+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi @Scarpetta , did you receive your "Decision Made" through ECAS? or are there going to be changes in status in GCKEY as well?
Hey. No, I only see it in the online tool, not in the GCKey account, so we're not even sure when it appeared. We've had no updates since.

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Hey. No, I only see it in the online tool, not in the GCKey account, so we're not even sure when it appeared. We've had no updates since.
Got it. Thank you. So the DM in ECAS does not have a date same as like the Line 2 that says when they started processing the application?

But I was also wondering why you don't have a PPR yet, if you already have DM in ECAS. I was thinking your GCKEY statuses should have been updated already at this point, or at least you received a PPR already. Although I've read, GCKEY statuses would only change once visa is stamped in your passport or COPR is sent. Here's to hoping you'll receive it soon. Regards,

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Got it. Thank you. So the DM in ECAS does not have a date same as like the Line 2 that says when they started processing the application?

But I was also wondering why you don't have a PPR yet, if you already have DM in ECAS. I was thinking your GCKEY statuses should have been updated already at this point, or at least you received a PPR already. Although I've read, GCKEY statuses would only change once visa is stamped in your passport or COPR is sent. Here's to hoping you'll receive it soon. Regards,
Ohh, don't get me started..:) After more than a month with the DM status we recently got hold of the IRCC on the phone (cause I started questioning whether or not this DM is even correct, since it was only reflected in the online tool and not the GCKey). They said yes, you have a decision, and no, we can't tell you anything else (like, what's happening, why the delay, and how long the wait for the PPR is expected to be).
So we just have to wait, I suppose. Rant over :)

Line two in my case reads 14-07-2021 (which is when they started processing the additional PC they had requested of me). I first noticed the DM on 04-08-2021, so this is the date I use for my own reference, but it could have been even earlier and I wouldn't have known since I mainly check the GCKey one. The last line currently just says they received my medical (which was 1,5 months ago).

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Ohh, don't get me started..:) After more than a month with the DM status we recently got hold of the IRCC on the phone (cause I started questioning whether or not this DM is even correct, since it was only reflected in the online tool and not the GCKey). They said yes, you have a decision, and no, we can't tell you anything else (like, what's happening, why the delay, and how long the wait for the PPR is expected to be).
So we just have to wait, I suppose. Rant over :)

Line two in my case reads 14-07-2021 (which is when they started processing the additional PC they had requested of me). I first noticed the DM on 04-08-2021, so this is the date I use for my own reference, but it could have been even earlier and I wouldn't have known since I mainly check the GCKey one. The last line currently just says they received my medical (which was 1,5 months ago).
Oh yeah, I can still feel your frustration of just wanting to know what's happening, but they would not tell you. :) But yeah, if they said it was a legitimate DM, then at least you knew. haha. I don't want to assume as well, but they asked for Medical right after pre-arrival, so that must have been good news too. Anyhow, just like everybody else, we all have to patiently wait.

Got it with the ECA status, so just a change in status in the PA column, but no status updates in the ECA line updates.

Thanks!

Reactions: Scarpetta

Fieldy

Jun 23, 2021
Pre-arrival letter tonight just when I was thinking it had been ages since any movement. Still no medical request but that seems to be the way it goes in terms of the random order of things.

Shukaib Ahmed

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
Pre-arrival letter tonight just when I was thinking it had been ages since any movement. Still no medical request but that seems to be the way it goes in terms of the random order of things.
i think it is not we called " ages" please see around those who applied in 2020 and still did not get any movement. so be thankful that you are way faster than others :). and congratulation for pre arrival soon you will get medical request i think .......and best of luck for the future.

Fieldy

Jun 23, 2021
i think it is not we called " ages" please see around those who applied in 2020 and still did not get any movement. so be thankful that you are way faster than others :). and congratulation for pre arrival soon you will get medical request i think .......and best of luck for the future.
Just an expression in England, i realise ive been very fortunate with my timeline to date, especially given the pandemic.

All the best to you too :)

Reactions: Shukaib Ahmed

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
@Scarpetta I called IRCC today and call connected to an agent but she said they restricted access to the Spousal file. Is is true? When you called them, were they provided answers to your questions?
I got the same answer. They said they dont have access to spousal sponsorship and are only working on afghan applications.

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
@canuck90 @sachinsoman1988 oh wow, didn't think it was quite as bad..this is just solving one problem while creating a backlog in another place. Also - really makes me wonder now what it means for all of us..
My husband first called them in August, before the peak of the Afghan crisis, and he was told that the access to my file was restricted to him, as we didn't formally appoint him as a representative. We called them next time together (I think it was on the 07 or 08 of September), and they did speak to us, albeit they didn't sound particularly keen. I suppose this means things have changed from last week, in terms of their processing capacity.

wsidd

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Has anyone here applied Outland while living in Canada family class?

If so, what did you put for form imm1344, Q6 on where PA resides? Did you put PA is living in Canada or outside of Canada? Did you have your application returned or have received aor?

A few people, including a May applicant, recently got their app returned for selecting "living inside Canada" even though on the document checklist they chose option "living inside Canada and applying under family class." They were told they should have said "living outside Canada" even though they identified "living in Canada" on the checklist.

Can anyone make any sense of this?