+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

MericaEh

May 19, 2021
Hi, yes got the digital copy from the photographer along with the receipt and uploaded. I remember it said no scanned copy and receipt of photographer required
I remember seeing that too, but I think this has recently been updated. One of the previous options was also to upload a .txt file with the photographer's info, while now there are fields where you can just type the info in the application itself. As mentioned on their website, they are constantly updating the online application and it's still a pilot - so it wouldn't be shocking to see things changing frequently. Following the instructions on there would be a safe bet but I would also upload a copy of the receipt or the stamp on the back of the photo just to be safe.

Rijo02

May 2, 2018
Hi folks,
I've sent my citizenship application to the P.O address using canada post to UPS courier adress,

if any one had a same issue,
USP should have verified the address before accepting the shipment. Contact them for details on what you should do.

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Question for those of you who applied online.

Did you get a digital copy of your photo? It says on the page that "You may upload a picture of a printed photo that the photographer took (for example, with a scanner or mobile phone)." so I just scanned the photo. Wondering if anyone else did that?
Also I didn't see it asking for a receipt, it just asked for the information of the photographer. Did I miss something?

I haven't submitted yet, so just wanted to double check that.
I received the digital copy from the photographer and uploaded that while applying. There was also a separate field to either attach the copy of receipt or text file with photographer’s details.

At that time it specifically stated that the scanned copies of photos aren’t acceptable. That might have changed with the ever evolving online application platform.

Melchett

Star Member
Nov 2, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
16-07-2018
I also uploaded the receipt, even though it seems they recently removed this requirement. Better to have one document too many than too few.

Reactions: Baharm

Glory. A. O

Jan 21, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I am waiting for reply from anyone on below message which i posted earlier but no response yet.

I am approaching time where i can apply for citizenship. I tried filling the application form and facing errors (Red Block against the date section) in following fields:

1- Question 9 - "TO" Date
2- Question 10 - All "FROM" and "TO" Dates
3- Question 11 - All "TO" Dates
4- Question 14 - Passport "ISSUE" and "EXPIRY" Dates

Anyone else faced such issues while filling application in pdf format on PC and how to deal with this ?

I have also seen that in the document checklist, its not mentioned to submit scanned copies of all pages of Passport. I heard, people submitting them before. Is that something changed recently, anyone has any idea about it ?

Do we need to submit copies of all pages with stamps or just follow the Document Checklist.

Thanks
@rizwan150 you don't have to scan all pages of your passport, only biographical page. Follow the document checklist.

For the red block errors,
1. Check that you are using the correct Adobe version indicated
2. As much as possible, fill in the information chronologically, sometimes you need to fill in information for a step/number in order to fill in info for a subsequent step/number.

Dana.D

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Add to tracker
Application: paper
Physical presence days: 1132
Application sent: 20 may 2021
Application: Family

desi_badboy

May 21, 2021
Hi Guys, Those who applied online - did you receive any invitation or can anyone do it through this link - https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/landing

If this link is open for all, why is the IRCC saying its by invite only? What if the application never gets accepted if I apply online through this. Will I end up losing money or will i then have the option to apply paper based without paying additional fee?

Thanks in advance!!

seraolo

Feb 28, 2015
Hi Guys, Those who applied online - did you receive any invitation or can anyone do it through this link - https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/landing

If this link is open for all, why is the IRCC saying its by invite only? What if the application never gets accepted if I apply online through this. Will I end up losing money or will i then have the option to apply paper based without paying additional fee?

Thanks in advance!!
hopefully , some experts answer this question ......I need the answer as well

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
Hi fellow May 2021 applicant

I would be most most grateful if you could help me with this question.

I was trying to finish my citiznehsip application (paper based) today and I was surprised with this puzzling issue:

When i'm filling the online physical calculator it ask me to enter the date i'm going to sign the application . So when i enter the date as 21st May 2021 the eligibility period in the calculator shows as as 21th May 2016 - 20th May 2021.

But when I Copy the "to date " from the calculator which is the (20th of May 2021) into the Citizenship application it shows the eligibility period as 20th May 2016 - 20th May 2021!!!!!!!

There is a one day difference between the two eligibility periods!!

Calculator is showing 21st of May 2016 - 20th May 2021 vs Application showing 20th May 2016- 20th May 2021

could you please explain if I'm doing something wrong? i'm really going crazy trying to figure this out. There must be something worong

thank you

saks2013

Jul 10, 2017

I was trying to finish my citiznehsip application (paper based) today and I was surprised with this puzzling issue:

When i'm filling the online physical calculator it ask me to enter the date i'm going to sign the application . So when i enter the date as 21st May 2021 the eligibility period in the calculator shows as as 21th May 2016 - 20th May 2021.

But when I Copy the "to date " from the calculator which is the (20th of May 2021) into the Citizenship application it shows the eligibility period as 20th May 2016 - 20th May 2021!!!!!!!

Calculator is showing 21st of May 2016 - 20th May 2021 vs Application showing 20th May 2016- 20th May 2021

could you please explain if I'm doing something wrong? i'm really going crazy trying to figure this out. There must be something worong

thank you
I noticed it while completing the application. I think, it could be that application (adobe) is not accounting for the leap year (2020), while online calculator has. You could add an explanation. We didn't add one as it was a generated field.

saks2013

Jul 10, 2017
Please add to the tracker

Type: Paper Application
Physical Presence Days: 1097
Application: Family
Application sent: May 18, 2021
Delivered: May 21, 2021

Rijo02

May 2, 2018

thank you
No need it worry. It is how the system is configured. I experience the same thing and I already have my AOR.

All the best!

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
No need it worry. It is how the system is configured. I experience the same thing and I already have my AOR.

All the best!
Thanks Dear , so you applies with one day difference in eligibility between the Calculator and citizenship ? or you altered it . could you please confirm.

thank you

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
I noticed it while completing the application. I think, it could be that application (adobe) is not accounting for the leap year (2020), while online calculator has. You could add an explanation. We didn't add one as it was a generated field.
Thank you so i'm not crazy after all . I was so obsessed I was about to waite till monday to ask an agent but i doubt they will provide me with an answer .