+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Oct 20, 2014
Paper application - family of 3. I and my wife received AOR today but minor son did not receive it. All three applications were sent in the same envelope. Is there any delay in receiving minors AOR or do I need to inquire with IRCC about minors application?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Why didn't you apply just by paper in that case?
I didn't know that IRCC was purposely delaying tackling online applications. Initially I had miscalculated for family and thought their application would be eligible in July. Turns out I was off by a couple of months.

Based on July I thought I can apply end of Feb and the 5 month head start should be enough for me to get a significantly quicker citizenship (I would like to be a Canadian citizen when I apply for work and hence the motivation to send it earlier).

Now still haven't decided whether to send paper one or not.

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Paper application - family of 3. I and my wife received AOR today but minor son did not receive it. All three applications were sent in the same envelope. Is there any delay in receiving minors AOR or do I need to inquire with IRCC about minors application?
Generally the emails hould follow one after the other...you should get it in a day or two I think.

Reactions: iceman55

iceman55

May 1, 2022
I didn't know that IRCC was purposely delaying tackling online applications. Initially I had miscalculated for family and thought their application would be eligible in July. Turns out I was off by a couple of months.

Based on July I thought I can apply end of Feb and the 5 month head start should be enough for me to get a significantly quicker citizenship (I would like to be a Canadian citizen when I apply for work and hence the motivation to send it earlier).

Now still haven't decided whether to send paper one or not.
I don't want to influence your decision since no one knows for sure what will happen. It's good you're at least spending time thinking about your course of action.

But people that are riled up by some of the rhetoric and instantly withdrew their months-old application to then apply on paper are probably not in a great spot.

I tried to assess the motive of some of the OPs by trying to understand how they filed their original application and whether they're planning to refile etc but I didn't get a response.

What also bothers me is the sensational nature of these posts where data is released in parts initially before the full link is posted - it's like the cable news. I feel for people that are waiting for years but at the end of the day, we're not here to get justice, we're here to get our applications processed and become citizens.

Given the fact IRCC is not allowed to provide opinions along with their ATIP response - they just have to provide the data requested even if they full well know it's going to be interpreted incorrectly. - I think folks need to take time to digest it properly before acting.

It's important to get the data out, I'm all for filing as many ATIP as people like but if it becomes like Costco checkout with people constantly switching lines after seeing the next line moving faster, it could end up slowing down everyone's application in the end. Also paper applicants will stop posting updates if it becomes more and more mob-like as it is the case in some of the threads.

You can go back to 2013 and read posts complaining about unfairness in processing but it eventually got a lot batter before breaking down post-COVID. I can completely understand people that already filed being in a dilemma but people filing after now should probably choose one method and stick with it, that's good for every participant of the system.

If we keep flooding an already clogged system with duplicate applications and withdrawals, at some point it's going to completely stop working. It's in all our interest to not let that happen.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I don't want to influence your decision since no one knows for sure what will happen. It's good you're at least spending time thinking about your course of action.

But people that are riled up by some of the rhetoric and instantly withdrew their months-old application to then apply on paper are probably not in a great spot.

I tried to assess the motive of some of the OPs by trying to understand how they filed their original application and whether they're planning to refile etc but I didn't get a response.

What also bothers me is the sensational nature of these posts where data is released in parts initially before the full link is posted - it's like the cable news. I feel for people that are waiting for years but at the end of the day, we're not here to get justice, we're here to get our applications processed and become citizens.

Given the fact IRCC is not allowed to provide opinions along with their ATIP response - they just have to provide the data requested even if they full well know it's going to be interpreted incorrectly. - I think folks need to take time to digest it properly before acting.

It's important to get the data out, I'm all for filing as many ATIP as people like but if it becomes like Costco checkout with people constantly switching lines after seeing the next line moving faster, it could end up slowing down everyone's application in the end. Also paper applicants will stop posting updates if it becomes more and more mob-like as it is the case in some of the threads.

You can go back to 2013 and read posts complaining about unfairness in processing but it eventually got a lot batter before breaking down post-COVID. I can completely understand people that already filed being in a dilemma but people filing after now should probably choose one method and stick with it, that's good for every participant of the system.

If we keep flooding an already clogged system with duplicate applications and withdrawals, at some point it's going to completely stop working. It's in all our interest to not let that happen.
I get your point and agree with most of it, hence my hesitation in sending out a paper application just yet. However, looking at the 2022 google doc the trend is unmistakeable. The only ones seem to be making quick progress are paper applicants (mostly families).

Secondly, I am not sure if the people who are going to go into the paper route due to this information will materially affect anyone. I am assuming that people don't read this forum in the tens of thousands (the ATIP thread specifically, not the whole forum) and so they will not be privy to this information.

I still need to think this through though. Because I sent my application on March 5th, its already approaching 4 month time in a couple of weeks. Will sending a paper application now really help? Is average processing time between paper and online applicants significantly greater than 4 months? I need to decide on this soon and take a call.

But I appreciate you laying down the above points to help clarify the issue.

Reactions: iceman55

rish_ind

Oct 31, 2012
Hey All,

do i need to mention non-immigration visa status in citizenship application?

Question(#13) in application is: "Do you currently or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country other than canada?(This includes your country of birth)

Please guide, thanks.

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Hey All,

do i need to mention non-immigration visa status in citizenship application?

Question(#13) in application is: "Do you currently or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country other than canada?(This includes your country of birth)

Please guide, thanks.
Yes, all statuses. Work, visitor and everything else.

Immigrant and non-immigrant are terms specific to US context to distinguish between those with temporary (visitor/student/exchange/worker etc) vs permanent resident (green card) status.

But for this question, IRCC wants to know every status you've ever held.

Reactions: rish_ind

joshitripti

Apr 3, 2017
Physical Days: 1325
Method: Paper
Number of Applicants: 1 (self)
Application sent: May 26, 2022
Delivered: June 02, 2022
AOR: June 17, 2022
IP: June 20, 2022

vakatendeka

Feb 13, 2017
Physical Days: 1300+
Method: Paper
Applicants: 2 adults
Application sent: May 5, 2022
Delivered: May 10, 2022
AOR: June 6, 2022
IP: June 7, 2022

rish_ind

Oct 31, 2012
Yes, all statuses. Work, visitor and everything else.

Immigrant and non-immigrant are terms specific to US context to distinguish between those with temporary (visitor/student/exchange/worker etc) vs permanent resident (green card) status.

But for this question, IRCC wants to know every status you've ever held.
Thanks for your answer : )