+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 - Citizenship Applications

joshitripti

Apr 3, 2017
Hi members, my Citizenship Test status was updated to In Progress on Aug 8, 2022. As per the new update I am Scheduled for Citizenship Test on Aug 12, 2022. I can take the test online between August 12, 2022 and September 1, 2022. My question is although my status is updated online on the website but I haven’t received any instructions or information through an email. I am not even sure how to confirm the date for the test. Do I need to wait for the email or is there anything that I need to do from my end? Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

harry08

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Hi Members, my Citizenship Test status was updated to In Progress on Aug 8, 2022. And as per the new update I am Scheduled for citizenship test on Aug 12, 2022. I can take the test online between August 12, 2022 and September 1, 2022. My question is although my status is updated online on the website but I haven’t received any instructions or information through an email. I am not even sure how to confirm the date for the test. Do I need to wait for the email or is there anything that I need to do from my end? Thank you in advance!
Emails in general come like a day after update on portal

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hi members, my Citizenship Test status was updated to In Progress on Aug 8, 2022. As per the new update I am Scheduled for Citizenship Test on Aug 12, 2022. I can take the test online between August 12, 2022 and September 1, 2022. My question is although my status is updated online on the website but I haven’t received any instructions or information through an email. I am not even sure how to confirm the date for the test. Do I need to wait for the email or is there anything that I need to do from my end? Thank you in advance!
You will receive the email closer to the start date of the test window, in any case, you don't need the email to take the test. You can log into the test website, As long as you're scheduled, it will let you take the test.

Reactions: smash1984

2018cecsep

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Thanks, I just received the finger print email nothing was updated in tracker only few ghost updates.
I think it is pretty normal. I got fingerprints email on July 6, and did it on July 7. The fingerprints request didn't update on tracker, I only got the email. I have two ghost updates in between though. I have background completed on August 9. So it probably take one month for IRCC to receive results from RCMP, verify them and update background check on tracker.

Reactions: harry08

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
I think it is pretty normal. I got fingerprints email on July 6, and did it on July 7. The fingerprints request didn't update on tracker, I only got the email. I have two ghost updates in between though. I have background completed on August 9. So it probably take one month for IRCC to receive results from RCMP, verify them and update background check on tracker.
Thanks for the information. I received the fingerprint email on last week and submitted on August 3rd. I got one ghost update the next day nothing updated on tracker.

did the request came from CPC sydney and did you receive test invite yet?

2018cecsep

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Thanks for the information. I received the fingerprint email on last week and submitted on August 3rd. I got one ghost update the next day nothing updated on tracker.

did the request came from CPC sydney and did you receive test invite yet?
Yes, it was from CPC-Sydney. I haven't received test invite. My tracker only has 2 application history, 1. Application filed 2.Background verification activity status updated. There is no update about fingerprints request on tracker (same as yours). So you should be fine, don't worry. Give IRCC a month, you should have background completed.

Reactions: manmoi31

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Yes, it was from CPC-Sydney. I haven't received test invite. My tracker only has 2 application history, 1. Application filed 2.Background verification activity status updated. There is no update about fingerprints request on tracker (same as yours). So you should be fine, don't worry. Give IRCC a month, you should have background completed.
Thanks :) Hopefully you will get the test invite soon as BG Completed.
Keep us updated

I applied online in Oct 2021 and process just started for me.

did you reply to the email saying fingerprints submitted or sent a webform?

I called them to let them know I submitted fingerprints.

2018cecsep

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Thanks :) Hopefully you will get the test invite soon as BG Completed.
Keep us updated

I applied online in Oct 2021 and process just started for me.

did you reply to the email saying fingerprints submitted or sent a webform?

I called them to let them know I submitted fingerprints.
No I didn't, I don't think it is necessary. As long as you followed the instruction they sent you on email.

Reactions: manmoi31