+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2020 Tech draw selects, let us group here

May 15, 2020
I second that, wait for another 20 days and continue to prepare your documents and keep it handy. You may get picked in next draw. I am not sure if I get selected in main draw on CEC or not. My CRS score is 436
thanks for your suggestion:) that's really helpful ... Wish you'll get it sooner too.

May 13, 2020
Yours is little bit trickly. You have to explain clearly about your situation, did you get points > 421 without 1 year of CEC?
If yes, you are good. It is better you wait till you complete 1 year and then send the papers.
Thanks, I would wait for one month before sending docs. also, the way score is going down. I am sure, I will get invite after one or two draws.

ashwinibm.canada

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
On May 13, 2020, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued targeted Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to candidates with Canadian work experience who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream.

On May 13, 2020, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued targeted Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to candidates

"with Canadian work experience"

who may qualify for Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream.
so is it, like who ever have canadian experience got invited for ? Is it have any criteria like it should be within last three years ?

Gaurav.Projekt

May 7, 2020
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2020
AOR Received.
28-08-2020
Med's Done....
19-10-2020
Passport Req..
NA
Thanks Gaurav, to get into 430 how many rounds are you expecting? Do you think chances would be before end of June.
IRCC usually conducts 2 draws in a month (each 14-15 days) but if you look Apr 20, total 6 draws happened (3 PNP + 3 CEC). And if this trend continues , at-least 4 draws (2 PNP + 2 CEC) will happen on average so there'll be another 6 draws
(3 PNP + 3 CEC) or more by end of June.
Not sure if it will drop down till 430 by end of June but hoping to see by End of July/Aug if draws are being limited to PNP/CEC candidates. Or you may see by end of June since its unpredictable
nowadays
and no one knows what will happen next.
Read this article - https://moving2canada.com/express-entry-draw/

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
thanks for your suggestion:) that's really helpful
Why not accept ONIP and let it go through the process and wait for EE pool?

If EE comes through then we can withdraw our application, I don't think it would be any issues except we will lose $1500 money. Documentation wise it is more or less same set of documents

Last edited:

jaylee0379

May 14, 2020
2 draws have happened so for and close to 7K NOI have issued only for CEC and we see points and just 8 points reduced so far. I doubt they will clear all CEC before they start looking at FSW for draw. Soon or later they may open up draws for say by July/Aug. Do we know how many CEC are in the wait list for with CRS 430 and above?
hi, what do you by waiting for EE-CEC draw? is this something different from Tech Draw? you can apply through CEC under HCP in the Tech Draw, right? I feel like you were mentioning something different. Thank you.

ramschennai

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Hello friends,

Nice to see a thread on the recent OINP tech draw.

I too received the NOI and need help with the following. Can someone help me with these? (Few are similar to other questions in this thread)

1) As EE qualifies for CEC in 11th month and adds points to it, I got NOI based on it - 3 days short of a year for me. I've already completed 1 year yesterday and intend to submit application sometime next week. Is this an issue? Do I need to include any LoE?

2) Change in CRS score - Post the draw, my CRS also changed from 423 to 473 as I was able to claim the 50 points for job offer (ICT). Should I mention the score while I got the NOI in the form and include a LoE for the same?

3) OINP needs work history for last 10 years. In EE I included only those needed for the points and I was not planning to get reference letters from other past employers. Is it mandatory to mention all of 10 years in OINP and get reference letter for all of them or can I mention in LoE that I qualify the needed work experience and have not included the rest?

4) For the question "Was your current work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or in section 205 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations?" I don't see any of that code mentioned anywhere in my work permit. I'm on ICT (LMIA exempt) work permit. Not sure should I answer YES or NO for this.

5) In EE I'm marking YES for have a valid job offer for atleast 1 year after PR and I have supporting letter for the same in case I get ITA. In OINP, I'm choosing NO for valid Job Offer as that is not a requirement. Would this be an issue? The reason I'm saying NO is to avoid unnecessary documentation.

6) In the education details, I know the start/end month and year but not exact date. Is it ok to mention as the 1st and mention in the LoE?

Thank you for taking time to read my queries. Tc & stay safe ppl.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hello friends,

Nice to see a thread on the recent OINP tech draw.

I too received the NOI and need help with the following. Can someone help me with these? (Few are similar to other questions in this thread)

1) As EE qualifies for CEC in 11th month and adds points to it, I got NOI based on it - 3 days short of a year for me. I've already completed 1 year yesterday and intend to submit application sometime next week. Is this an issue? Do I need to include any LoE?

2) Change in CRS score - Post the draw, my CRS also changed from 423 to 473 as I was able to claim the 50 points for job offer (ICT). Should I mention the score while I got the NOI in the form and include a LoE for the same?

3) OINP needs work history for last 10 years. In EE I included only those needed for the points and I was not planning to get reference letters from other past employers. Is it mandatory to mention all of 10 years in OINP and get reference letter for all of them or can I mention in LoE that I qualify the needed work experience and have not included the rest?

4) For the question "Was your current work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or in section 205 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations?" I don't see any of that code mentioned anywhere in my work permit. I'm on ICT (LMIA exempt) work permit. Not sure should I answer YES or NO for this.

5) In EE I'm marking YES for have a valid job offer for atleast 1 year after PR and I have supporting letter for the same in case I get ITA. In OINP, I'm choosing NO for valid Job Offer as that is not a requirement. Would this be an issue? The reason I'm saying NO is to avoid unnecessary documentation.

6) In the education details, I know the start/end month and year but not exact date. Is it ok to mention as the 1st and mention in the LoE?

Thank you for taking time to read my queries. Tc & stay safe ppl.
1) No, just make sure you apply after you have completed 1 year.
2) With 473, ITA is guaranteed to you in the next draw and you don't have to bother with applying to OINP.
3) Yes, documents are required from each and every employer in the past 10 years regardless of what you have mentioned in your EE profile. Check below link, everything is mentioned there:

https://www.ontario.ca/document/oinp-document-checklists/ontarios-express-entry-human-capital-priorities-stream-applicant-checklist

Not sure about your other questions. I would say wait for the next draw and apply for PR directly as you will get it in 3-4 months as a CEC candidate whereas PNP applicants take a lot longer.

ashwinibm.canada

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Guys my case,

I got OINP NOI on may 13th, but due to pandemic, I couldn't apply passport for my 1.5 yrs kid. What to do in this case? I am not sure, if I could get one within 45 days for my kid, and I feel its not safe to visit office n other things to get passport done.

ramschennai

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
1) No, just make sure you apply after you have completed 1 year.
2) With 473, ITA is guaranteed to you in the next draw and you don't have to bother with applying to OINP.
3) Yes, documents are required from each and every employer in the past 10 years regardless of what you have mentioned in your EE profile. Check below link, everything is mentioned there:

https://www.ontario.ca/document/oinp-document-checklists/ontarios-express-entry-human-capital-priorities-stream-applicant-checklist

Not sure about your other questions. I would say wait for the next draw and apply for PR directly as you will get it in 3-4 months as a CEC candidate whereas PNP applicants take a lot longer.
Thank you @seadrag0n for taking time to reply. You are right, if CEC only draw next, chances are good to get ITA. If it will be FSW restarting, looking at the pool spread, will not get invite in next 1 or 2 rounds. And so am preparing for OINP to be safe. Have all reference letters for 9 years in the current organisation (multiple locations). Reaching out ex employer to get for another year can prove to be involved and not guaranteed. Instead wondering if I can provide usual experience letter and other support documents. What would be missing is the detailed reference letter including job roles. Between for both OINP HCP - FSWP and CEC - the points do not count beyond 6 years.

Gaurav.Projekt

May 7, 2020
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2020
AOR Received.
28-08-2020
Med's Done....
19-10-2020
Passport Req..
NA
Why not accept ONIP and let it go through the process and wait for EE pool?

If EE comes through then we can withdraw our application, I don't think it would be any issues except we will lose $1500 money. Documentation wise it is more or less same set of documents
Yes, that's also true but sitting at 446 can wait for another CEC round and will definitely get ITA, if not then go for ONIP route. That's my opinion!

jaylee0379

May 14, 2020
guys, is there requirements of the employer/company for oinp nomination? such as, the annual profit, the number of the employees, etc. any feedback would be appreciated!

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
guys, is there requirements of the employer/company for oinp nomination? such as, the annual profit, the number of the employees, etc. any feedback would be appreciated!
Nothing about employer profit or other details if you got a NOI from ONIP. However they do normal check about company and may ask additional document if required during assessment based on Job Offer, LMIA documents you have shared