Yup! Hubby is from India
Application received: May 4th
Aor: 16th June
Biometrics request: 17th june
Medical done: June 23rd
Medical passed: June 26th
In processing 2: June 29th
No updates after :(

There are couple of people here who got their application received after may 10 and got their PPR.
No idea how this whole immigration thing works

Dude006

Nov 28, 2020
hello guys,
I have one question..
I already put spouse pr file. that after as a sponsor do I must need have any require amount fo bank balance in my bank account? and if its than how much do I need ? and when until I need to keep it ?

Thanks in advance..

JayMay21

Nov 4, 2021
There are couple of people here who got their application received after may 10 and got their PPR.
No idea how this whole immigration thing works
We have not heard anything back after AOR which we got on June 16 , is this normal too?

Last edited:

CV.

Nov 6, 2021
Hi Members!

We got the PPR yesterday Nov 5th. Timeline is in the googlesheet under username CV.

However, I have a confusion regarding where to send the passport as the PA is in USA and the PPR is addressed from NDVO. The PPR states the following regarding submitting passport if you are overseas.
"
A) To submit your package while overseas:

Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee.

For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details, please visit:

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/
"

Surprisingly, when you visit the link it doesn't show the USA vfs office details. We have used USA vfs services in past for visitor visa. So, I called up the ircc helpline and the person was very confused with my query. He essentially told me that PA need not travel to India to get COPR and visa stamped and she can send the Passport to Ottawa at the 365 Laurier Avenue West address. My wife (PA) called up the NY vfs office and they have told her that due to covid they had stopped accepting documents, but now they are accepting and the website is still not updated. She was also told she can send docs to NY vfs.

Now we have 3 options
A) Send passport and docs to Ottawa as per the confused IRCC person even though the PPR doesn't mention the word "Ottawa" at all like older PPR's.
B) Send passport and docs to vfs NY as per the VFS person even though it is not on vfs website.
C) Go to India on a short notice and get it done at NDVO which is inconvenient and expensive at this time of the year.

I seek advise and help here from seniors as well as someone who is/was in a similar situation and how you handled it.

Thanks a lot
CV

Rsk123

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hello guys,
VFS india asks to attach the PPR letter for passport pickup. We haven't received any PPR letter. We only received Direct email asking for passport with all instructions.
Can we submit that email? Or do we have to wait for some kind of PPR letter?
Thank you.

CV.

Nov 6, 2021
Hello guys,
VFS india asks to attach the PPR letter for passport pickup. We haven't received any PPR letter. We only received Direct email asking for passport with all instructions.
Can we submit that email? Or do we have to wait for some kind of PPR letter?
Thank you.
That email is enough.