May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Fingerprinting was done on October 1, so it's still not 1 year from then.
I see, I got my fingerprint request/done on Sept 14th, 2021,,, my Oath was on Feb 7th, 2022. My application was received in Nov, 03rd, 2020.

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
Tracker update after yesterday`s oath : Citizenship ceremony - Completed but file progress still shows "In-Progress". I guess it will show closed when they send the certificate? Am I correct?

Reactions: DEEP2022

az210

Aug 6, 2021
Hi everyone, I obtained my Canadian passport yesterday. Thanks for the help from everyone in this forum!

Here is my experience of passport (PP) application.

2022-Aug-11 Vancouver PP office, 757 W Hastings St #100, Vancouver, BC V6C 1A1

05:45 I’m the 15th person waiting in line. Since it’s waiting outside, bring chairs and warm jackets. Bring earphones to watch YouTube quietly.

07:00 Staff bring people to the building, giving free bottled water. The building has a washroom.

07:30 Staff bring people to the waiting room, based on flight ticket time (red tickets for flights within 24 hours, blue tickets for flights within 48 hours, white tickets for flights beyond 48 hours). The waiting room has chairs to sit.

One person can only get one ticket. Your friend can help obtain the ticket, wait in the room, then transfer the ticket to you later (like at 08:30).

I’m the number 2 red ticket.

08:00 Just waiting. The waiting room has no free Wifi. Just use cellular data.

08:30 Only 5 people with red tickets. 22 people with blue tickets. 15 people with white tickets.

08:40 Go to another room to get service. If you forget some documents, you can go back home to pick it and come back today. One person forgets to bring the original birth certificate and needs to go home.

09:15 Scan Citizenship certificate, driver's license, flight ticket. Pay money. Get receipt to pick up the passport at 3:30PM. Done.

At this time, none of the blue-ticket holders go to another room to get service.

15:15 Join the line to pick up PP

16:00 Get the PP finally

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi everyone, I obtained my Canadian passport yesterday. Thanks for the help from everyone in this forum!

05:45 I’m the 15th person waiting in line. Since it’s waiting outside, bring chairs and warm jackets. Bring earphones to watch YouTube quietly.

07:00 Staff bring people to the building, giving free bottled water. The building has a washroom.

07:30 Staff bring people to the waiting room, based on flight ticket time (red tickets for flights within 24 hours, blue tickets for flights within 48 hours, white tickets for flights beyond 48 hours). The waiting room has chairs to sit.

One person can only get one ticket. Your friend can help obtain the ticket, wait in the room, then transfer the ticket to you later (like at 08:30).

08:30 Only 5 people with red tickets. 22 people with blue tickets. 15 people with white tickets.

08:40 Go to another room to get service. If you forget some documents, you can go back home to pick it and come back today. One person forgets to bring the original birth certificate and needs to go home.

09:15 Scan Citizenship certificate, driver's license, flight ticket. Pay money. Get receipt to pick up the passport at 3:30PM. Done.

At this time, none of the blue-ticket holders go to another room to get service.

Congrats!

So you just bring the documents to the visa office and do it in one day?

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Old ecas status changed to decision made, but nothing on the new tracker, it still shows prohibitions/language/ceremony not started.

Anyone had the same?

park1996

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018

I was there as well! I had a bus ticket on Aug 23rd and they told me I can only pick it up on Aug 22nd...

I probably should have just bought a refundable ticket that departs on the same day...

UPA

Apr 17, 2017
Hi Guys, Im in the process of applying for passports as well. Does the 2 References and Guarantor need to be Canadian citizens? Or Just Guarantor?
Thanks.

raja_michra

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Hello, Those who have done oath, I did send the form right after oath but have not received any acknowledgement..do we receive an acknowledgement and if yes then what is the time after you sent the form that you received it..

Thanks

sachinfromNB

May 13, 2022
I am expecting to get my Oath ceremony invite soon.
Due to work, I have to move to a different city for few weeks.

Can family members take Oath separately from different cities? family of three was filed together.

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Status update this morning, background check completed, citizenship test completed, just waiting on the prohibitions to finish and then hopefully its "decision made" after that

Last edited:
Reactions: Wandering Mind

raja_michra

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Hello Guys, After the oath ceremony my file is closed as per the tracker but for my minor child it's still in progress? Is that normal

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Hello friends, got an email regarding interview. Hope I only need to reply to that email confirming that I will be attending the interview or anything else more required? Do we also need to sign the consent page agreeing to use Microsoft teams and send the signed pdf to them through email?

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
All conditions are now green lit apart from the citizenship ceremony, Great surprise to wake up to. Decision made now showing on the online services screen. Patiently waiting the citizenship date letter. Please can line 134 Roderick on the spreadsheet be up today to decision made @FutureImmi Can the spreadsheet be updated please? Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Slowmoving