+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2021 - Citizenship Applications

park1996

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Ok Vancouver asked me for my passport copies.

Their system sent me an email saying “An important attachment is enclosed” while there is simply no attachment lol. I had to call the call centre to realize they’re asking for my passport copies…

Shame on them to have screwed up twice. Whoever assigned to my case (and whoever developed this stupid computer system) should be fired period.

Well… how long does it usually take from passport requests to oath?

park1996

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
The call centre agent also confirmed with me that my urgent request has been approved.

it is very weird: when I called earlier they said it was not in the urgent “pool” but later they clarified that there is an urgent request but my application is not in the “pool”. And today they told me the request was officially approved.

Reactions: gabrielasqs

park1996

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Ok everything completed except oath.

it was worth staying up until 3.30 pacific I guess... well more my anxiety playing games with me...

In case any one of you are wondering... the tracker updates around 3AM PDT it should... I checked at 2:30AM the update wasn't there and then 3:30 AM it was.

Last edited:

DEEP2022

Feb 22, 2022
Finally some update! Everything changed to completed except prohibition is showing in progress now. My hopes are coming back! lol
Physical Presence & Prohibitions are in progress for me :(
Why is that, for most people Language skills, Physical presence & Prohibitions get completed together and for few it doesn't.
Can somebody share the process how IRCC works in this matter?

Last edited:

Didona84

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
Vancouver office timeline (paper application, family of 3):

Application delivered: 2 May 2021
AOR 15 August 2021
Test invitation: 2 May 2022/14 May passed
Decision Made: 26 July 2022
Oath Ceremony Scheduled: 18 August 2022

Funny thing is my ECAS shows most categories In Progress, knowledge test Not Started and ceremony In Progress. It is unreliable. But finally, this ordeal is almost over, at least until I apply for the passport.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

park1996

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Vancouver office timeline (paper application, family of 3):

Application delivered: 2 May 2021
AOR 15 August 2021
Test invitation: 2 May 2022/14 May passed
Decision Made: 26 July 2022
Oath Ceremony Scheduled: 18 August 2022

Funny thing is my ECAS shows most categories In Progress, knowledge test Not Started and ceremony In Progress. It is unreliable. But finally, this ordeal is almost over, at least until I apply for the passport.
I DM'ed one day before you and also Vancouver, but they still haven't scheduled me for oath...

My application is also urgent so I'm not sure...

segorucu

Jun 8, 2018
I've been scheduled to attend my citizenship ceremony on August 16, 2022. I haven't received any official confirmation neither by mail or e-mail. Therefore, I do not now know hot wo attend it and what to bring. I sent them a message just now. Has anybody else had the same issue? What is their phone no to reach them? What is the trick to speak to a person when I call them?

Greecman

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
I've been scheduled to attend my citizenship ceremony on August 16, 2022. I haven't received any official confirmation neither by mail or e-mail. Therefore, I do not now know hot wo attend it and what to bring. I sent them a message just now. Has anybody else had the same issue? What is their phone no to reach them? What is the trick to speak to a person when I call them?
No need to call them,you still have enough time,just be patient that's it

Reactions: segorucu