+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2022 - Citizenship Applications

alibaba2021

Apr 28, 2021
Same timeline and no updates yet. Don't understand why does that applied in June are already getting test invites and other parts completed but May applicants are not getting updates
hey- may i ask you which area are you from? I am a April applicant, nothing YET, not even background check or anything

felixchung

Sep 30, 2016
Hong Kong
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
02-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
File Transfer...
11-03-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Background Check completed: Nov 21!

anuraagmishra

Jun 6, 2017
May 25, 2022 - Application Accepted
Nov 17, 2022 - Background verification completed
Dec 1, 2022 - Test Date email
Dec 5 - 25 - Test Schedule
Dec 8 - Test Taken (19/20) - One question as so darn specific that I felt it had to be FALSE. Guess unless obvious its mostly TRUE.
Email came from - IRCC.WestCitizenshipEApp-EappOUESTCitoyennete.IRCC@cic.gc.ca (not sure what centre is this one.

Last Update on website - Nov 30, 2022.

Not sure when the next stages will activate. I have seen some posts where sending email to the oath ceremony email seems to expedite the process. Anyone heard otherwise or tricks to speed this up.

Also, I plan some international travel end of Feb / Mar - Do you think that is risky based on when citizenship is granted and I can replace my current passport for Canadian passport?

Reactions: may2019 and sahibo

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Dec 8 - Test Taken (19/20) - One question as so darn specific that I felt it had to be FALSE. Guess unless obvious its mostly TRUE.
Email came from - IRCC.WestCitizenshipEApp-EappOUESTCitoyennete.IRCC@cic.gc.ca (not sure what centre is this one.

Not sure when the next stages will activate. I have seen some posts where sending email to the oath ceremony email seems to expedite the process. Anyone heard otherwise or tricks to speed this up.

Also, I plan some international travel end of Feb / Mar - Do you think that is risky based on when citizenship is granted and I can replace my current passport for Canadian passport?
Was this an online application? You can always try to call or email to "speed things up" the worst that can happen is they ignore or say no. You can travel whenever you want, just be prepared to come back for the oath, they are moving most oath ceremonies to in-person. Not sure I understand your question about replacing your passport with a Canadian one. If I were to guess I would say if you are from a country that doesn't accept dual citizenship then you have to look at threads on this site that discusses it or check your country's embassy website.

anuraagmishra

Jun 6, 2017
Was this an online application? You can always try to call or email to "speed things up" the worst that can happen is they ignore or say no. You can travel whenever you want, just be prepared to come back for the oath, they are moving most oath ceremonies to in-person. Not sure I understand your question about replacing your passport with a Canadian one. If I were to guess I would say if you are from a country that doesn't accept dual citizenship then you have to look at threads on this site that discusses it or check your country's embassy website.
Update: Yes this was an online application.

Thanks. I just this that this morning. No harm is sending out a message to see if that helps!?!
My current country does not allow dual citizenship so I am not aware how the passport surrender and new passport request process will work. Also, the day I take my oath, I assume legally I would be deemed a Canadian Citizen and all documents from my current country would cease to be accepted a being legal. Not sure how that works!? Anyways I shall fish around and update this thread as well if I find something.

Last edited:

alibaba2021

Apr 28, 2021
Most oath ceremonies are still virtual, it will be a decade if they move it back to in person. such is the backlog

baltzly

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Hi friends, I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can shed some light on this: I did my test this Monday and this morning tracker shows test completed, but when I logged in to the tracker, it shows 4 new updates, but I only saw one new update (test completed). Does anyone have the same experience and know why is this?

Rorosgurl

Jan 5, 2014
london ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
October 12th 2013
AOR Received.
October 17th 2013
File Transfer...
December 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
September 6th 2013

What was the question?

firstax

Dec 8, 2018