islamabad
Please add to the tracker -

Paper Application (single)
Application Received: May 27, 2021
AOR: Sept 7, 2021
Background check completed : Nov 4, 2021
Rest all are in progress.
No test invite, no FP request.

There is no update in my tracker since Nov 4.
Is this normal? No update for more than 2 months? Any one experiencing the same?

How do I find out which office is processing my file?
welcome to the club we are rocking the same boat

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017

Is this normal? No update for more than 2 months? Any one experiencing the same?

Same here - received AOR on September 16 and everything still in progress. No background check completed, no updates on the tracker, nothing.

Hang in there, hopefully the updates are coming sooner rather than later.

Reactions: summaiya_t

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015

Relax , i’m exactly the same dates as you except I didnt get the background check completed yet. Its like a lottery , you never now . Some people take 2 years to finish, others get it in 8 months

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
Same here - received AOR on September 16 and everything still in progress. No background check completed, no updates on the tracker, nothing.

I think the delay in background check depend on which country you are form origionally, for example if you are from an unstable musilm country like sudan, yemen, syria, iraq , libya , somalia then expect a looooooong delay ( unfortunately , I am)

If you are from a relatively stable muslim country then it will be longer but no significant delays.

This is the only explanation , Ive seen it with many from those countries. It is not related to the person specific background , as long as you are from those countries then you would be treated that waY for security reasons.

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
There is a few of us with the same test date getting the same issue. I believe all in Alberta. I tried yesterday and today and still the same.

Their reply is that there is a technical issue and to wait.
Same here, I am based in BC. I received a test invitation on Jan. 17, logged in today, on Jan. 23 to take the test, and got the error message. Checked my application status - citizenship test reads as "not started".

Neelteal

Jan 22, 2022

Yeah, it’s difficult to understand how they are processing our applications. Some people are done with all the steps, and we have no updates since 2 months.

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
I think the delay in background check depend on which country you are form origionally, for example if you are from an unstable musilm country like sudan, yemen, syria, iraq , libya , somalia then expect a looooooong delay ( unfortunately , I am)

If you are from a relatively stable muslim country then it will be longer but no significant delays.

This is the only explanation , Ive seen it with many from those countries. It is not related to the person specific background , as long as you are from those countries then you would be treated that waY for security reasons.
I'm sorry my friend, but I'm going to have to disagree with you. The background checks conducted for citizenship are restricted to Canada-wide searches and have nothing to do with the applicant's country of origin. A person's country of origin, especially if s/he comes from a Muslim-majority country with a corrupt and unreliable security apparatus, will certainly impede a PR application as these applications require checks from that country.

asing711

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017

Not sure if it’s appropriate to speculate, especially based on country of origin in relation to religion. Truth is, the IRCC is all over the place on this and although we may want to draw trends, it’s very hard to.
hang in there, I’m sure it’ll happen soon enough for you (and the rest of us

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
New tracker updated as well with below udpate:

Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.

Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!
Many Congratulations!

pete_sk

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown at the moment
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
10 April 2015
Med's Done....
19 Jan 2015
My application now says “Updated: January 24”.

Is this a ghost update? What do they even mean?