+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

eb.hans

Jul 8, 2021
"Added" you mean is merely reporting or updating your status as married, in your passport renewal application. That should not be an issue, if you are just renewing your passport. Your wife's name will not appear or be "added" in your passport, as it it is your own passport, and in this case, will not affect your wife's spousal sponsorship.
Bro as I said it is mandatory to add my wife name.
Bdw my wife is sponser and I am primary applicant.
Adding my wife name on my passport couldn’t make any issue

Scarpetta

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Category........
FAM
Does anyone have experience with submitting additional documents through the webform?

I am sponsoring my husband and he was asked for updated police clearances right away when our application was opened on June 16th. We submitted the documents in July via the Webform and received the following confirmation from IRCC that they received the documents on July 29th:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.​
We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).​
We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.​
Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process...​
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.​

Our GCKey is still saying Additional Documents Needed so I am wondering if there's a problem or if the VO hasn't attached the documents to the file yet. Anyone experience something similar?
I don't know if this helps at all, but I was also immediately requested to provide an updated police certificate, which I did via the webform at the end of June. My GCKey still says that they are reviewing the additional documents I provided (this appeared on 14-07-2021 and is still there). The online tool only talks about them having sent me the request for additional documents, and nothing about them having actually received them (but we know from the GCKey that they did).
We called IRCC automated line today, and it says that "they are checking if I meet eligibility requirements and processing background check", nothing more specific, unfortunately.
I think it is more likely that your GCKey is not updated, but if you are very worried then maybe try calling them and speaking to an agent? Or maybe the online tool has anything helpful (if you haven't checked it already?).
Good luck and I hope it gets sorted out soon.

aman35

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi, We have received a Request for the biometrics and Biometric instruction letter is valid till Mid of Sept. However, If I check available slots within my country (India) there is no slot available before October. What shall we do?
Application type is - PR Family class Spouse living outside canada

aman35

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Carefully follow the steps from this link to link to your GCKEY account.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/

Use the link below to check updates using ECAS. Use the application number as reference, and use the sponsor's info, if you want to check the SA status/approval.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
Thank you so much. I am able to link application of PA to her account only after receiving BIL. As it has both UCI and file number. However, still not sure how to attach Sponsor application.
one more thing, We have received a Request for the biometrics and Biometric instruction letter is valid till Mid of Sept. However, If I check available slots within my country (India) there is no slot available before October. What shall we do?

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
Thank you so much. I am able to link application of PA to her account only after receiving BIL. As it has both UCI and file number. However, still not sure how to attach Sponsor application.
one more thing, We have received a Request for the biometrics and Biometric instruction letter is valid till Mid of Sept. However, If I check available slots within my country (India) there is no slot available before October. What shall we do?
Raise a web form and ask for an extension with the explanation. You should be okay.

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
As I stated on the previous message, use the ECA to check for status of SA. Use the application number, instead of the UCI as a reference, and use the details of the sponsor instead of the PA. That should give you a status of the SA as well as the PA.

Reactions: aman35

aman35

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
As I stated on the previous message, use the ECA to check for status of SA. Use the application number, instead of the UCI as a reference, and use the details of the sponsor instead of the PA. That should give you a status of the SA as well as the PA.
Can you please also suggest something on challenge we are facing with Biometrics ?

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Can you please also suggest something on challenge we are facing with Biometrics ?
Our team here already said that you can send a webform to ask for an extension. You can also read previous conversations in these same forum that would tell you to do the same. I also believe it would not be an issue if it would be beyond the 30 days as prescribed, since IRCC understands the restrictions brought about by the pandemic. Get a schedule as early as you can, but submit a webform just to update to IRCC of the circumstance.

Reactions: armoured

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Exactly. But she still need to renew (with current last name) her passport though, if it will expire in 5 months. Hopefully she'll get it renewed as soon as possible, just in time for visa stamping in the near future.
I think in matters like this, one got to be proactive and why would you wait for your passport to be expired in 1 year or 6 month before dealing with Immigration issues. Let's say the application delays after 5 month, what would you do? Just do what you think would be best but just don't complicate things for yourself and IRCC else, they will delay things for you....

eb.hans

Jul 8, 2021
we
I think in matters like this, one got to be proactive and why would you wait for your passport to be expired in 1 year or 6 month before dealing with Immigration issues. Let's say the application delays after 5 month, what would you do? Just do what you think would be best but just don't complicate things for yourself and IRCC else, they will delay things for you....
HI..

My wife is sponse and I am primary applicant. My medical and bm done. My passport expires within 5 months. If I renew passport, my status vl changed to married and i hv to my wife name on my passport as it is mandatory. But herr name will be added with my name. Does it make any issue?

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
we

HI..

My wife is sponse and I am primary applicant. My medical and bm done. My passport expires within 5 months. If I renew passport, my status vl changed to married and i hv to my wife name on my passport as it is mandatory. But herr name will be added with my name. Does it make any issue?
[QUOTE="eb.hans, post:

Like seriously, you want to add your wife's name on your passport for your status to be changed to married....Come on, you are the man and it doesn't matter whether your wife is the sponsor....She should rather bear your name and not you the male bearing her name....I'm not sure if I totally understand what you trying to communicate here.....but men don't bear women's name for immigration or marriage purposes....Come again and let me understand you clear because that does not work[/QUOTE]

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
we

HI..

Are you a male or female.....And are you an husband man or a what? You don't need to do anything to your passport.....Don't change anything about your name....In 5 month time if your application is not approved....You will still or can ask immigration for extension or you can apply immediately now to renew your passport and do nothing to it....Your name must and should stay the same......You just need to change the marital status from single to married and if anybody should change the name it should be your wife who is the sponsor in Canada and should bear your maiden or surname as the man of the house..You don't to do anything but just renew your passport but let immigration know your story that your passport is about to expire so you going to renew it....
And when you applying, use your wife's address in Canada to receive it....depending on how long it takes so you meet the passport in Canada but you will still need it to be sent to you quickly and but bear in mind it might delay your immigration issues

Last edited:

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
@armoured Initially file was transferred to Ottawa from Sydney and now the agent confirmed it’s again transferred to New Delhi. I remember usually two visa officers work on file (One in Canada & other in VO) especially for eligibility. I believe that's the reason for transfer? How about security and criminality? Does it initiated by CPC-Sydney or local VO?