Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I have been checking many trackers for the sponsorship applications and I can say that 75% (if not more) are for India. how come guys? and I am only talking about sponsorship applications only, what about other immigration categories? I am just wondering
Oh yeah, east Indians are smart and they know sponsorship is better and easy than going through all the stress and hustles of temporary resident permit, to study permit, to work permit, to eta, to visitors visa and which took me 10 years of my life before getting PR so they would rather use just a year to get the PR through sponsorship....If I had any family in Canada, like I would have opted to be sponsored and wait for the 1 year and not 10 years....so what they are doing is smartness....but others also don't have the choice and they are all good experience....Also, their population is more...so sponsorship will bring some while other categories brings others...A good strategy.

Last edited:

QuebecCSQ

Aug 10, 2021
did anyone notice that the London (UK) VO is very slow in processing sponsorship applications when the PA is not in UK?

Romesha

Aug 5, 2019
Hi everyone...I am kinda on the fence and don't know what to do, I sent in my application on 15 Sep 2019.
I have received an email to proved that the relationship is real and that my children are mine via a DNA test by a lab that they choose ... I have paid for the DNA test and was told that an email will be sent with the date and time that they could go... that was in august 2020 and now its 20201 and still no email... I have called but they keep telling me the lab is not open... I am fed up and tired .. what should I do?...ps my dependants are in jamaica and I am in Canada

QuebecCSQ

Aug 10, 2021
Hi everyone...I am kinda on the fence and don't know what to do, I sent in my application on 15 Sep 2019.
I have received an email to proved that the relationship is real and that my children are mine via a DNA test by a lab that they choose ... I have paid for the DNA test and was told that an email will be sent with the date and time that they could go... that was in august 2020 and now its 20201 and still no email... I have called but they keep telling me the lab is not open... I am fed up and tired .. what should I do?...ps my dependants are in jamaica and I am in Canada
Try to apply for temporary visa for your famiy

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Get a lawyer in such cases...Almsot 3 years is too long!

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
It seems to me your concern is with the DNA test lab provider. Why did you wait for a year though, do you mean to say the lab was closed from Aug 2020 until now? It could be, but you should have sent a message (thru webform) to IRCC about the circumstance, like say after 1-3 months or so, so IRCC could have advised you what direction/alternatives to take, and not until now that its over a year. I am just thinking that IRCC might have referred you to another lab, if the lab they referred to initially is not open. Again, it's just an assumption and just a comparison, for example in cases of scheduling issues of biometric and medical due to COVID.

It's not too late to still send a message or to call IRCC about the circumstance, so you'll get a direction from them. Hopefully you can still refund the fees that you paid for the lab, if IRCC will refer you to another one. I just think it's weird how the lab could not have operated for 1 year, even if there are Covid restrictions.

Last edited:

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Just a thought. Is this ongoing Canada Election would have an effect on the processing of sponsorships or immigration as a whole? What if there’s a change in government from the Liberals to Conservative or the NDP? Would processing be affected or paused due to changes in policies? I was just wondering how it was in 2015, for example, when it was actually the last time, a change of government happened.

yournamehere

Aug 27, 2021
Hi everyone! I just received my passport request. Currently, our application is in process in the Manila visa office. I'm Filipino citizen sponsored by a Canadian citizen. But just wondering because it said in the passport request letter that I have to send it to VAC New York. Is it okay to send it to the VFS office here in Cebu, Philippines instead so it's less complicated and it's my local VAC or do I really need to send it to VAC New York as instructed? I went to VFS today and they read the letter and said that I can do either way but I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Also noting that we didn't receive the letter in my IRCC account yet but we got it through email. Thank you so much!

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi everyone! I just received my passport request. Currently, our application is in process in the Manila visa office. I'm Filipino citizen sponsored by a Canadian citizen. But just wondering because it said in the passport request letter that I have to send it to VAC New York. Is it okay to send it to the VFS office here in Cebu, Philippines instead so it's less complicated and it's my local VAC or do I really need to send it to VAC New York as instructed? I went to VFS today and they read the letter and said that I can do either way but I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Also noting that we didn't receive the letter in my IRCC account yet but we got it through email. Thank you so much!
Timeline please....how did it all start!! Call them first and get more clarity before losing your passport

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Timeline please....how did it all start!! Call them first and get more clarity before losing your passport
On that subject..has anyone been able to get through to IRCC on the phone lately? We've been trying every day for a week, but they appear to have a resource shortage due to the situation in Afghanistan, and there seems to be no way to get through to an agent..

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
I don't think you should send to VO New York, if your local VO is there in PH. But, it's best you contact VO in New York, to let them know that you will instead send your passport to your local VO, of course explaining your circumstance and why. I don't think there would be an issue, as you already talked to your local VO as well. What's important, I believe, is the letter that clearly states that your passport is already requested for stamping.

And yes, please share your timeline as well, for reference of your processing times. Thanks!

yournamehere

Aug 27, 2021
PA applying from Philippines. Sponsor is Canadian citizen spouse.
Timeline:
  • Application received on April 2021
  • Application started June 7 2021.
  • Medical done in June 2021.
  • Biometrics done in July 2021.
  • Sent ADR August 12 2021.
  • Pre-arrival letter received on August 13, 2021.
  • Passport request letter received via my email on Aug 27, 2021. Asking to send passport to Visa Application Centre – New York.
We tried calling the VAC-New York but they just said to contact IRCC. We also went to the VFS office here in my city and they informed us that it works either way. But we just want to make sure that we're following the proper instructions to avoid delays or as you mentioned losing my passport.

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Timeline:
  • Passport request letter received via my email on Aug 27, 2021. Asking to send passport to Visa Application Centre – New York.
We tried calling the VAC-New York but they just said to contact IRCC. We also went to the VFS office here in my city and they informed us that it works either way. But we just want to make sure that we're following the proper instructions to avoid delays or as you mentioned losing my passport.
If you can go to your local visa office (since you said you went there), and they would accept your passport, and would be willing to process the visa stamping, then that resolves the issue. Your passport would not get lost, since you don't have to send it by mail.

What's important in this final step, is for your passport to get stamped. If your local VO can assure that they can process that, then that answers the issue.

You can also try sending a message to IRCC thru webform just to let them know of the circumstance and maybe directly ask them for a direction. If you're not in a hurry, then you can wait for their correspondence before doing anything.

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Timeline:
Is not even up to 4 month! This is amazing!!!

Sachin_713

Aug 18, 2021
Since most of you already passed biometric stage, a quick question I had:
Is there any other document I need to carry with me during my biometric enrolement appointment?
Here I listed the documents I am carrying:
1. Biometric Instruction Letter - IMM5756
2. Email from VFS confirming the details of my appointment
3. VFS consent form (2 copies)
4. Passport