+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

aman35

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
They can look up using your UCI or the receipt number (from fees paid). You can use the receipt number to check ECAS status. It will show up if the file is under review.
I tried calling CIC. Enetred my UCI using options and at the end it asks for File number which we don't have. Used "https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas" to check application status with a Receipt number. I entered number from payment receipt and sponsor details. It show me your application does not exist.

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
I tried calling CIC. Enetred my UCI using options and at the end it asks for File number which we don't have. Used "https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas" to check application status with a Receipt number. I entered number from payment receipt and sponsor details. It show me your application does not exist.
Then it's likely that your application is waiting to be picked by the officer. Try sending a web form and you might get a response.

aman35

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Then it's likely that your application is waiting to be picked by the officer. Try sending a web form and you might get a response.
Any suggestions about what should be asked? my only concern is We did not hear anything from past 2 months. Not even AOR. Worried, question delay can have any impact on application?

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
Any suggestions about what should be asked? my only concern is We did not hear anything from past 2 months. Not even AOR. Worried, question delay can have any impact on application?
Are you a June applicant? When did you submit and received at CIC? Check the tracker to see the trend lines.

Reactions: aman35

nik_on

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Ontario
I have a quick query. I have filed Spouse visa for my wife and file type is outland. I have not heard anything from past 2 months. Now I am concerned. Anything I can do to check the status of file ?
Also, Can I file visitor visa for my wife until her PR file is in progress?
On the TRV or visitor visa topic, you might want to go through this link from IRCC:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2020-dual-intent.html

They have provisioned something called "Dual intent" consideration if your file has completed first step for PR process (Sponsorship eligibility).

michalm

Star Member
Jan 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Not necessarily. I spoke with IRCC today, I'm June 3 applicant with no AOR yet. They told me that my file was opened and the started the data entry process and that I still have to wait patiently.
He said that I won't be able to link neither to gckey nor ecas till I get the AOR. File's open and being processed.

aman35

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Not necessarily. I spoke with IRCC today, I'm June 3 applicant with no AOR yet. They told me that my file was opened and the started the data entry process and that I still have to wait patiently.
He said that I won't be able to link neither to gckey nor ecas till I get the AOR. File's open and being processed.
how Did you manage to talk to them? which number u tried? I tried one ending with 2100 and at each option it was asking for file number.

michalm

Star Member
Jan 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
how Did you manage to talk to them? which number u tried? I tried one ending with 2100 and at each option it was asking for file number.
Yep, that's the number. I started my call at 7:55 eastern time as they start work at 8:00. I've been trying to reach them almost every day last week but couldn't. On average it took me 5 minutes 30 seconds for the call to be disconnected due to unavailable agents. That's why I called 5 minutes before they start work and Bam, it worked :D.
For the file number just press #.
For reference you can use this image which is being circulated in all immigration groups.

aman35

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
Yep, that's the number. I started my call at 7:55 eastern time as they start work at 8:00. I've been trying to reach them almost every day last week but couldn't. On average it took me 5 minutes 30 seconds for the call to be disconnected due to unavailable agents. That's why I called 5 minutes before they start work and Bam, it worked :D.
For the file number just press #.
For reference you can use this image which is being circulated in all immigration groups.

Strangely I was able to go till 2-1-1-2-1-#-1-xxxx-1, but it did not provide me option 0.

michalm

Star Member
Jan 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Strangely I was able to go till 2-1-1-2-1-#-1-xxxx-1, but it did not provide me option 0.
Not 100% sure now, but I think that there's one "1" missing before the 0. Maybe the options have changed.
After you give your year of birth and confirm it with "1" listen to the entire message. I'm pretty sure they say that you gotta press "1" to check status and then you have options to hear the options again, go back to the previous menu or press 0 to be transferred to an agent.