+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

nik_on

Star Member
May 10, 2021
Ontario
Just a quick query,
Has anyone not used IMM0008 (Generic form) updated version 3/2021 and got AOR1 ?
I think I might have used IMM0008 revision version 03/2021. Initially, I filled up the version 06/2020 and I realized just before sending my application in April that IRCC has released a new version in 03/2021 and used the updated form. I received AOR1 in May.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
I think I might have used IMM0008 revision version 03/2021. Initially, I filled up the version 06/2020 and I realized just before sending my application in April that IRCC has released a new version in 03/2021 and used the updated form. I received AOR1 in May.
You mean you received AOR1 in June not May, correct?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
When you can't be helpful it's kinder to not say anything.
You asked for the input. If you want some random number that means nothing, great - but as you noted, the standard orders have broken down, so no - there's no useful answer.

Perhaps you wish to rephrase your question as "could someone give me a meaningless number to make me feel better somehow?"

Oh, okay.

Eight.

Just the number, no units.

bigdaycoming

May 4, 2021
You asked for the input. If you want some random number that means nothing, great - but as you noted, the standard orders have broken down, so no - there's no useful answer.

Perhaps you wish to rephrase your question as "could someone give me a meaningless number to make me feel better somehow?"

Oh, okay.

Eight.

Just the number, no units.
Sod off. You are pointless.
You should learn not to generalize in your responses "VIP member". I asked in case there were people who had gotten similar trends in their processing with actual data, not meaningless numbers. Pay for some reading comprehension courses instead of being unhelpful. And sod right off. Don't even bother replying back cause I could not care less for what you have to say.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
When you can't be helpful it's kinder to not say anything.
Here's the thing, there's really no "helpful" answer anyone can give you besides "no one knows". Have you looked at the spreadsheets and/or read around on this forum? Timing varies immensely from case to case. People with timelines that look identical will suddenly diverge at some point or people who's timelines have been totally different will suddenly get on the same timeline. If you think about all the variables in the application and processing, there's very very little one can predict. Certainly anyone on here who tries to tell you that you'll get X in a certain amount of time because you've gotten Y already is really just guessing. If you want a better idea of when you might get the next step, you could always contact IRCC but don't expect them to be able to tell you themselves.

I'm sorry if this isn't the "helpful" answer you want, but in my opinion a truthful answer that nobody on this forum can tell you an accurate timeline for YOUR case is a really far kinder than a guess that may stress you out further when that random internet stranger's timeline comes and goes. Look at the trends in the spreadsheets here if it's helpful to you and try to not get overly concerned if yours is taking longer than someone else's. Good luck - waiting is hard.

aman35

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
I have a quick query. I have filed Spouse visa for my wife and file type is outland. I have not heard anything from past 2 months. Now I am concerned. Anything I can do to check the status of file ?
Also, Can I file visitor visa for my wife until her PR file is in progress?

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
I have a quick query. I have filed Spouse visa for my wife and file type is outland. I have not heard anything from past 2 months. Now I am concerned. Anything I can do to check the status of file ?
Also, Can I file visitor visa for my wife until her PR file is in progress?
Call CIC (1888-242-2100) and check the status of the application. It's unlikely they will approve a visitor visa for Spouse.

Reactions: aman35