online application and send the paper one is the question.
If you have received your AOR canceling online application will mean fortifying the Processing fee ($530) and getting only right of citizenship fee ($100) back (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/refund.asp). That's a lot of money to lose and there is no guarantee that now if after all the waiting you do send a paper application it will go superfast.

Reactions: Sunny2049

Sunny2049

Sep 10, 2022
If you have received your AOR canceling online application will mean fortifying the Processing fee ($530) and getting only right of citizenship fee ($100) back (https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/refund.asp). That's a lot of money to lose and there is no guarantee that now if after all the waiting you do send a paper application it will go superfast.
Yes thank you for sharing the details, it is a lot of money, but considering my luck if I change my application to paper based application, there is 99% chance they will start processing online applications.. lol…. I really wanted to get this before the end of this year. Now with hardly any movement in online applications all the way from last years applications that ain’t going to happen unless for a miracle. Thank you. Guess I don’t have much choice but to wait. Very disappointing though they prioritize one form of applications over others. Good for people who got it though.

• Haha
Reactions: smash1984

Sunny2049

Sep 10, 2022
Good afternoon, I have applied via the online application, n I just discovered my case processing center is in Sydney. Any ideas as to how fast or slow they are processing the applications in Sydney? Got AOR on May 17th. Is Sydney a fast processing center? I read something about Sydney but can’t recall whether it’s a slow move or a quick one. Thank you.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Good afternoon, I have applied via the online application, n I just discovered my case processing center is in Sydney. Any ideas as to how fast or slow they are processing the applications in Sydney? Got AOR on May 17th. Is Sydney a fast processing center? I read something about Sydney but can’t recall whether it’s a slow move or a quick one. Thank you.
As a May2022 applicant, it would be wise to expect test invite in late Jan or Feb 2023 assuming processing at current speeds

rocky_143_20

Sep 11, 2022
Hi All,

I'm about to submit the paper application for me and my family and have one doubt about the color photocopies of passport pages. Do we need to send them all pages of passport in color or only Bio and Travel stamp pages? Each one of us have two passports during the last 5 years and if all needs to send then it will be too much pages.

Colour photocopy of all pages in your passport(s) or travel document(s) during your five (5) year eligibility period, including the biographical page which includes: name, photo, date and place of birth, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date.
• If your passport validity was extended, include a photocopy of the page(s) containing the extension stamp(s)
• If you do not have a travel document or passport, provide an explanation in question 14 of the application form

anyone can suggest?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All,

I'm about to submit the paper application for me and my family and have one doubt about the color photocopies of passport pages. Do we need to send them all pages of passport in color or only Bio and Travel stamp pages? Each one of us have two passports during the last 5 years and if all needs to send then it will be too much pages.

Colour photocopy of all pages in your passport(s) or travel document(s) during your five (5) year eligibility period, including the biographical page which includes: name, photo, date and place of birth, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date.
• If your passport validity was extended, include a photocopy of the page(s) containing the extension stamp(s)
• If you do not have a travel document or passport, provide an explanation in question 14 of the application form

anyone can suggest?
It's all pages of the passport.

Reactions: rocky_143_20

huynguyen

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
what's your timelines.
Physical Days:
Method: Paper
Applicants: Family of 3
Application sent: May 03, 2022
Delivered: May 05, 2022
AOR: May 24, 2022
Background verification status has been updated to Completed: June 28, 2022
Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress: July 28, 2022
Scheduled for citizenship test: July 29, 2022 (August 04 - 25, 2022)
Test done August 09, 2022: 15/20

Citizenship test updated to completed August 11, 2022
Language skills, Physical presence, Prohibitions are updated to completed: August 31, 2022
Citizenship ceremony: Not Started

Reactions: harry08

PRAHADEESH

Dec 11, 2016
Physical Days:
Method: Paper
Applicants: Family of 3
Application sent: May 03, 2022
Delivered: May 05, 2022
AOR: May 24, 2022
Background verification status has been updated to Completed: June 28, 2022
Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress: July 28, 2022
Scheduled for citizenship test: July 29, 2022 (August 04 - 25, 2022)
Test done August 09, 2022: 15/20

Citizenship test updated to completed August 11, 2022
Language skills, Physical presence, Prohibitions are updated to completed: August 31, 2022
Citizenship ceremony: Not Started
thank you

velayudhambio

Aug 6, 2015
How long does it take to complete BG after giving fingerprints ? We gave FP about a month back and there's no movement in the file since then. Should we check with ircc for status?

Leraaa@1952

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
Physical Days: 1116
Method: Online/paper based: Paper based
Applicants: Single/Family & Number of applicants: Family of 2 (adult and minor)
Application sent: May 04, 2022
Delivered: May 09, 2022
AOR: June 3, 2022
IP: June 3, 2022
Background verification completed: June 28, 2022
Test Invitation: July 29, 2022
Test date: August 1, 2022
Test completed in the system: August 3, 2022
ECAS Decision Made: September 14, 2022 (no updates in the account, only Background - completed, nothing else)

Reactions: Nonna2022