+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

applicant2021

Star Member
Jun 12, 2021
I think the delay in background check depend on which country you are form origionally, for example if you are from an unstable musilm country like sudan, yemen, syria, iraq , libya , somalia then expect a looooooong delay ( unfortunately , I am)

If you are from a relatively stable muslim country then it will be longer but no significant delays.

This is the only explanation , Ive seen it with many from those countries. It is not related to the person specific background , as long as you are from those countries then you would be treated that waY for security reasons.
I think this might be a factor but not the only one. My dad applied 7 months before I did and we are both on DM (I am a June 2021 applicant and he is a November 2020 applicant). He also was in Canada for ~3 years more than me so he had way more days than required while I barely had enough. I think they favor young applicants as well but I might be wrong. They also asked for his fingerprints while they didn't in my case.

Last edited:

patri.egea

May 22, 2021
Same here. Still doesn’t work.
Just got this by email:

Please be advised that due to a technical error, your citizenship test is CANCELLED and a new one will be created today. On Thursday you will receive another invitation to complete the online test with a NEW START DATE of January 31, 2022.

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding.

At least they are not ignoring the issue. Although I will forget everything I have "studied" by then lol.

Reactions: Zabooster

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Just got this by email:

Please be advised that due to a technical error, your citizenship test is CANCELLED and a new one will be created today. On Thursday you will receive another invitation to complete the online test with a NEW START DATE of January 31, 2022.

At least they are not ignoring the issue. Although I will forget everything I have "studied" by then lol.
I just came here to say this too.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Timeline,

Type: Paper application
Application: Single
Application sent: May 19, 2021
Delivered: May 25, 2021
AOR: Aug 30. 2021
Test Invite: Jan 12, 2021
Test Attempted: Jan 24, 2021

How long does it take to receive the official test result and oath invite?

CLCR4025

Jul 10, 2015
Hello!

Hope anyone has an insight on this. I got my background verification completed back in Sep 23rd. I had to move to Calgary from Toronto on August and sent the updated through the online tool provided on august 3rd. I see that many on a similar time frame as I have received al least their test invitation. Would a Change in address result in a longer timeline? Appreciate the help.

segorucu

Jun 8, 2018
I received the following e-mail. I guess those in Alberta may have received the same today.

Good day,

Kind regards,

IRCC Official MS

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
My online tracker states that I hvae been invited to take the test betwenn Jan 28 and Feb 17 and should be receiving an email with more information. This is from Jan 20th, however I don't see the actual invite with information reagarding the exact date/time of my test. Should I wait a few more days for this email or fill out a webform requesting information.

I will be update the tracker excel once I know the exact date/time.

Thanks.

Rupin

Aug 8, 2018
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-02-2018
Nomination.....
15-12-17
AOR Received.
08-03-2018
Med's Request
15-11-18
Med's Done....
14-11-18 (upfront)
I received the following e-mail. I guess those in Alberta may have received the same today.

Good day,

Kind regards,

IRCC Official MS
I received the same e mail today, But my citizenship tracker is still showing old dates, but I am just gonna wait for a few days before giving test. I think they are having issues with the testing system and it better to wait for a few days

bakshivishal

May 6, 2014
My online tracker states that I hvae been invited to take the test betwenn Jan 28 and Feb 17 and should be receiving an email with more information. This is from Jan 20th, however I don't see the actual invite with information reagarding the exact date/time of my test. Should I wait a few more days for this email or fill out a webform requesting information.

I will be update the tracker excel once I know the exact date/time.

Thanks.
There is no exact date/time of the test. Email will have a test link and you can click on the link anytime you want during the test window of jan 28 to feb 17.