Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Here is my timeline Progression
1.Application sent on April 13, 2021_canada post to sydney
2.Application returned on May 26, 2021 because we forgot to sign IMM0008 with ink
3.We signed and returned Application on May 27th, 2021 but due to the holiday, Application delayed and received on May 31, 2021
4.IRCC started working on my wife's file on July 26, 2021and received AOR
5.SA approved on July 27th ,2021
6.Application transfered to visa office on August 3, 2021
7.PA Application started in process on August 9th
8.We already did our medicals,Police Report and passed security and clearance in February 4th, 2021. My wife did her Biometric in 2020 when we tried applying for visitors visa and work permit for her but was refused in October, 2020...And I applied again for the second time visitors visa, work permit(using a law firm) and PR and 3 applications for her are in process
9......Still waiting

Last edited:
Reactions: KATHIA08

eb.hans

Jul 8, 2021
Hi team,

I Have one questions.

I have applied for permanent residence application ( family class - Spouse ) and my medical and biometric done, but my passport due to expire in 5 months.
If I renew passport and add spouse name on my passport, will it be any issue?

Penny.a

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Hi team,

I Have one questions.

I have applied for permanent residence application ( family class - Spouse ) and my medical and biometric done, but my passport due to expire in 5 months.
If I renew passport and add spouse name on my passport, will it be any issue?
Well, I would suggest you wait. You may get your PPR and CoPR before it expires. When you finally join your spouse you can work on it. Changing the name will sound well afterwards. But if you do so now I feel it will delay your application. They'll have to work on two different names, it's quite confusing alright?

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
Well, I would suggest you wait. You may get your PPR and CoPR before it expires. When you finally join your spouse you can work on it. Changing the name will sound well afterwards. But if you do so now I feel it will delay your application. They'll have to work on two different names, it's quite confusing alright?
Nope. When submitting Passport for stamping visa, it has to be minimum validity of 6 months. So I suggest you to renew the passport and submit through web form. There won't be any delay to application and Spouse name can be added without any issue (unless changing your name).

Reactions: nik_on

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Nope. When submitting Passport for stamping visa, it has to be minimum validity of 6 months. So I suggest you to renew the passport and submit through web form. There won't be any delay to application and Spouse name can be added without any issue (unless changing your name).
If I understand it correctly, she will be changing her last name to her husband's last name. If the application started with her last name (before getting married - Maiden name), then her application is being processed under that maiden name. If she renews her passport and adapts her husbands last name, then you are now dealing with two different last names, and also remember, that in the application you are specifically asked what travel document you will be using, which also contains your current legal name. This may well affect the background checks, therefore may cause further delay in the processing.

I hope others with the same or similar experience weigh in or share their experience as well. I may have a similar case, since my wife wanted to renew/replace her passport (not expired yet) to adapt my last name, but since passport renewals these days are taking longer than usual due to effect of COVID lockdowns/restriction on embassy services, we decided not to renew/replace it yet, and use her existing passport, and will just worry to change her last name, once she land in Canada.

I suggest, @eb.hans, that you renew your passport right away, since you will be needing a valid (at least 6 months) travel document for you to travel/land in Canada, but don't bother changing the last name yet, as it may complicate the application and may cause delay in the processing.

Penny.a

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
If I understand it correctly, she will be changing her last name to her husband's last name. If the application started with her last name (before getting married - Maiden name), then her application is being processed under that maiden name. If she renews her passport and adapts her husbands last name, then you are now dealing with two different last names, and also remember, that in the application you are specifically asked what travel document you will be using, which also contains your current legal name. This may well affect the background checks, therefore may cause further delay in the processing.

I hope others with the same or similar experience weigh in or share their experience as well. I may have a similar case, since my wife wanted to renew/replace her passport (not expired yet) to adapt my last name, but since passport renewals these days are taking longer than usual due to effect of COVID lockdowns/restriction on embassy services, we decided not to renew/replace it yet, and use her existing passport, and will just worry to change her last name, once she land in Canada.

I suggest, @eb.hans, that you renew your passport right away, since you will be needing a valid (at least 6 months) travel document for you to travel/land in Canada, but don't bother changing the last name yet, as it may complicate the application and may cause delay in the processing.
Exactly, so my husband suggested that I can get a new passport with his name when I land in Canada. Doing so will complicate things and cause delay in the process.

Reactions: Huntingwhale

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Exactly, so my husband suggested that I can get a new passport with his name when I land in Canada. Doing so will complicate things and cause delay in the process.
Exactly. But she still need to renew (with current last name) her passport though, if it will expire in 5 months. Hopefully she'll get it renewed as soon as possible, just in time for visa stamping in the near future.

aman35

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Not 100% sure now, but I think that there's one "1" missing before the 0. Maybe the options have changed.
After you give your year of birth and confirm it with "1" listen to the entire message. I'm pretty sure they say that you gotta press "1" to check status and then you have options to hear the options again, go back to the previous menu or press 0 to be transferred to an agent.
Thank you for your help.
Fortunately, I have received email stating file number. Now I am unable to attach PA's application to PA's account? After how many days of this email you link application to PA's CIC account? Is there any way to check status of sponsor's application or can it be linked to account?

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Thank you for your help.
Fortunately, I have received email stating file number. Now I am unable to attach PA's application to PA's account? After how many days of this email you link application to PA's CIC account? Is there any way to check status of sponsor's application or can it be linked to account?
Carefully follow the steps from this link to link to your GCKEY account.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-link-an-application-to-cic-account-step-by-step-instruction.619724/

Use the link below to check updates using ECAS. Use the application number as reference, and use the sponsor's info, if you want to check the SA status/approval.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

eb.hans

Jul 8, 2021

Thank you for ur reply. But my wife is sponser and I am primary applicant.

In this case what should I do? Should I add the my wife name in my passport with my name ?

ntib

Aug 17, 2021
Does anyone have experience with submitting additional documents through the webform?

I am sponsoring my husband and he was asked for updated police clearances right away when our application was opened on June 16th. We submitted the documents in July via the Webform and received the following confirmation from IRCC that they received the documents on July 29th:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.​
We are pleased to confirm reception of the document(s).​
We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.​
Furthermore, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process...​
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.​

Our GCKey is still saying Additional Documents Needed so I am wondering if there's a problem or if the VO hasn't attached the documents to the file yet. Anyone experience something similar?

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Thank you for ur reply. But my wife is sponser and I am primary applicant.

In this case what should I do? Should I add the my wife name in my passport with my name ?
Now it's confusing. What do you mean when you said that you want to add your wife's name in your passport? That is your own passport, what does your wife have to do with that? It contains your name and all, not your wife's name. Passports does not even say if your single or married.

eb.hans

Jul 8, 2021
Now it's confusing. What do you mean when you said that you want to add your wife's name in your passport? That is your own passport, what does your wife have to do with that? It contains your name and all, not your wife's name. Passports does not even say if your single or married.
While filling form for renew passport application, it asked whether you are single or married and if married, spouse name should be added as on passport, it is mandatory.

MBTS

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
While filling form for renew passport application, it asked whether you are single or married and if married, spouse name should be added as on passport, it is mandatory.
"Added" you mean is merely reporting or updating your status as married, in your passport renewal application. That should not be an issue, if you are just renewing your passport. Your wife's name will not appear or be "added" in your passport, as it it is your own passport, and in this case, will not affect your wife's spousal sponsorship.