+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 - Citizenship Applications

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hello All,

Need help with a concern regarding Oath Ceremony. I am based at Calgary and Received In person oath request in Mississauga. Is there anybody faced the same situation. If I reschedule my oath now when can I expect next update? Below is my time line for reference.

Physical Days: 1190
Method: Online
Applicants: Single
Application sent: May 26, 2022
AOR: May 30, 2022
FP Request: November 26, 2022
FP Submitted: November 28, 2022
Background Complete: December 12, 2022
Test invite: January 12, 2023
Test taken: January 14, 2023
Test complete: January 16, 2023
Language, Physical Presence, and Prohibitions: Feb 10, 2023
Oath request: Feb 26, 2023
Oath Letter: February 28, 2023 ( In person at Mississauga for March 7, 2023 while I am based at Calgary )
Oh wow! That's unfortunate that they scheduled you for an in-person oath in Mississauga... Usually, rescheduling your oath does not guarantee you getting an oath in the next available slot and may take months... Did you move and they did not register the address change?

If it is not too expensive, would you be able to fly there and attend your ceremony? You'll get your Citizenship certificate right away after the ceremony since it is in-person.

If it is cost prohibitive or you are unable to travel, you might want to make sure you respond stating that you live in Calgary... However, there is no guarantee that you'll get the Virtual oath right away from Mississauga IRCC... they might chose to transfer your file to Calgary or Vancouver IRCC and you have to continue waiting... On the other hand you might get lucky and get another oath date scheduled in weeks - it's a chance you are going to have to take

Reactions: Nono16

Ssamant1

Jul 26, 2019
Update -
Application Online.
AOR-10th May 2022
Test Completed- 10th feb 2023
Waiting for Oath Invitation.
Test was sent from Scaroborough office.

Feb 28, 2023
I am planning to go to Mississauga keeping in mind time saved.
I applied from Calgary and never changed my address after application that what makes me feel weird.

Reactions: shiremag

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
not yet and I don't think it will
Med's Request
June 24, 2010 received July 7. 2010
Med's Done....
July 20, 2010 and cardio (sept/29)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2011 sent 01-Mar-2011 arrived @ F.E. 03-Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
Is anyone able to access the tracking page? when I try and after entering user/pwd it just sits there and does not show anything

mihirparker

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2017
AOR Received.
09-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
Is anyone able to access the tracking page? when I try and after entering user/pwd it just sits there and does not show anything
Yes same thing here, keeps loading but doesn't really load, I think because we are already scheduled for Oath.

• Wow
Reactions: cjas and eparker42

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
Hello

For those who have got your LPP (Language, Physcial Presences and Prohibitions) updated to become green: what time of the day did you see the update in your online status tracker:

Morning

Afternoon

Evevning

Is weekend also possible?

Thanks

Reactions: steinmaker2022
Jan 30, 2023
Hello

For those who have got your LPP (Language, Physcial Presences and Prohibitions) updated to become green: what time of the day did you see the update in your online status tracker:

Morning

Afternoon

Evevning

Thanks
From what I read earlier in the forum, the tracker is updated once a day in the morning based on Greenwich Mean Time (something like 4 AM). I typically checked in the morning Eastern time, but only on weekdays. Not sure if anyone else saw updates on weekends. I'll also say that the update for me occurred on Feb 28, but the timeline for LPP said Feb 24. So, I would expect that there is a multi-day lag in updates somewhere in the system too.

eparker42

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Hello

Morning

Afternoon

Evevning

Thanks
I have mostly seen update on my application on weekday mornings (LPP update was around 9am PST). However, Oath update came on a weekend though.

koiwa528

Aug 12, 2015
Hello

I would to share my experience while dealing with the IRCC call centre agents this morning regarding my citizenship application. I called them twice between 10 am and 12pm

First let me share my timeline and info below:

Office: Scarborough
Days of Residence: 1096 Days (Self-Calculation)
Type: Online/Single
Application Submitted: Jun 20th, 2022
AOR received: Jun 24, 2022
Background Verification Complete: Nov 25, 2022
Citizenship Test Test Invitation: January 20, 2023
Citizenship Test Taken: January 27, 2023
Citizenship Complete: January 30, 2023

Background:

I have become anxious and lost my patience since I completed the citizenship test, and just wish they could process my application asap.

Another reason is becuase I submitted my application right after meeting the 1095 days of residence (1096 days). Although I had checked multiple times to make sure there are no other foreign travel experiences that I had not included while calculating my days of residence (I just traveled to US one time for the two years since I became PR due to the Covid 19), I am now still anxious about that while if there could be any days of missing for no reasons....

Today is not my first time to call IRCC call centre that I have got some useful information these two times

1st Call:

The aganet was really helpful and she told me that my application is still in process for the LPP (Language Skills, Prohibitions and Physical Presence) as usual, BUT when I follow up on the physcial presence status, SHE TOLD ME SHE SAW SOME INTERNAL NOTES PROBABLY MADE BY THE OFFICIER AND SHE REPORTED ME TWO NUMBERS (1097 and 1104).

I WAS SURRISED SINCE BASED ON MY PERSONAL CALCULATION IT WAS 1096 DAYS, INSTEAD OF 1097. I am little bit confused why their calculation is different from mine, although it doesn't sound like something negative. I think 1104 should indicate the calendar date including my 7-day absence from CANADA which is also 1 day different from my personal calculation.

Then she told me that langauge and background verifications are still being processed, although background has been marked as complete since novemebr last year in my tracker.

I continued to ask her and she also told me all call centre agents should have access to see the notes left by the processing officer.

TO VERIFIY THE NUMBE OF DAYS OF RESIDENCE THE AGENT MENTIONED IN THE PHONE CALL, I MADE the 2nd try of calling IRCC.....

2nd Call

When I established the connection with another agent, I asked her if she could see any notes under the physcial presence section, but she told she could only see everything has yet started or just in process. I asked her again if she could see any number left by the officer but she said no.....

However, she told me my application was just assigned to an officer yesterday to process the LPP......

Reactions: cjas