+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

y623wang

Jul 30, 2018
For online test, it says we'll need to take a picture of ID on the test date. Wonder how does that work? Should I hold the ID in front of me with myself as the background? or should I only put the ID in front of the camera without me in the picture?

Dec 6, 2021
For online test, it says we'll need to take a picture of ID on the test date. Wonder how does that work? Should I hold the ID in front of me with myself as the background? or should I only put the ID in front of the camera without me in the picture?
Put your ID in front of the camera. There will be rectangle to scan ID like when you scan a check for online deposit.

VickiC

Jan 30, 2019
Canada
Hi all, sorry if this has been asked before!

I have a notice on my account saying "Take the Citizenship test" (Dec 10 - 30) and I should read the invitation carefully. The update was made December 3rd. But, I haven't received any invitation and it's now the 6th,

Does anyone know how/when I get the invitation? Should I be calling them due to a missing invitation? Thanks so much!

(Also, does anyone know if I can take the test while overseas? I'm travelling home for the holidays 17th - 29th... Or will they allow me to choose a date 10th - 16th?)

wink

May 25, 2021

I have a notice on my account saying "Take the Citizenship test" (Dec 10 - 30) and I should read the invitation carefully. The update was made December 3rd. But, I haven't received any invitation and it's now the 6th,

Does anyone know how/when I get the invitation? Should I be calling them due to a missing invitation? Thanks so much!

(Also, does anyone know if I can take the test while overseas? I'm travelling home for the holidays 17th - 29th... Or will they allow me to choose a date 10th - 16th?)
Test invitation email would come two days before test window opens (in your case may be on 8th). You would be able to take the test anytime on 10th itself. It is highly recommended that you take the test while in Canada. Otherwise you need to let the IRCC know that (after receiving the invitation email) you would be taking the test from outside the country.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021

You will have to inform IRCC for taking the test outside Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html

Please inform them. Don't take the test outside without informing them. It may lead to your application being denied.

andulka

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021

Can you share your timeline?

Voldemort

Nov 7, 2017
Please add to the spreadsheet:
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1281
Application: Single
Application sent: May 7, 2021
Delivered: May 7, 2021
AOR: August 30
Invitation for Online Test: Dec 6, 2021
Dates for Online Test: Dec 10, 2021 - Dec 30, 2021

Also currently I am in BC, outside my home province. How would the provincial questions be selected in the online test? Would I have the option to select Ontario?

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Please add to the spreadsheet:
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1281
Application: Single
Application sent: May 7, 2021
Delivered: May 7, 2021
AOR: August 30
Invitation for Online Test: Dec 6, 2021
Dates for Online Test: Dec 10, 2021 - Dec 30, 2021

Also currently I am in BC, outside my home province. How would the provincial questions be selected in the online test? Would I have the option to select Ontario?
I assume it’ll be based on your current address with IRCC. If you haven’t changed your address from Ontario to BC then the test will be based on Ontario related questions.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
I assume it’ll be based on your current address with IRCC. If you haven’t changed your address from Ontario to BC then the test will be based on Ontario related questions.
Didn't realize questions are asked based on where you live. Do you have a source for that?
When studying, should we skip all other provinces?
How do we know if IRCC has updated our address change?

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Didn't realize questions are asked based on where you live. Do you have a source for that?
When studying, should we skip all other provinces?
How do we know if IRCC has updated our address change?
I apologize for not being clear, only the questions like MP for your riding and MLA in your area, name of your province’s premier, lieutenant governor etc are all specific to your home address. Discover Canada book basically has all these questions as fill up the blanks for you to fill it up according to your circumstances.
You still need to read about rest of the provinces, history of Canada etc. as outlined in Discover Canada.

The only sure shot way to know is through your ecas or status tracking website or probably by contacting ircc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Immigreat81

dynisious007

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Do we get fingerprint request after the test or before? My test is completed but no request for fingerprint yet.
I got the update this morning.

But didn't receive any emails yet.

I didnt get my test invite or anything. So it will be different on my situation.

My friend also have the same situation. He also go his fingerprint request before his background verification completed, then the test invitation came in.

sinou3939

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
I got a ghost update Nov 29th, but nothing since. I wonder if I should be worried if something is wrong with my app :oops: